Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Creed (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Star Trek: The Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Big Short (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$15.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$8.00
Daddy's Home (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Terminator: Genisys (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-04-2015, 06:33 AM   #3021

Nov 2011
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
You mean by a renowned Shakespearean actor, and two-time Academy Award nominee?

Ralph Fiennes is the unsung hero of Skyfall. While Javier Bardem gets heaps of praise for going completely over-the-top, everyone overlooks that Fiennes does everything necessary of his character, to make you hate him, then sympathize with him, then admire him, without ever doing a single thing that seems contrived.

Speaking of Shakespeare, an interesting note...Skyfall gathered three Hamlets together, not just in one film, but into a single scene. When Mallory discovers Q and Tanner are laying a trap for Silva, you've got a scene chock full of Hamlets. Fiennes portrayed Hamlet on the stage in 1995, Ben Wishaw in 2004, and Rory Kinnear in 2010.
Very nicely put, sir! And may I add that the whole Tennyson sequence gave me chills of triumph... for a variety of reasons, some very personal.
"Some day this war's gonna end."
Old 04-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #3022

Mar 2010
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
Speaking of Shakespeare, an interesting note...Skyfall gathered three Hamlets together, not just in one film, but into a single scene. When Mallory discovers Q and Tanner are laying a trap for Silva, you've got a scene chock full of Hamlets. Fiennes portrayed Hamlet on the stage in 1995, Ben Wishaw in 2004, and Rory Kinnear in 2010.
I'm pretty sure that Finney has had a whack at the role, too. Just wasn't in the scene.
"... Because I loathe bananas!" Zira
My BD collection. My reviews. My hi-fi setup. Costco deals thread.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #3023
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Scotland

Uh, yeah, I was referring to Ben Wishaw as Harry Potter's older brother.

Maybe I should've said Paddington?

And Adele is rubbish.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #3024
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
I'm pretty sure that Finney has had a whack at the role, too. Just wasn't in the scene.
The cast really is fantastic. Along with Mendes, Deakins, and Baird, they make the poor script forgivable.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:07 PM   #3025
Expert Member

Jan 2010

Anyone getting the Skyfall steel or any of the other Bond ones?
Old 10-27-2015, 05:49 PM   #3026
Special Member

Nov 2010
N. Texas

After watching Skyfall multiple times on Amazon Prime... I bought the BD at Target for $9.99. It includes Digital HD, and, up to $7.00 towards one movie admission to see Spectre.

They also had all three Craig movies in a special set.
The eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear with hearing.

http://live.slooh.com/ http://thirdrockradio.rfcmedia.com/

Last edited by Eye Candy; 10-28-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #3027
Special Member

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Candy View Post
After watching Skyfall multiple times on Amazon Prime... I bought the BD at Target for $9.99. It includes Digital HD, and, up to $7.00 towards one movie admission to see Spectre.

They also had all three Craig movies in a special set.
I picked up Skyfall today at Target with a pm to BB for $7.99. After the Red Card discount and $7 towards Spectre it's practically free.

I was very disappointed when I popped the disc in and there were no special features (even though the back lists them). It seems to be the exact same disc as the original release just with the features taken off, I don't understand why they did that. I was also hoping it would match the black discs in the Bond 50 set but no luck. I guess I'll be keeping the original release and selling this one.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #3028
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainreck View Post
I picked up Skyfall today at Target with a pm to BB for $7.99. After the Red Card discount and $7 towards Spectre it's practically free.

I was very disappointed when I popped the disc in and there were no special features (even though the back lists them). It seems to be the exact same disc as the original release just with the features taken off, I don't understand why they did that. I was also hoping it would match the black discs in the Bond 50 set but no luck. I guess I'll be keeping the original release and selling this one.
Sounds like you bought this one: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Skyfall-Blu-ray/136373/ instead of this one: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Skyfall-Blu-ray/45621/
Thanks given by:
ChromeJob (10-30-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 11:57 PM   #3029

Oct 2009
-

Quote:

You have a legitimate reason for returning that to the store for a refund. Since the disc does not contain all that is displayed in the back.

I bought the new edition of A View To A Kill which is still wrapped, and I wonder now if that is missing all the extras as well.

Last edited by sartana; 10-29-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #3030
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2008
US of A

Probably a silly question but I'll ask it anyway: any difference in the encode between the standard Blu-ray (with all the bonus features) and the movie-only Blu-ray? (Specifically, the Walmart one.) Searched the thread for an answer but didn't see one.
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
Old 01-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #3031

Nov 2009

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I thought this might be useful information.

I bought a sealed copy of the original Skyfall release http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Skyfall-Blu-ray/45621/ on eBay, and both the digital copy and UV copy worked, even though there was a sticker on the box that said "Redemption Deadline 2/12/15" for both of them.

I was pretty excited both worked, so I thought I'd pass it on.
TV: Samsung 42"
Blu-ray: Sony BDP-S360
Thanks given by:
ChromeJob (01-18-2016)
Old 02-06-2016, 07:52 AM   #3032
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Quote:

Was this true for every version of the new 2015 Skyfall release (no extras on disc), or was it luck of the draw and some people got the old disc with the special features? Which version was included with the Best Buy Steelbook for example? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:37 AM   #3033

Aug 2009

Watching this on the DVR off USA and I finally understand and desire this to be released in the IMAX aspect ratio.... unfortunately it'll never happen, it looks like.

Although how incredible would it be as a 4K demo like that?1
Total spent on Blu-Ray so far: $5.50

Blus owned: 1
Old 04-04-2016, 05:09 AM   #3034

Oct 2009
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenianmovieman View Post
Watching this on the DVR off USA and I finally understand and desire this to be released in the IMAX aspect ratio.... unfortunately it'll never happen, it looks like.

Although how incredible would it be as a 4K demo like that?1
the DP, Roger Deakins is on record for saying that he prefers the NON IMAX version of this film.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America