COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Water Life: Planet Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #261
DenOfEarth DenOfEarth is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada
928
243
Default

EXCELLENT picture and sound on Lilo and Stitch! very nicely done Disney, i gotta say one of my top 15 Disney films has never looked or sounded better than before.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #262
Benya Benya is online now
Member
 
Benya's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Florida
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Luckard View Post
Hmm, are you sure that's true?
Yes, Disney did not spend thousands of dollars to animated something in SD dvd quality. Even the DTV sequels were by then created in HD because of the growing trend in HDTV. The added animation was completed at the same quality to where it could be shown in theaters like Human Again & Morning Report. The only two special features on the blu-ray that are in 1080p are this deleted song and the Hiawatha feature. Everything else is in SD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #263
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
228
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Luckard View Post
That's not entirely accurate. They did the extended cut a few years back by taking the deleted song and finishing it to DVD-level quality. Unfortunately they didn't spend enough to have the song properly finished to film quality, so it couldn't be included in the BD because it would have stood out and looked awful. They still included it as a bonus feature. Obviously I wish they had spent the money to finish the scene to HD level at least, but that was never gonna happen.

Still, the DVD is definitely worth having, as you say.
accurate? We said the same thing, just you said it much more detail only with a slight inaccuracy of your own

The theatrical version didnt include the song, the initial DVD version did because, as you explained, Disney completed the animation/sound, in order to include it but with the BR they cut it out of the movie again

Also, the song included as an extra IS in HD (or close enough to - my eyes cant see any difference and I've had both the US and UK versions of which both are the same) so there's no reason they couldn't have given the option to play theatrical or extended on the disc, like they did with BATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benya View Post
That's not true at all. The scene as an extra feature is in 1080p HD and looks the same as the rest of the movie on blu-ray.
exactly

Disney were just lazy to not give the branching option and allow the viewer to choose which version of the song they want to watch - with or without the song




Anyways, back to Lilo and Stitch - I think I may have to be a little naughty and just download the extras from the DVD's that are missing from the blu-ray release as I dont have enough room to keep 2 copies of half the movies. Plus by selling the DVD copy when I get my blu-ray upgrade will also help go towards the import costs as believe it or not, the UK get inferior versions of Disney movies when compared to the US counterparts, even WITH the decline in extras/animated menus etc
I would keep the second disc of the DVD set - in the case of this movie anyway - but I hate disc stacking and dont think a 3rd DVD would fit. I do have hubs that I've often used before, but I fear the inside front cover is where the DVD's for this movie already sit, meaning there's no room to add the disc there. shame Disney.
There really is no excuse to port over SD content to a new disc...I'd be happy if they retained all prior extras in SD so long as we didnt lose them *sigh*
(Pre-)ordered: Aristocats SB / CA:TWS SB / Maleficent SB / OLLA SB / Sin City 2 SB / Snowpiercer Kimichi Lenti + Full slip SB / The Hunchback of Notre Dame SB
For Sale/Trade: The Little Mermaid US 2D/DVD w/3D slip / Mary Poppins & Dumbo & V for Vendetta Steelbooks (spares/sealed) PM me
Wanted: Kimichi / Korean Disney steelbook varients

Last edited by yeslek; 06-15-2013 at 05:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #264
thebard thebard is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Oct 2010
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post

Anyways, back to Lilo and Stitch - I think I may have to be a little naughty and just download the extras from the DVD's that are missing from the blu-ray release as I dont have enough room to keep 2 copies of half the movies. Plus by selling the DVD copy when I get my blu-ray upgrade will also help go towards the import costs as believe it or not, the UK get inferior versions of Disney movies when compared to the US counterparts, even WITH the decline in extras/animated menus etc
I would keep the second disc of the DVD set - in the case of this movie anyway - but I hate disc stacking and dont think a 3rd DVD would fit. I do have hubs that I've often used before, but I fear the inside front cover is where the DVD's for this movie already sit, meaning there's no room to add the disc there. shame Disney.
There really is no excuse to port over SD content to a new disc...I'd be happy if they retained all prior extras in SD so long as we didnt lose them *sigh*
The inside front cover (left) houses the blu-ray; the dvds stack on the right.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #265
Sky_Captain Sky_Captain is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Sky_Captain's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1066
12
1
Default

As has been mentioned before, the case will hold four discs. Both hubs are stackable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #266
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
228
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
The inside front cover (left) houses the blu-ray; the dvds stack on the right.
thats the reverse of what the prior ones do then...but still, both covers are used and I dont know if its worth it/cheap enough to get a middle tray for the discs....may have too look into it, though I'm thinking of creating a folder and keeping digi-copies of lost extras instead. Dont want to be spending MORE money on Disney, they et enough off me as is or not)with all the DVD-Blu-ray and 3D+Steel double dips (and yes I know its my choice to buy
(Pre-)ordered: Aristocats SB / CA:TWS SB / Maleficent SB / OLLA SB / Sin City 2 SB / Snowpiercer Kimichi Lenti + Full slip SB / The Hunchback of Notre Dame SB
For Sale/Trade: The Little Mermaid US 2D/DVD w/3D slip / Mary Poppins & Dumbo & V for Vendetta Steelbooks (spares/sealed) PM me
Wanted: Kimichi / Korean Disney steelbook varients
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #267
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
228
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
As has been mentioned before, the case will hold four discs. Both hubs are stackable.
I despise stacking DVD's as they lack the additional protective layer Blu's have so refuse to stack if/when/where possible
(Pre-)ordered: Aristocats SB / CA:TWS SB / Maleficent SB / OLLA SB / Sin City 2 SB / Snowpiercer Kimichi Lenti + Full slip SB / The Hunchback of Notre Dame SB
For Sale/Trade: The Little Mermaid US 2D/DVD w/3D slip / Mary Poppins & Dumbo & V for Vendetta Steelbooks (spares/sealed) PM me
Wanted: Kimichi / Korean Disney steelbook varients
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #268
ac4155 ac4155 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2010
England, UK
23
Default

Mine arrived in the UK today. Can't wait to sit down and watch it. I think I'll have to also pick of the other 2-movie sets.

I actually wasn't expecting the slipcover, that was a nice surprise. I'm probably too use to Disney UK releases with slip overs.

Edit: I also have the Disney Movie reward code inside it to trade if anyone has a spare UK code.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #269
OrlandoEastwood OrlandoEastwood is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
OrlandoEastwood's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Mexico, OH
76
545
2
85
24
Default

I got mine in the mail from Target.com yesterday. I don't know when I'll get around to watching. Work at my day job is killing me and filmmaking is taking time from everything.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #270
SeffBlu SeffBlu is offline
Active Member
 
SeffBlu's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Boston, MA
38
4
11
Default

Film-Social just did a review on the release.

http://film-social.com/2013/07/08/li...-review-12137/
In love with Bu-rays.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #271
Zen_Amako Zen_Amako is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Zen_Amako's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA
313
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmorganworks View Post
Film-Social just did a review on the release.

http://film-social.com/2013/07/08/li...-review-12137/
From that review:

Quote:
Regarding the Blu-ray release itself, it’s pretty impressive considering the age of these movies. There’s only so much you can do with a movie that was released before high definition was a thing people coveted.
Huh?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #272
SeffBlu SeffBlu is offline
Active Member
 
SeffBlu's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Boston, MA
38
4
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
From that review:



Huh?
I think what the reviewer meant was that it was made back in 2002, while VHS was released and I highly doubt they were thinking of the Blu release back then. And it looks way better than the DVD. I'm assuming that's what they were saying.
In love with Bu-rays.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #273
Zen_Amako Zen_Amako is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Zen_Amako's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA
313
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmorganworks View Post
I think what the reviewer meant was that it was made back in 2002, while VHS was released and I highly doubt they were thinking of the Blu release back then. And it looks way better than the DVD. I'm assuming that's what they were saying.
It was made for movie theaters (the original film, at least). It's only 11 years old and there's no reason it shouldn't look great on BD (and it does, aside from a little edge enhancement).
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #274
PeterTHX PeterTHX is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
It was made for movie theaters (the original film, at least). It's only 11 years old and there's no reason it shouldn't look great on BD (and it does, aside from a little edge enhancement).
Myself I think that EE is baked into the CAPS master.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #275
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Thirty-Mile Zone
24
772
192
125
19
Default

Finally ordered this today for around $14 new on ebay. I'm so stoked to watch this childhood favorite again! And not so pumped to see the sequel, but hey, indifference allots for room to be pleasantly surprised. So bring it on!
Top 10 Favorite Films: 1. The Dark Knight 2. The Departed 3. The Shawshank Redemption 4. Pulp Fiction 5. District 9 6. The Lord of the Rings 7. The Empire Strikes Back 8. Casino Royale 9. No Country For Old Men 10. The Lion King

Favorite Movie Quote: "I need some dudes up here that speak American, God damn it! He's making a f***ing sweater back here. I'm trying to put Tiger Balm on this jungle's nuts." – Cody in Tropic Thunder
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 AM   #276
disneywildcat disneywildcat is online now
Special Member
 
Jul 2012
TX, USA
Default UK Blu-ray Quick Review

I decided to get the single movie UK Blu-ray due to the 2 for 16 GBP and see if it contained any how it compares to the US release in terms of Bonus Features.

Good News: It does have most of the Bonus Features from the 2002 US DVD release (but it doesn't have the On Location With the Directors feature). And it does have the complete set of deleted scenes and early versions found in the 2010 DVD Release, including the 747 sequence that was changed after 9/11.

Bad News: Besides not having the 2 hour documentary found in the 2010 US DVD release, all of the extras are in SD, including the "Inter-Stitch-ials".

Therefore, those who still want the best complete feature should keep their 2010 US 2 Disc DVD release.

Last edited by disneywildcat; 04-28-2014 at 03:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #277
robgmun robgmun is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
I decided to get the single movie UK Blu-ray due to the 2 for 16 GBP and see if it contained any how it compares to the US release in terms of Bonus Features.

Good News: It does have most of the Bonus Features from the 2002 US DVD release (but it doesn't have the On Location With the Directors feature. And it does have the complete set of deleted scenes and early versions found in the 2010 DVD Release, including the 747 sequence that was changed after 9/11.

Bad News: Besides not having the 2 hour documentary found in the 2010 US DVD release, all of the extras are in SD, including the "Inter-Stitch-ials".

Therefore, those who still want the best complete feature should keep their 2010 US 2 Disc DVD release.
How does the image quality compare? I have the UK Blu and there are some serious artifacting (Macroblocking on his face every alternative frame of animation) in the first meeting with 'Bubbles' at the house. I'm wondering if there's a bad batch and i got unlucky or it effects all copies
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #278
Zak2000 Zak2000 is online now
Active Member
 
Zak2000's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Austria
139
47
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgmun View Post
How does the image quality compare? I have the UK Blu and there are some serious artifacting (Macroblocking on his face every alternative frame of animation) in the first meeting with 'Bubbles' at the house. I'm wondering if there's a bad batch and i got unlucky or it effects all copies
I guess it's bad luck. Almost every disney movie uses the same master as far as I remember.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 PM.