Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Yankee Doodle Dandy $11.89 (75% claimed)
Soon: The LEGO Movie 4K ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mission: Impossible The 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Resident Evil Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$71.99
Florence Foster Jenkins (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$122.99
Deepwater Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Before Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$65.59
Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 06-01-2015, 08:04 PM   #701
Special Member

Jan 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkidd1 View Post
Poor box office? I don't see how $400 million on a $170 million budget isn't making money - and compared to most of Disney's non-animated movies, it's a LOT of money. Everyone who grew up with the original Tron will see it. Like me many of those people had kids and took them to see Legacy (and loved it), so easily multiple generations of people are guaranteed to give Disney their cash. Perhaps they want to wait another 28 years and "reboot" Tron, and kill everything about it that's amazing.
Tron Legacy did make money however there is a huge breakdown where that money goes afterwards. Looks like a lot but it really isn't.

With the money Disney will make with Marvel & Star Wars I imagine they can use some of it for another Tron. Can't be that difficult.

With the limited amount of space over the next few years and the Tomorrowland flopping is the cause of why we ain't getting one, which is stupid.

We get sequels like Hot Tub Time Machine, Paul Blart, live action remakes of Disney classics but not another Tron.

This might sound mean but I really hope one their live-action remakes bombs especially Dumbo.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #702
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
Ditto
Old 06-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #703
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJulien View Post
So at this point, the Live Action front is looking to exclusively Remakes of the Animated Movies, Marvel, and Star Wars then.
And on the low-budget end - Spielberg DreamWorks prestige titles and real-life sports dramas.

Of course, I want to know what producer is meddling with their live action films and forcing them to have extreme exposition overload. Lone Ranger, John Carter, Tomorrowland - they all suffer from opening 15-20 mins that can be completely cut or partially moved to other parts of the films. Why does Tomorrowland open with telling Clooney's backstory when he's not the protagonist? Just start the film with Britt Robertson's story and when she meets Clooney THAT is when we get his backstory. In fact, I bet that's exactly what the screenplay was, but Disney execs were trying to sell the film on Clooney being in it and didn't want it to be 45 mins before you saw his character.

Last edited by captveg; 06-01-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #704
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
A bit off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
Can someone explain to me why advertising is so expensive? Feel free to school me, but I've always felt that it is one of the most overpaid industries.
A cynic might speculate that the big studios own those advertising companies,and use them to save on taxes...
Don't complain Kubrick isn't around anymore when you have Fincher.

Self improvement is masturbation-Tyler Durden
Old 09-18-2015, 01:12 PM   #705
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2004
New Jersey
Default TRON: Rebooted

Haven't logged in for ages. <Blows dust off the console> Hmmm, what is that laser apparatus for?

Really upset Disney pulled the plug on this one. Or maybe it was when Sam turned the server off.

With a proper script this one is easier to make. All the design elements are already in place.

Disney, listen. All you need do is have Sam find a way to bring his father back. He does a type of system restore and Sam wants to use Flynn's disc to bring his father's backup image back to life. "Flynn lives". Along the way he discovers the system restore brings him in the middle of the iso wars and even learns that his mother's program is still alive. He gets them both back - happy ending and the fans drool.

Oh and grid bugs... lots of grid bugs.
Proud founder of the blu-bloods.
Use "blu-blood" in your signature and become an elite user.

To be blu-blooded is commitment to the blu-ray technology. We believe other forms of HD media are inferior. Our goal is educate, support and propagate blu-ray.

Creatures of Hard Media
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=43882
Thanks given by:
Nightrunner (09-25-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #706
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron3 View Post
Haven't logged in for ages. <Blows dust off the console> Hmmm, what is that laser apparatus for?

Really upset Disney pulled the plug on this one. Or maybe it was when Sam turned the server off.

With a proper script this one is easier to make. All the design elements are already in place.

Disney, listen. All you need do is have Sam find a way to bring his father back. He does a type of system restore and Sam wants to use Flynn's disc to bring his father's backup image back to life. "Flynn lives". Along the way he discovers the system restore brings him in the middle of the iso wars and even learns that his mother's program is still alive. He gets them both back - happy ending and the fans drool.

It has been a while. It was very disappointing when the news came down. Glad to see you're back.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 09-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #707
Banned

Mar 2010
La Porte, TX

Quote:

One problem: Sam's mom never went to the Grid. The filmmakers stated that Cindy Morgan's character from the first movie isn't Sam's mother.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:00 AM   #708
Banned

Aug 2014

I would much rather a Tron 3 than all this annoying Star Wars stuff. The Tron series is far better than Star Wars IMO; I've never really been impressed with the narrative or the effects in the latter but the former's Tron Legacy was impressive (haven't seen the original but would like to one day).
Old 09-19-2015, 04:21 PM   #709
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2004
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
Glad to see you're back.
Thanks. Would you believe I could have become a member of this site in 2003 but didn't want to join at the time. Way back when Blu-ray was still a twinkle in development. But 2004 isn't too shabby. I am still among the first members of this community. Though I do not know where the others have gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
I would much rather a Tron 3 than all this annoying Star Wars stuff. The Tron series is far better than Star Wars IMO; I've never really been impressed with the narrative or the effects in the latter but the former's Tron Legacy was impressive (haven't seen the original but would like to one day).
You have to see it just for the little clues such as:

[Show spoiler]When Sam finds the server room and you see the handheld football game on the couch. Flynn played that in the original and scored a touchdown in mere seconds. I have played that game and almost never got a touchdown.
Proud founder of the blu-bloods.
Use "blu-blood" in your signature and become an elite user.

To be blu-blooded is commitment to the blu-ray technology. We believe other forms of HD media are inferior. Our goal is educate, support and propagate blu-ray.

Creatures of Hard Media
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=43882
Old 09-19-2015, 09:59 PM   #710
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

There's a chance we'll see a new Tron by 2038. Usually there's a 28 year span between each movie.

But yeah, disappointed as I was looking forward to how they progressed the story after Legacy, which I enjoyed.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #711
Banned

Aug 2014

Quote:

You have to see it just for the little clues such as:

[Show spoiler]When Sam finds the server room and you see the handheld football game on the couch. Flynn played that in the original and scored a touchdown in mere seconds. I have played that game and almost never got a touchdown.
I definitely intend to at some point.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:39 PM   #712
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012
The coast.

Tron 3 not totally dead says Garrett Hedlund..

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/24/tron...rrett-hedlund/
Thanks given by:
L-Rouge (09-25-2015), Moviefan2k4 (09-25-2015), toddly6666 (09-25-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 05:36 AM   #713
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

In 28 years Hedlund suggests. That's a bummer. Hopefully with the predicted success of Star Wars VII and the future films and Marvel movies, Disney will have plenty of cash flow to give the green light to Tron 3 by 2020.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #714
Banned

Mar 2010
La Porte, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
In 28 years Hedlund suggests. That's a bummer. Hopefully with the predicted success of Star Wars VII and the future films and Marvel movies, Disney will have plenty of cash flow to give the green light to Tron 3 by 2020.
Here's hoping...
Old 09-25-2015, 04:32 PM   #715
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011
Belgium

I need to see this happen so bad. I loved TRON Legacy.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #716
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

The visuals of Tron Legacy were very futuristic and unique for live action cinema and one reason I really like these movies. Drawing in a larger audience would be the challenge for Tron 3.
Garrett Hedlund as Sam was a solid lead character, and Olivia Wilde as Chorra would be welcome to return. Cillian Murphy as the new villain could be cool, with his digital counterpart playing a big role also. I can't imagine the series without Jeff Bridges, so he can hopefully return in some digital form also.

One way to lower the budget would be to have the digital world invade the real world, with a good portion of the movie taking place in reality, while the other half took place in the virtual space.

Budget:
With the spending going on at Disney now, they're tightening their budget and waiting for Star Wars to surface again, so they're probably thinking conservatively about other expensive films and carefully examining how Tron performed in the past.

Legacy did really well world wide, even with the slow 44 million weekend start Tron Legacy had in the US, ending at $400,062,763 million with a $170+ million budget.

The US box office was $172,062,763, but theaters get probably half of that at least. Maybe $86 million earned for Disney in the US box office.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #717

Jan 2008
College Station, TX

I thought the studios got the vast majority of the ticket money, which is why the concessions cost so much.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #718
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey76 View Post
I thought the studios got the vast majority of the ticket money, which is why the concessions cost so much.
When the runs over in the US, they studios generally get about 60% of the domestic revenue, with most of it coming from the first month...

Internationally, they get much less, approximately 30 to 40% of the take.

fitprod
Old 09-25-2015, 08:08 PM   #719
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalekbuster523Bluray View Post
I know you're young, but the naivety in this post is baffling.
"We have Hope.
Rebellions are built on hope."
Old 08-12-2016, 03:29 PM   #720
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012
The coast.

Disney Producer Still Has Hope For Tron 3.

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/12/disn...pe-for-tron-3/
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies