COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Water Life: Planet Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Old 05-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #901
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Silverlake, Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Yeah, but they did Curtains in a good timeframe, so I can hope.
Curtains is definitely an anomaly for Synapse. They usually have much longer gestation times for releases. I remember when they announced Christina Lindberg's Wide Open. That one took 3 years to come out. Roughly the same with Exponerad.

They always do top work and it's worth the wait, but just know, most of the time, it will be a wait.
My Criterion Collection

Please help me acquire these Scream Factory slips (in Mint condition):Cockneys Vs. Zombies, Sleepaway Camp, Cat People, Vincent Price Collection Vol. 1 Slipbox
Old 05-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #902
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

You know what would be a good way to make money for them? Release a Henenlotter Box Set with Basket Case 2&3, Brain Damage, and Frankenhooker. Then, release the three not currently on BD alone a few months later, so people can be happy. To do this right, though, they must announce that they will do the individuals when they announce the set.

This is just my thought. Feel no need to agree with what I say.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #903

Jan 2013

Here's a post Synapse made on Facebook and some additional interesting comments they made as well that has some status updates.

Quote:
Just a little update on the inventory of DEMONS and DEMONS 2 here in the office, for those that may have been waiting to get them. After today's orders are filled, we'll have less than 150 DEMONS and less than 500 DEMONS 2 Steelbooks left here. Thanks all for the massive success of these and we're glad you enjoy them. We appreciate all you fans have done for us over the years, and we are glad this little experiment with alternate packaging went so well for us. We also learned that Steelbooks are a massive pain in the ass! Hahaha! Any orders placed today will go out after the 4th of July holiday next week (probably on the 8th).

Quote:
PROM NIGHT update will be, maybe, this week... We're shooting for a September date. Just finalizing everything with our distributor now.

Quote:
We're trying to fix up the master for TENEBRAE right now, and we have a neat surprise for PHENOMENA to be included. For SUSPIRIA, still working on getting the negative scanned... whew, what a nightmare it has been with that title, but we just want to do it right!
In response to a question asking if the Argento movies would be priced like the Demons steelbooks:

Quote:
Hi Brent, right now we are working on all the Argento titles and unlike what Lee said, there are many other factors, including licensing fees just to acquire the titles, which have to be considered as part of the price. Since the titles are not completely done, and the costs involved with each future Argento release are certainly not all invoiced yet, we do not know the answer to that question.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #904
Power Member

Jun 2008
Anderson, SC

That was me asking about the pricing at the end. I thought a great deal of the price of the Demons sets came from the packaging, but with how they say that there at the end (mixed with what they say about Suspiria) it looks like the pricing could end up not far off. I really, really hope that doesn't happen.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #905

Sep 2013
UK

It would be a shame if they follow the Demons release model, as that's me priced out of it. They say the market for these titles is shrinking so pricing above what some of that market can afford sits awkwardly with me. Clearly they think they're absolutely justified and we have to respect their view, but equally I see what local UK labels like Arrow and the BFI are now doing in terms of full restorations at very reasonable prices and Synapse doen't compare well.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:24 AM   #906

Jun 2014

I'm starting to seriously consider the Demons steelbooks. Some thoughts on the product aspects of the disc?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:07 AM   #907

Jun 2014
Canada

Will they ever release the Coffin Joe movies from the 60's on Blu-Ray like "At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul" or "This Night I Will Possess Your Corpse"??

I know they released that now official third part of the Coffin Joe trilogy on Blu-Ray called "Embodiment Of Evil" so I was just wondering if they are working on putting the first two films on Blu-Ray as well??

Anybody know anything??
Old 07-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #908
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeasneededforpain View Post
Will they ever release the Coffin Joe movies from the 60's on Blu-Ray like "At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul" or "This Night I Will Possess Your Corpse"??

I know they released that now official third part of the Coffin Joe trilogy on Blu-Ray called "Embodiment Of Evil" so I was just wondering if they are working on putting the first two films on Blu-Ray as well??

Anybody know anything??
IIRC Don May Jr. said no when asked some time ago because no HD masters exist of the older movies.

I am sure they would love to release them if the Brazilian rights holders eventually do new transfers, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The alternative would be for them or some other small company to fork over the money themselves for new transfers (providing they could get access to the film materials), but these are sadly probably too obscure to justify such an expensive endeavor.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Nosferatu (1979), Blood and Black Lace, Dracula (1979), L'avventura, The Vanishing (1988), Eyes Without a Face, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Without Warning, Don't Look Now (remaster), Man Bites Dog, Cannibal Holocaust, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979)
Old 07-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #909

Jun 2014
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thomsen View Post
IIRC Don May Jr. said no when asked some time ago because no HD masters exist of the older movies.

I am sure they would love to release them if the Brazilian rights holders eventually do new transfers, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The alternative would be for them or some other small company to fork over the money themselves for new transfers (providing they could get access to the film materials), but these are sadly probably too obscure to justify such an expensive endeavor.
Damn that's a shame as I FINALLY got to watch "At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul" (after hearing about and searching for it for years) the other day thanks to it being on Youtube and I loved it.

I know their audio and picture quality will never be 100% but what are the best DVD versions of the 60's Coffin Joe films to buy then in terms of audio and picture quality??? As I know they've been released on DVD and I'd love to own them.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #910
Special Member

Oct 2008
MD, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeasneededforpain View Post
Damn that's a shame as I FINALLY got to watch "At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul" (after hearing about and searching for it for years) the other day thanks to it being on Youtube and I loved it.

I know their audio and picture quality will never be 100% but what are the best DVD versions of the 60's Coffin Joe films to buy then in terms of audio and picture quality??? As I know they've been released on DVD and I'd love to own them.
The DVDs from Fantoma are the ones to get.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #911
Special Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaide View Post
I'm starting to seriously consider the Demons steelbooks. Some thoughts on the product aspects of the disc?
I really enjoyed the Demons steelbooks - colors really pop and are detailed. I don't regret my purchase(s).
Old 07-24-2014, 11:11 PM   #912

Jun 2014
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthenikonuser View Post
The DVDs from Fantoma are the ones to get.
Which ones are they??? Are they the ones in the Coffin Joe Trilogy that came in a black coffin case that was limited to 10,000 copies??? Or do you mean these....

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00005ABVJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1406243077&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40

Ironically after I inquired here, I emailed Synapse earlier this morning and asked them directly if they would be releasing the early Coffin Joe movies. They said and I quote....

Quote:
As a matter of fact, we will be. Right now, Brazil only has standard def transfers from the negatives, but they will be in better shape than the previous releases.
Interesting news then.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #913

Oct 2012
South of Heaven

Great news! Either way, the last Coffin Joe film Synapse did is by far the greatest looking blu-ray I've seen. Totally blown away with it.
my lucky number is none. my favorite color is dead.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #914

Jun 2014
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRiverPatriot View Post
Great news! Either way, the last Coffin Joe film Synapse did is by far the greatest looking blu-ray I've seen. Totally blown away with it.
Yeah I need to grab that last Coffin Joe movie "Embodiment Of Evil" on Bluray as it looks good. Is it as awesome as "At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul" is??

As for the 60's Coffin Joe films, Synapse sent me a follow up email and said...

Quote:
We are still working on them. No date set yet. As I said there are no HD masters of these done, so we’ll only be releasing DVD. Coffin Joe himself approved the masters, though, so that’s a good sign!

Kindest Regards,

Don May, Jr.
President, Synapse Films
So yes...I'd imagine this will be great if Coffin Joe himself gave them the thumbs up.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #915
Expert Member

May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada

Who wants The Untold Story on BD by these guys?
Old 07-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #916
Special Member

Aug 2010
France

me
Old 07-27-2014, 01:02 AM   #917

Jun 2014

What's been happening with Popcorn lately?
Old 07-27-2014, 02:11 AM   #918
Special Member

Dec 2008

Being a bit of a steelbook collector I asked on FB if the Argento films would be steelbooks. I was very specific that I had Arrow steels preordered, that I would cancel if Synapse would be steels. Basically told me that they didn't know yet
For Sale or Trade Les Miserable Steelbook / Finding Nemo Empty Viva Case
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors