COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$9.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$7.98
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Old 01-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #921
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Very impressive. I would give the Miramax 6 pack transfer an 7/10 and this one is easily a 9. Once I saw first hand how much better the compression and colors were handled I felt good about that $45. Plus, it has all of the extras from the DVD.
Cool.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #922

Sep 2011

I actually just watched the 6 pack version and it did look pretty damn good so I imagine the JP disc just builds off that. Also Bale looks exactly like he did in AMERICAN PSYCHO, even the characters share some of the same traits. I may have to do a double feature pretty soon as I think the films would compliment each other.
"She's my.......cousin. She's from....France".
Old 01-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #923

May 2011
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gvn94538 View Post
Cost was $43 and change shipped. Glad to finally add it to my collection
Thanks for posting about this being discounted on Amazon.co.jp
I just picked this up for only $43.60 including shipping and currency conversion. It is scheduled to arrive in only 5 days which seems really fast. So now I will own the Japanese blu, the Miramax 6 pack, the Japanese HD-DVD and the original DVD. I really love this movie !
Old 01-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #924
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->85 SteelBooks™/MetalPaks--------->118

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodaman View Post
Thanks for posting about this being discounted on Amazon.co.jp
I just picked this up for only $43.60 including shipping and currency conversion. It is scheduled to arrive in only 5 days which seems really fast. So now I will own the Japanese blu, the Miramax 6 pack, the Japanese HD-DVD and the original DVD. I really love this movie !
I've owned the same ones and yeah it's one of my favorites as well. It's like a 21st century version of 1984 and it works so well.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #925
Power Member

Nov 2010

Just bought the Italian disc. Same transfer as the JP disc but unlike the JP disc it has 24 bit audio. Altogether it's only 30 bucks from Amazon.it so if you are region B or region free I would just get that one.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:22 AM   #926
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->85 SteelBooks™/MetalPaks--------->118

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
Just bought the Italian disc. Same transfer as the JP disc but unlike the JP disc it has 24 bit audio. Altogether it's only 30 bucks from Amazon.it so if you are region B or region free I would just get that one.
I almost bought the IT disc, but I'm glad I decided against it since my one region free SA player died a couple months ago. I am happy with my JP disc for now.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #927
Power Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
I almost bought the IT disc, but I'm glad I decided against it since my one region free SA player died a couple months ago. I am happy with my JP disc for now.
The birate is lower but I can't see any difference.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #928

Mar 2010
E-town

The Japanese release is heads and tails above the rest. Picture looks great and sound in MUCH better for sure. The Alliance release comes pretty close, better than the Echo Bridge release IMO, but still... the Japanese version takes it.

To have my own ultimate version, I took the Japanese disc and put it in the Alliance steelbook. Just a killer looking steelbook for those that have contemplated getting it.
Thanks given by:
tylerdurden10 (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #929
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500_Days_of_Night View Post
The Japanese release is heads and tails above the rest. Picture looks great and sound in MUCH better for sure. The Alliance release comes pretty close, better than the Echo Bridge release IMO, but still... the Japanese version takes it.

To have my own ultimate version, I took the Japanese disc and put it in the Alliance steelbook. Just a killer looking steelbook for those that have contemplated getting it.
Actually, the DTS-HD MA 5.1 24-bit track on the Miramax 6 pack is superior to the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 16-bit track on the JP disc. I have done direct comparisons.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #930
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500_Days_of_Night View Post

Exactly what I did, love it!
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #931
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Actually, the DTS-HD MA 5.1 24-bit track on the Miramax 6 pack is superior to the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 16-bit track on the JP disc. I have done direct comparisons.
and the video is only a LITTLE bit better in motion than the EB release in the six pack. I've A/B'd the Japanese HD DVD with it several times (which is supposedly near identical to the Japanese Blu-ray) and the difference is minimal.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #932
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
and the video is only a LITTLE bit better in motion than the EB release in the six pack. I've A/B'd the Japanese HD DVD with it several times (which is supposedly near identical to the Japanese Blu-ray) and the difference is minimal.
Very true. The main difference in the JP and 6 pack is that the contrast is boosted a little much and there are some specks of dirt.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
equilibrium, steel book