COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
House of Bodies (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Labor Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Hercules (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Last Unicorn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Old 07-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #4841
Contributor

Apr 2009
Corner Totem Ave. and Bryston Blvd, Arcam Shire

Good day Sir Lawrence

Olivier
Panasonic TC-P55ST30
Oppo BDP-83, Bel Canto 3.5vb DAC
Arcam AVR400 Receiver, Bryston 6B-SST Power Amp, Totem Forests Signature L/R, Totem Model One Sig. Center, Totem Mites Surrounds, TotemTress Speaker cables
Nordost White Lightning Interconnects,
JL Audio Fathom f113 Gloss Black, Acco Accoustic Panels

Old 07-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #4842
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Good day Sir Lawrence

Well Good Morning to you too Oliver.

I am so flattered that you've visited my thread to say "hello". This is huge! I will mark this day on my calender.

Seriously though, thanks for stopping by. Frankly, I should be the last one to comment on thread visits,... I'm barely on the threads my damn self. I rarely have the opportunity to visit any thread. So your fly by is appreciated.
Regards,
Ldgibson76

My Room as of June 2014

"Chance favors only the prepared mind." Louis Pasteur
Old 07-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #4843
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 View Post
Who, CrazDogg?!
Indeed ........ The Man .... The Myth ..... CrazDogg

If you two hook up, make sure to take his wallet away from him
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old 07-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #4844
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Indeed ........ The Man .... The Myth ..... CrazDogg

If you two hook up, make sure to take his wallet away from him
I just got off the phone with him. We're meeting tomorrow.
Regards,
Ldgibson76

My Room as of June 2014

Old 07-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #4845
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Quote:

Well Good Morning to you too Oliver.

I am so flattered that you've visited my thread to say "hello". This is huge! I will mark this day on my calender.

Seriously though, thanks for stopping by. Frankly, I should be the last one to comment on thread visits,... I'm barely on the threads my damn self. I rarely have the opportunity to visit any thread. So your fly by is appreciated.
And I know one thread in particular that didn't get a visit from either of you

Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 07-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #4846
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

So what have we accomplished today ? ......
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 07-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #4847
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Good Morning Russ.

I spoke with E last night about the "Goings on" in recent days. He'll most likely be touching base with you in the near future.

How's your morning?

I'll be doing some work in the cave today. I just received the Bob Marley "Legends" blu-ray.
Bob Marley Bluray!!? I will be ordering my copy ASAP.
Receiver-Yamaha RXV-3800, Amps- Pass Labs X250, Pass Labs X3, DAC- M2Tech Young, Projector-Epson 8500UB, Screen-Elite 103", Remote-TSU 9600, Towers-Focal Electra 1038be2, Center chan- Focal 1038be, Side surr-Polk Rm6751, Rear surr-Polk FXi3, Sub-Paradigm PW2200 Ver2, DVR-Dish VP622, Console-Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox Kinect, HTPC-Antec fusion black enclosure.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #4848
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Good Morning LDogg!!!!!

So today's the day of the first Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejusted View Post
Bob Marley Bluray!!? I will be ordering my copy ASAP.
Yeah "E" just be aware it's audio only
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 07-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #4849
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Hey LDG,

When do you take delivery of those Summit X's? Also, what Atmos pre/pro you leaning towards?
When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Old 07-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #4850
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Hi LDG,

How's the weekend treating you?

You've made some really nice progress on your room, it's looking great!

So when are your acoustic panels finally going up?

[Show spoiler]I'm not one to talk as my panels aren't in use at the moment either
Old 07-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #4851

Oct 2009
Deep Space

LDG working the bugs out of my HTPC. I have xbmc working well but cant remember how to add the repositories getting confused with Linux. Trying to watch ESPN but having player issues watching a game of Cricket. My shares on the network are good and have xbmc remotes setup on both ios an android. It coming along.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #4852
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Hello to all.

I apologize for delay in replying. I've become extremely busy at work. With the opening of 3 new offices, I'm up to my neck in projects at have to be completed by the end of this month.

Believe it not, I'm working today, creating plans for ordering supplies, materials and office furniture for each location. You would think it would be a uniformed process, but it's anything but that. Each locale has exclusive requirements. It's a real PITA, dealing with and conforming to different codes, laws and statutes.

To Aces:

Hello Aces. It's really good to read from you and thank you for stopping by.
Thank you for the acknowledgement about my room and set up. The panels are in the room leaning against the wall below their designated positions. Since Callas hung his, I've been sort of envious! So when I get a free moment, I will be hanging those bastards!
I will surely reply to your PM later this evening.

To CrazDogg: I know I have been a no show on several ocassions, but my heart is in the right place. My intentions are good... but my life is in chaos! It's always something. But I promise you, you will see me in the next two weeks because I will have to be down in your area opening an office your zip code!

I will look at my XBMC program to see what I have going on. Hopefully I'll be able to assist you with your questions regarding the extentions.

To Wabs:

Hello my friend.
I wish I was getting the Summits! The ETA of the ESL's...... end of August is the game plan.
But the way it's looking, unless I hit bonus level this month and next, I may have to opt for interest free financing and I hate financing electronics! But I want the ML's so bad, I may have to make an exception. It grates against my etched in stone philosophy regarding pleasure purchases.
Regards,
Ldgibson76

My Room as of June 2014

Old 07-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #4853
Contributor

Apr 2009

Well Lawrence I hope you have time to chill out a bit and have a beer today at least, you deserve it
Olivier
Panasonic TC-P55ST30
Arcam AVR400 Receiver, Bryston 6B-SST Power Amp, Totem Forests Signature L/R, Totem Model One Sig. Center, Totem Mites Surrounds, TotemTress Speaker cables

Old 07-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #4854

Oct 2009
Deep Space

I understand.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #4855
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Well Lawrence I hope you have time to chill out a bit and have a beer today at least, you deserve it
Hello Oliver.

How are you my friend? Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. As I type this reply, I'm waiting for confirmation numbers on several shipments. So I have some time to galavant on the threads.

I will tell you this though. I'm having issues with Verizon Fios. Not really issues, more like snafu's. I decide to upgrade my TV package to the Quantum TV techology which allow recording up to 12 movies at a time and some other enhancements to the TV viewing experience. To tell you the truth, I can not articulate what those enhancements are per'se, but let's just say, picture quality should be improved with the higher bandwidth the new media clients (boxes) and the uber media server that I've been provided in this upgrade.

So, I receive the new boxes (1 Media Server, 4 Media clients), which are much smaller than the traditional hidef controllers. I install them all and then NOTHING! Everytime I tested the connections, FAILED! There are 4 tests that are conducted. The first test (Verizon connection test) passes. It's the second test (In-home connection test) that I can't get pass.

Long story short, after checking, making sure all boxes where properly wired and connected correctly, it was determined that all of the splitters (5-1000 MHz) in my house are not capable of accommodating the higher bandwidth sent from the network. After that revelation, I immediately go to Radio Shack and purchase six 2.0 to 3.0 GHz splitters. I swap out all of the splitters and still the second test fails with an error code of '1201'/Bad tx code. Now I have to wait for a technician to come to my home (Tuesday) to find out what's causing the issue.

So we've been without TV for 4 days now. I get internet without a problem, but the TV signal is a no-go. I can usually figure out and resolve these types of issues when they occur, but not this time. Hopefully, the tech will figure it out.

Here's my issue with Verizon,..... when I decided to upgrade, knowing that a minimum of 1.65 GHz of bandwidth is required, why wasn't I asked if my home was capable of passing that type of signal? I will take responsibilty for not asking if a requirement beyond my current wiring is needed in order to receive the new Quantum TV signal, but when I had the Quantum Internet (N-Router w/150 Mbps download/65 Mbps upload) installed back in November, I assumed that I was good to go. The tech came out and swapped out the power supply box and control panel, plus ran an ethernet cable from the panel to the wireless router, something that was not required before.
So is it a stretch to assume that what's good for the uber speed internet speed, would be sufficient for the TV signal?
Regards,
Ldgibson76

My Room as of June 2014

Old 07-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #4856
Contributor

Apr 2009

Quote:
Hello Oliver.

How are you my friend? Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. As I type this reply, I'm waiting for confirmation numbers on several shipments. So I have some time to galavant on the threads.

I will tell you this though. I'm having issues with Verizon Fios. Not really issues, more like snafu's. I decide to upgrade my TV package to the Quantum TV techology which allow recording up to 12 movies at a time and some other enhancements to the TV viewing experience. To tell you the truth, I can not articulate what those enhancements are per'se, but let's just say, picture quality should be improved with the higher bandwidth the new media clients (boxes) and the uber media server that I've been provided in this upgrade.

So, I receive the new boxes (1 Media Server, 4 Media clients), which are much smaller than the traditional hidef controllers. I install them all and then NOTHING! Everytime I tested the connections, FAILED! There are 4 tests that are conducted. The first test (Verizon connection test) passes. It's the second test (In-home connection test) that I can't get pass.

Long story short, after checking, making sure all boxes where properly wired and connected correctly, it was determined that all of the splitters (5-1000 MHz) in my house are not capable of accommodating the higher bandwidth sent from the network. After that revelation, I immediately go to Radio Shack and purchase six 2.0 to 3.0 GHz splitters. I swap out all of the splitters and still the second test fails with an error code of '1201'/Bad tx code. Now I have to wait for a technician to come to my home (Tuesday) to find out what's causing the issue.

So we've been without TV for 4 days now. I get internet without a problem, but the TV signal is a no-go. I can usually figure out and resolve these types of issues when they occur, but not this time. Hopefully, the tech will figure it out.

Here's my issue with Verizon,..... when I decided to upgrade, knowing that a minimum of 1.65 GHz of bandwidth is required, why wasn't I asked if my home was capable of passing that type of signal? I will take responsibilty for not asking if a requirement beyond my current wiring is needed in order to receive the new Quantum TV signal, but when I had the Quantum Internet (N-Router w/150 Mbps download/65 Mbps upload) installed back in November, I assumed that I was good to go. The tech came out and swapped out the power supply box and control panel, plus ran an ethernet cable from the panel to the wireless router, something that was not required before.
So is it a stretch to assume that what's good for the uber speed internet speed, would be sufficient for the TV signal?
I have been thinking about upgrading my current old gen tv terminal to the latest gen PVR, I mean the speed is so much faster it's just insane. I barely need to record any shows nor movies for my part I prefer having the bluray media .

I have VOD in the worse case scenario so no real need for me to record them.

I am hoping the tech can figure out what is going on.
Olivier
Panasonic TC-P55ST30

Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #4857
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"

Good Morning LDogg!!!!!!

I'm sorry to read about your recent issues with that uber speed internet of yours . I hope the technicians are able to rectify the problem quickly
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
SVS
Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #4858

Oct 2009
Deep Space

Morning
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #4859
Blu-ray Archduke