Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Old 01-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #4461
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiko7 View Post
So, after years of waiting, researching and saving money... I finally did it! I bought all 8 Ultimate Editions from the UK!! and I couldn't be any happier! I just spent over three hours just opening up everything and looking at every single detail. Here are just some pictures from the 200 that I took...

[Show spoiler]

Congrats Jaiko! Those are some of the best looking shots I've seen of the sets too (although you did go crazy taking so many pictures of them )
Old 01-20-2014, 03:03 AM   #4462

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Congrats Jaiko! Those are some of the best looking shots I've seen of the sets too (although you did go crazy taking so many pictures of them )
I agree. Great shots. If you ever decide to sell your sets on E-bay you are definitely set as far as pics are concerned.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:59 AM   #4463
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic

The UK has Year 7 Split up?
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX Live GamerTag is KaineKinetic
My DeviantArt Page
My Selling Page
Old 01-20-2014, 05:09 AM   #4464

Jun 2012
Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
They do. Just released last december.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #4465

Nov 2011
Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
thank you! and yeah, I did go a lil' bit crazy, I guess... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbsyst View Post
I agree. Great shots. If you ever decide to sell your sets on E-bay you are definitely set as far as pics are concerned.
selling them?? NEVAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
Like Kd Jb mentioned, yeah. but something interesting as well. since it is split up, the US version has 1 48-page booklet with year 7. whereas the UK version has that same book with year 7 part 2, but yet another one with year part 1 (not present in any US version).
Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #4466

Jun 2012
Singapore

Plus two extra character card i believe, one is ginny weasley not sure the other one.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #4467

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd Jb View Post
Plus two extra character card i believe, one is ginny weasley not sure the other one.
That is incorrect, if you have all 7 US sets they come with all 16 cards (the Deathly Harrows set comes with 4 cards including Ginny).

CouncilSpectre mentioned above that "the extended versions for 1&2" were "DVD-only" -- weird that they were treated different since they are included on the US Blu-rays.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #4468

Jun 2012
Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by horroru View Post
That is incorrect, if you have all 7 US sets they come with all 16 cards (the Deathly Harrows set comes with 4 cards including Ginny).

CouncilSpectre mentioned above that "the extended versions for 1&2" were "DVD-only" -- weird that they were treated different since they are included on the US Blu-rays.
Ooops just checked. Youre right. My bad.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #4469
Special Member

Dec 2011
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by horroru View Post
The documentary was DVD-only in all the sets except for the last two as well.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #4470
Special Member

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

From memory (I don't have the sets to hand), the first 2 UK UEs are 5 disc sets, but only 1 disc is BD, the rest are DVD. Movies 3-6 are then 4 disc sets, including 1 BD and 3 DVDs each. The final 2 movies are 4 discs each, containing 3 BDs and 1 DVD.
I aim to misbehave.....

Pre-orders: The 'Burbs SB, Arrow S2, Revolution S2, The Following S2, Alice in Wonderland SB, Gurren Lagann UE, Evangelion 3.33, Guilty Crown Vol 2, Shinkai Doublepack, Space Dandy
Old 01-28-2014, 01:30 AM   #4471
Special Member

Dec 2011
Cincinnati, OH

Yep. Weird that the UK sets have the documentary on a DVD and not on a Blu-Ray.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:55 PM   #4472

Jun 2012
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstxanothrxstory View Post
Yep. Weird that the UK sets have the documentary on a DVD and not on a Blu-Ray.
I agree, it is weird... However, does it really matter?... I mean, I love to watch movies in HD, but documentaries, in which many behind the scenes shots aren't even in SD, more like handy-cam material, I don't mind. In fact, because then the difference between those behind the scenes shots and the interviews, which are in HD, is a lot more obvious, I often prefer the docs on DVD over Blu-ray. Or is that just me!?...
Old 01-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #4473

Jul 2009

So are the US versions essentially the same as the UK versions? Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can gather, they have the same content, but the US versions have 3 discs instead of 5 (with the exception of the last film). Also, the UK split up the 7th movie and it contains two individual books, whereas the US version has both movies in one box, with one book. Is that correct?
Old 01-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #4474
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrobin90 View Post
So are the US versions essentially the same as the UK versions? Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can gather, they have the same content, but the US versions have 3 discs instead of 5 (with the exception of the last film). Also, the UK split up the 7th movie and it contains two individual books, whereas the US version has both movies in one box, with one book. Is that correct?
I believe the UK version of Year 1 & 2 included only the theatrical cuts on BD and everything else on 4 DVDs (DVD copies of the theatrical & extended cuts and 2 bonus discs). I believe the UK versions of Years 3-6 have an additional DVD copy of the film and the "Creating the World" bonus discs are on DVDs instead of BDs. I believe the 2 UK Year 7 releases also include a 3D BD.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #4475
Special Member

Dec 2011
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrobin90 View Post
Yep. The UK versions are all combo packs, which is why they are four discs rather than 3. The extended editions for the first two are also only on the DVD in the UK, but the Deathly Hallows UEs contain 3D editions.

The blu-rays are the exact same in both countries, except for the first one (as it was released under a different name in the US).
Old 02-21-2014, 06:29 AM   #4476
Special Member

Feb 2009

I am selling my complete set of Harry Potter Ultimate Edition's in the Trading Form if anyone is interested in them.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #4477
Special Member

Aug 2011

I just got the Harry Potter Film Wizardry book and Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey. Is there any overlap between these books and the ones in the Ultimate editions?
Old 04-08-2014, 01:41 AM   #4478

Mar 2014
Unhappy Re-release?

I have all of the U.S. releases of the Harry Potter Ultimate Editions on blu-ray except for Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban. I'd really like to complete my collection, but all the prices I've seen people asking for this last set that I need are much higher than I can afford at the moment.

Is anyone aware of plans that Warner Bros. may have to re-release the Ultimate Editions? If they get released again, I may just wait to buy the third one in the series at a reasonable price rather than the prices averaging between $150 and $250 for a new/like new copy of the movie.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #4479
Special Member

Dec 2011
Cincinnati, OH

If you're open to importing, the UK version is still in print. The only difference is the documentary is on DVD, which is Region 2. The Blu-Ray is region free, though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Potter-Priso...timate+edition
Old 04-08-2014, 04:08 AM   #4480
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Devoured View Post
I have all of the U.S. releases of the Harry Potter Ultimate Editions on blu-ray
PM sent.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America