Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: The Long Riders (Special Edition) $15.68 (57% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Batman Ninja (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
8 hrs ago
The Foreigner (Blu-ray)
$10.99

Fifty Shades Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22

The Matrix Reloaded 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
10 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 10-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #41

Sep 2010
OC- Fountain Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali157 View Post
Do you have an old LFM and looking to see if it is worth upgrading? Or is someone trying to sell you an older LFM? Just curious. If it is the second scenario, what sub do you currently own?
Someone is selling me the old LFM-1 for a great price. I am debating whether to get it or save up and get the LFM-plus or EX if it is worth it. I hear that the ex and the plus is pretty much the same as the LFM-1.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #42
Special Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked45 View Post
Someone is selling me the old LFM-1 for a great price. I am debating whether to get it or save up and get the LFM-plus or EX if it is worth it. I hear that the ex and the plus is pretty much the same as the LFM-1.
I don't know if you had a chance to call, but what did Outlaw say? From the specs, the amp is slightly more powerful on the Plus... but I cannot tell if they changed anything else. Also, is the warranty transferable? If you don't mind me asking, how much is he/she selling the sub for? To me, I would be concerned if the sub is no longer under warranty... but that is b/c I got burned before. Also, the sub goes on sale quite frequently (got mine at $460 shipped). If anything else, I would also look at their b-stock. Just throwing out options (which you probably already know...).
Old 10-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #43

Sep 2010
OC- Fountain Valley

Quote:
I don't know if you had a chance to call, but what did Outlaw say? From the specs, the amp is slightly more powerful on the Plus... but I cannot tell if they changed anything else. Also, is the warranty transferable? If you don't mind me asking, how much is he/she selling the sub for? To me, I would be concerned if the sub is no longer under warranty... but that is b/c I got burned before. Also, the sub goes on sale quite frequently (got mine at $460 shipped). If anything else, I would also look at their b-stock. Just throwing out options (which you probably already know...).
Thanks for the heads up. He is selling me the lfm-1 for $300. He is local so I had a chance to come check it out. It is out of warranty but it's still in good condition besides a few scratches on the plexiglass. Do you happen to know if i can replace the plexiglass or get something to remove the scratches?

By the way, I checked out ur HT pics....looks clean, I like it a lot!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:37 AM   #44
Special Member

Nov 2009

thats good you got a chance to check it out. I hope you got to put it through some serious testing.

As for the scratches, I have used Novus Plastic Polish before. It works quite well... but depending on your scratch. The deeper the scratch, the more work. If you are doing it by hand, even smaller scratches take some serious "elbow grease." If there are quite a few scratches that are deep and you have a drill, you may want to get some polishing pad attachments.

The top looks like it is glued on and I don't know how easy it is to replace. Actually, no to sound repetitive, but you may want to ask outlaw if it is easy to replace b/c if they used something like construction adhesive on that (which is what I would do) you will probably end up chipping off stuck plexiglass from the subwoofer cabinet. If it is easy to remove, see if they can even send you a replacement.

Oh and thanks on the compliment. Any chance of you posting your HT? We LOOOOOVE pictures.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:42 AM   #45

Sep 2010
OC- Fountain Valley

Quote:
thats good you got a chance to check it out. I hope you got to put it through some serious testing.

As for the scratches, I have used Novus Plastic Polish before. It works quite well... but depending on your scratch. The deeper the scratch, the more work. If you are doing it by hand, even smaller scratches take some serious "elbow grease." If there are quite a few scratches that are deep and you have a drill, you may want to get some polishing pad attachments.

The top looks like it is glued on and I don't know how easy it is to replace. Actually, no to sound repetitive, but you may want to ask outlaw if it is easy to replace b/c if they used something like construction adhesive on that (which is what I would do) you will probably end up chipping off stuck plexiglass from the subwoofer cabinet. If it is easy to remove, see if they can even send you a replacement.

Oh and thanks on the compliment. Any chance of you posting your HT? We LOOOOOVE pictures.
I'll look into the novus products, hopefully it'll work out. I'll also give outlaw a ring to see what they can do for me.

I have my psb image t6 speakers on order and they should be comming in sometime next week...cant wait! As soon as I get my HT set up, I'll be sure to post up some pics.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #46
Power Member

Sep 2008
Nashville, TN (In a cave, in a dark, cold, cave)
Thumbs up New LFM-1 Plus Owner

Well we've had the LFM-1 Plus for a few weeks now and couldn't be happier with it. Every time I talked to someone about the LFM Plus they said that it "sounded" different. I had an idea as to what that meant but didn't understand it fully until I heard it for myself. It does SOUND different. You can feel the LFM Plus but it has a sound to it rather then just a kick in the chest feel to it. It's very musical and just as powerful for movies. I'm listening to a lot of my cd's again because of it. It has such a smooth sound. I haven't been able to blast it yet but I haven't needed to either. Right now I have the volume set to 2.5 on the back of the LFM and it's rattling everything in the house. We absolutely love it.

In doing my own research I've noticed that Outlaw really isn't really getting the recognition they deserve for their subs. Hopefully that will change over time. In my opinion they are right up there with all the other big sub companies.

If anyone is interested you can read my full review here.

SNSGUY
My Home Theater COMPLETED 11/6/13
My Memorabilia UPDATED 4/9/14
TV-Pioneer Kuro 500M Reciever-marantz SR5003 Front-polkaudio Monitor 60's Center-polkaudio CS2 Surrounds-ONKYO SKM-540S Subwoofer-Outlaw LFM-1 Plus BD Player-oppo BDP-83 Gaming-XBOX360 S Conditioner and Protector-APC H15
Old 02-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #47
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post
Well we've had the LFM-1 Plus for a few weeks now and couldn't be happier with it. Every time I talked to someone about the LFM Plus they said that it "sounded" different. I had an idea as to what that meant but didn't understand it fully until I heard it for myself. It does SOUND different. You can feel the LFM Plus but it has a sound to it rather then just a kick in the chest feel to it. It's very musical and just as powerful for movies. I'm listening to a lot of my cd's again because of it. It has such a smooth sound. I haven't been able to blast it yet but I haven't needed to either. Right now I have the volume set to 2.5 on the back of the LFM and it's rattling everything in the house. We absolutely love it.

In doing my own research I've noticed that Outlaw really isn't really getting the recognition they deserve for their subs. Hopefully that will change over time. In my opinion they are right up there with all the other big sub companies.

SNSGUY
Congrats, Outlaw subs were designed in part with the help of Dr Hsu of Hsu Research, which of course makes Hsu Subwoofers.

I have tried to get people to look at outlaw, and only a few have, but you have a great sub there... congrats.
Video: Samsung 60" 4K SUHD TV UN60JS8000, Oppo BDP-103, DirecTv HD, AppleTV
Amplification: Marantz SR5010, NaimUniti 2 Integrated Amp
2-CH: NaimUniti 2 Streaming Integrated Amp, Apple Mac Mini, JRiver, Tidal
Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210 C, DM 2/6
Subwoofer:
Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP
Old 02-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #48

Sep 2010
Shenandoah Valley

Congrats on the sub! I too think that Outlaw has some very good subs out there that you don't hear too much about. I've been enjoying my EX for over a year now. Although I can't compare it to some of the other well represented subs, I'm actually planning on getting a second for my HT. Nice to see this thread move again...
Samsung-PN59D8000, Yamaha-CX-A5000, Emotiva-XPA 2(mains) XPA 3(center/surrounds), Oppo-BDP-93, Phillips-CDR 820, Audiosource-EQ Ten, Panamax-M5300-EX, Dish-VIP 211K, Xbox 360, Tekton Designs-Pendragon(mains) Pendragon(center) Pendragon(surrounds) Outlaw (2)-LFM-1 EX(subs) cables by: Emotiva/Blue Jeans Cable
Old 02-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #49
Special Member

Nov 2009

Quote:

SNSGUY
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the sub. I agree that it is a sub that doesn't need to be blasted to be enjoyed. Again, good write up.

Now we just need to work on that OTHER upgrade...
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #50
Power Member

Sep 2008
Nashville, TN (In a cave, in a dark, cold, cave)
Exclamation A couple updates on my review of the Outlaw LFM-1 Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Congrats, Outlaw subs were designed in part with the help of Dr Hsu of Hsu Research, which of course makes Hsu Subwoofers.

I have tried to get people to look at outlaw, and only a few have, but you have a great sub there... congrats.
Thanks callas! I did heed your advice on the Marantz and I remembered you also recommended HSU subs back then too. You give great advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiades restrained? View Post
Congrats on the sub! I too think that Outlaw has some very good subs out there that you don't hear too much about. I've been enjoying my EX for over a year now. Although I can't compare it to some of the other well represented subs, I'm actually planning on getting a second for my HT. Nice to see this thread move again...
I'm trying to keep myself from buying another. My wife is keeping me in line though.

Quote:
Thanks for posting your thoughts on the sub. I agree that it is a sub that doesn't need to be blasted to be enjoyed. Again, good write up.

Now we just need to work on that OTHER upgrade...
Thanks Kali! Believe me, I'm working on it.

UPDATE:

I wanted to let you guys know that I made a couple of updates to the review I did. Nothing major but two things that I feel are important.

First, I read in the manual that you must keep all packaging for the subwoofer. You CANNOT send it in your own packaging. If you throw it out and need to send it in under warranty, you can buy the packaging from Outlaw. I was taken back by this at first but then I realized that it makes sense. It keeps it from getting damaged so you do not have to pay for it and so that Outlaw doesn't have to deal with it.

The second is that I found that a better electrical cord makes the sub sound even better. I replaced the one that came with the Outlaw with a 14 gauge cord and it resulted in smoother and tighter bass. I recommend getting one if you can.

I just thought I'd share that.

SNSGUY
My Home Theater COMPLETED 11/6/13
My Memorabilia UPDATED 4/9/14
TV-Pioneer Kuro 500M Reciever-marantz SR5003 Front-polkaudio Monitor 60's Center-polkaudio CS2 Surrounds-ONKYO SKM-540S Subwoofer-Outlaw LFM-1 Plus BD Player-oppo BDP-83 Gaming-XBOX360 S Conditioner and Protector-APC H15
Old 06-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #51
Special Member

Nov 2009
Default Outlaw Subs on Sale

Outlaw just emailed me about a sale they are running:

M8 for $212! Total savings of $70.
LFM-1 Compact for $339! Total savings of $117.
LFM-1 Plus for $467! Total savings of $153.
LFM-1 EX for $552! Total savings of $187.

You can also add the OAWS3 Wireless system for $99.
You can add a Velodyne's SMS-1 Subwoofer Equalization system for$299.

The email says the prices are good until June 13. They seem to run this sale once a year and are some great prices for these subs.

Anyway, giving people a heads up just in case you missed the last sale. Thinking about adding a second sub... just don't have room

EDIT:
Forgot to add: all subs ship free

Last edited by Kali157; 06-02-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #52
Power Member

Feb 2008
-

Quote:

SNSGUY
I just read your post and the "sound" part peaked my curiosity. I'm assuming that the "different sound" is a good thing, right? I guess if it wasn't, you wouldn't have given the sub a good review, but I just wanted to clarify. Thanks.
I looked up the phrase 'Getting It Done' in the dictionary and it said, "See Marvel Cinematic Universe 2008-present".
Old 06-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #53

Sep 2010
Shenandoah Valley

I'm so excited... I just purchased my 2nd lfm-ex. Can't wait for it to come, but it does give me time to read up on the calibration of 2 subs, proper placement,etc. Thank goodness for big daddy's posts.
Samsung-PN59D8000, Yamaha-CX-A5000, Emotiva-XPA 2(mains) XPA 3(center/surrounds), Oppo-BDP-93, Phillips-CDR 820, Audiosource-EQ Ten, Panamax-M5300-EX, Dish-VIP 211K, Xbox 360, Tekton Designs-Pendragon(mains) Pendragon(center) Pendragon(surrounds) Outlaw (2)-LFM-1 EX(subs) cables by: Emotiva/Blue Jeans Cable
Old 06-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #54
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiades restrained? View Post
I'm so excited... I just purchased my 2nd lfm-ex. Can't wait for it to come, but it does give me time to read up on the calibration of 2 subs, proper placement,etc. Thank goodness for big daddy's posts.
congrats! Good to see you rockin the duals. We need pics of your setup.
Video: Samsung 60" 4K SUHD TV UN60JS8000, Oppo BDP-103, DirecTv HD, AppleTV
Amplification: Marantz SR5010, NaimUniti 2 Integrated Amp
2-CH: NaimUniti 2 Streaming Integrated Amp, Apple Mac Mini, JRiver, Tidal
Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210 C, DM 2/6
Subwoofer:
Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP
Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #55

Sep 2010
Shenandoah Valley

Thanks callas01, I have taken some pics but just haven't had the time to post them yet. I'll take more when it comes in. I still haven't decided where I'll put the thing... how much does furniture affect bass? As in sofa, love seat, etc...
Old 06-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #56
Special Member

Jul 2009
Cincinnati, OH

I am joining this bunch of Outlaws . I ordered the LFM-1 EX yesterday for my new setup. I got the wireless connectors with it as well. I think it is to big to place next to my plasma with the speakers. The wireless will give me better placement options. Will most likely make it an end table. Hoping the wireless will work as well as using a cable. We'll see.
Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-290, ADP 190's, Sub: Outlaw LFM-1 EX, Receiver: Yamaha RX A2000, Plasma: Panasonic TH-58PZ800, Blu-ray Player: Oppo BDP 103D, Panasonic DMP BDT 320, Region Free Blu-ray Player: Insignia NS-BRDVD4
Old 09-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #57

Dec 2010

Bought the B-stock LFM-1 EX! Pretty damn excited! Hope there's no visual imperfections. Do B-stock items come with all the accessories? Is the Outlaw warranty 3 years on woofer and electronics? Thanks!

How the hell was a NEW EX $552 3 months ago??! I got mine for $574 and everyone says that's a great price.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #58

Sep 2011
Default hi

hi friends
Old 09-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #59
Expert Member

Jul 2007
San Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by test123455 View Post
Bought the B-stock LFM-1 EX! Pretty damn excited! Hope there's no visual imperfections. Do B-stock items come with all the accessories? Is the Outlaw warranty 3 years on woofer and electronics? Thanks!

How the hell was a NEW EX $552 3 months ago??! I got mine for $574 and everyone says that's a great price.
Did you give up pm the eD, test?
San Antonio, Tx
PS3
Martin 000-15SM
Yamaha CG142C
Old 09-21-2011, 03:49 AM   #60

Dec 2010

Fellow LFM-1 EX owners, I require your assistance.

I built a riser/isolation pad for a sub I had on order, but which took forever to arrive. Anyway, before I waste more time, and even more money, I was wondering if my fellow subwoofer brother could do me a gigantic (huge) favor.

Before I start, I dont expect anyone to actually do this. However, if anyone has their subwoofer upside down, or would be so kind as to flip it over...can anyone please measure the exact distance from spike to spike (at the furthest point)?

Thanks sooooooooooooooo much!

Last edited by test123455; 09-21-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers