Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planes (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Kid Cannabis (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Angry Birds Toons: Season One - Volume Two (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Vinyl (Blu-ray)
$13.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy73 View Post
Did his post ruin it for you or have you already seen it?
I'm guessing he hasn't, otherwise he'd know that my use of the word 'lightning' was purely descriptive and spoils absolutely nothing about the climax. There is lightning crashing through half the damn movie!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

I've found it today, for only $6.00:

Prison.jpg

Last edited by slimdude; 10-17-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
I've found it today, for only $6.00, in:

Attachment 61478
Looks like it was a review copy.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Looks like it was a review copy.
Nobody reviews blu-ray movies, in the city that I'm in. This city, barely review theatrical movies, lest blu-rays! Allied had Timerider for $6.00 buck, and I grabbed it as well. Allied Record Exchange, only had one copy of each title... Both of those blu-rays movies were there, waiting just for me because, nobody else had bought them, and Allied probably had them for a week.

Last edited by slimdude; 03-23-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #45

May 2011

I always admired this overlooked cult gem for 25 years since i was 7 years old when i rented it from one of my former city's video stores and i made myself a copy of it on a blank tape with other stuff with a second VCR when i was 13. In the last decade i yearned for a DVD as i always wished it did but glad these guys got the rights to this movie and i threw the old tape in the trash.

Very nice and crisp picture transfer and terrific surround sound too as it looks and sounds better than those bootleg DVDs fans held on for years and the extras are very nice too as they know how to please genre fans like me!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #46
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
It probably is a review copy, but Toledo never review blu-ray movies, none that I've seen! Youtube, I'm not so sure about. Toledo is a very small town...Allied Record Exchange, must've received Prison and Timerider from somewhere else, I don't know exactly, but I'm glad that I'm the one who've purchased them. I've got a lot of great deals on blu-rays from Allied.
It's positively a promo copy, but not necessarily a review copy. Could've been for a fanzine, website or radio station give-away. Maybe a promo for a local video store, hoping they would order some copies for rental. Anytime you see holes in the UPC, it is a promo copy. Back in the vinyl days I'd see this all the time at used record stores, but those also would had a stamp on them stating "promo copy, not for sale" and some legal text about how bad the fines are. No one cared and all used stores sold their promos, 3 of them still stand today so they were never shut down.

Congrats on a killer deal though, I'm semi-jealous. For that price I wouldn't care about slipcovers or UPC punches.

Last edited by bigdaddyhorse; 05-21-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:07 AM   #47

May 2013
Toronto
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Man, that brings back some memories, I used to own a VHS copy of "PRISON" that I bought from a video rental store.

The front cover artwork was what made me want to get it, really glad it seems they have replicated it on the inner sleeve of the Blu-ray.

I'm probably going to pick up the Blu-ray tomorrow (was looking at it today) and am glad I can flip the illustrated cover which I really don't like in this case. Too bad the slip cover will still have it!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauvoir View Post
really glad it seems they have replicated it on the inner sleeve of the Blu-ray.
Scream do that with all their collectors editions - I always turn them around.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #49
Banned

Jan 2013

I really like this one but the picture on the scream factory picture is wrong wheres the guy sitting in the chair and people looking through the window.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #50

Mar 2011

I picked this one up as a blind buy and am really glad I did. The movie was not without flaws but very entertaining and deserves more recognition than it currently has.

I was actually very impressed with the PQ on this release. Just about every other Scream Factory title I've seen (Howling, Lifeforce, Halloween II & III, From Beyond, Ninja III) has some amount of EE combined with some type of digital filtering which work together to lessen the film-like appearance. For whatever reason Prison seems to have escaped with minimal processing and really feels like I'm watching a 35mm print. Kudos to Scream!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:43 AM   #51

May 2011

Anyone thinks this BD is better looking than those bootleg DVDs you bought from conventions and held on for years? Scream did a nice job on the BD on the HD transfer and extras abound.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #52

Feb 2010
Overland Park Kansas

I picked this up yesterday and I can't wait to watch it tonight.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #53

Feb 2010

Are amazon still shipping this with slipcover?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #54
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemaess View Post
Maybe so, maybe no. Related story since I got an amazon email about this a few other titles being on sale today. From Beyond, which is one of those other sale items, recently came to me with a slip. I received that in August but the disc came out in March. This is pushing it just a month more. I've read theories that Scream keeps providing slips for all Collector's Editions, and just because some stores toss em is why you sometimes don't get or see one. This is completely unconfirmed and probably wishful thinking.

By all means if you (or anyone else) orders this now, please tell us if you get a slip (and from where of course).
Old 10-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #55

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemaess View Post
I ordered a copy from Amazon and received it yesterday and the answer is...Yes. It did ship with slipcover. Hope that helps.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #56

Jan 2011
Monterey, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Scream do that with all their collectors editions - I always turn them around.
Me too. Even if I'm not particularly fond of the reversible cover art, I still have the slipcover to look at!

The only ones that I'm lukewarm on is Prince of Darkness and From Beyond. I never cared for either of their artwork (I liked the From Beyond DVD artwork better than the theatrical poster). Same with Prince of Darkness.

But most of them knock it out of the park. I LOVE having the original theatrical poster for Day of the Dead. I like Bub and all, but something about that original Day of the Dead poster...
Old 10-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013

Blind buy for me, looks to good to pass up.
TV: Panasonic TC-P42S60
PSN ID: beatlemania63
Minnesota Vikings Fan
UV Codes For Sale!!
"If thatís true, if you donít know who I am, then maybe your best courseÖ would be to tread lightly."
Old 10-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #58
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013

Got my copy from Amazon today and it came with a slip although the corners were dented, can't complain!
TV: Panasonic TC-P42S60
PSN ID: beatlemania63
Minnesota Vikings Fan
UV Codes For Sale!!
"If thatís true, if you donít know who I am, then maybe your best courseÖ would be to tread lightly."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America