Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Last Ship: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.27
Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI (Blu-ray)
$29.99
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
War & Peace (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Green Room (Blu-ray)
$18.32
Kung Fu Panda 3 (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Catch Me If You Can (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2015, 12:40 AM   #461
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Austin, TX
1010
185
149
99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTim View Post
Thanks. And the 2012 disc is the better picture right? No way to get the 2012 remaster without double dipping with the box set huh?
The 2012 disc is the same transfer as the 2010 UK one, which is remastered, same with LW2. I don't know how else to acquire that disc without buying the 2012 collection set. Since you received the 2012 discs for the other films, it's even more odd. If I were you, I'd take a stab at asking WB for a replacement of the first disc with the remastered one. Worst that could happen is they say no.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
WhiteTim (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015, 01:44 AM   #462
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
916
225
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTim View Post
Thanks. And the 2012 disc is the better picture right? No way to get the 2012 remaster without double dipping with the box set huh?
You could return it and hope the next one has the proper disc. Or you could email Warner and ask for a replacement, since the set SHOULD come with the remaster.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
WhiteTim (11-26-2015)
Old 01-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #463
sartana sartana is offline
Active Member
 
sartana's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
-
Default

Please forgive me if this has been asked already, but I am about to import the UK edition of this set and wanted to know if:

The Discs are identical to the US Boxset ??
The Fifth disc with all the Extras is playable in US players ??

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:29 PM   #464
steve_dave steve_dave is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Nov 2008
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartana View Post
Please forgive me if this has been asked already, but I am about to import the UK edition of this set and wanted to know if:

The Discs are identical to the US Boxset ??
The Fifth disc with all the Extras is playable in US players ??

Thanks
UK came out first, US set is the same as the UK but without UK certificates on the art along with slightly different disc art.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:45 PM   #465
sartana sartana is offline
Active Member
 
sartana's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
UK came out first, US set is the same as the UK but without UK certificates on the art along with slightly different disc art.
So other than that the discs are identical in both sets ??
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #466
steve_dave steve_dave is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Nov 2008
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartana View Post
So other than that the discs are identical in both sets ??
Yes.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
sartana (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 03:53 AM   #467
sartana sartana is offline
Active Member
 
sartana's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
-
Default

For a grand total of 19 dollars this would be as good of time as any to finally pick up this great set.

Last edited by sartana; 01-30-2016 at 02:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:14 AM   #468
rocknblues81 rocknblues81 is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2009
243
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartana View Post
For a grand total of 19 dollars this would be as good of time as any to finally pick up this great set.
Only problem is that this set does not contain the "Director's Cut" of the first Lethal Weapon film. I find it hard to buy this set with that being the case.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #469
CinemaScope CinemaScope is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jun 2011
London
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
Only problem is that this set does not contain the "Director's Cut" of the first Lethal Weapon film. I find it hard to buy this set with that being the case.
Well, as has been discussed endlessly here, the "Director's Cut" is not a director's cut, just a cut with a few scenes added by the studio, much to the directors chagrin. In the UK the set can be bought for the price of a single film, I don't know why anyone would hesitate.

Amazon=12, Zavvi=10
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dvdmike (04-03-2016), Geoff D (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 09:31 AM   #470
Fat Phil Fat Phil is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2014
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaScope View Post
Well, as has been discussed endlessly here, the "Director's Cut" is not a director's cut, just a cut with a few scenes added by the studio, much to the directors chagrin. In the UK the set can be bought for the price of a single film, I don't know why anyone would hesitate.

Amazon=12, Zavvi=10
Yes indeed. I remember reading an interview with Shane Black in Esquire magazine years and years ago where he laid into the 'Director's Cut' and basically called it a sham.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #471
grim_tales grim_tales is offline
Power Member
 
Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK
Default

I like the DC of Part 1 because the inserted scenes add something to the movie That isnt the case with Parts 2 and 3
Display: Panasonic ET61 1080p HD LED 3D (ISF Pro Cal'd)
Blu Ray: Panasonic BDT370 3D Player
Reciever: Yamaha RXV373


http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/grim_tales1

My Collection
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
navydavey (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #472
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
916
225
42
Default

Those scenes are on the disc in HD, which is all you should want.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:02 PM   #473
PRO-630HD PRO-630HD is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2009
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_tales View Post
I like the DC of Part 1 because the inserted scenes add something to the movie That isnt the case with Parts 2 and 3
They most certainly do. The director's cut of Lethal Weapon is superb. All the deleted scenes are excellent.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Guydowood (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 09:09 PM   #474
Viper187 Viper187 is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Those scenes are on the disc in HD, which is all you should want.
No, I want the option to watch them as part of the goddamn movie, which is why I still watch the DVD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:20 PM   #475
Markgway Markgway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
3
Default

Yeah, the 'DC's of LW2&3 are worthless, but LW1's has a lot to offer. I wouldn't say it was better than the TC, but rather a valuable companion piece. Wouldn't hurt to include both versions on BD -- in this one instance.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually prefer the schoolyard sniper intro to Riggs' craziness over the TC's "somebody shoot this prick" alternative (though I like that, too).
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #476
PRO-630HD PRO-630HD is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2009
1
Default

The director's cut of LW1 is superior to an already great film. All the scenes add depth and very interesting layers to the character and don't slow down the pacing a bit. I don't mind the 2 intros to Rigg's character.

Maybe with the new LW series we might see something. New 4k scans of these films would be nice vs. 2k scans of the IP.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:49 PM   #477
CinemaScope CinemaScope is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jun 2011
London
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
The director's cut of LW1 is superior to an already great film. All the scenes add depth and very interesting layers to the character and don't slow down the pacing a bit. I don't mind the 2 intros to Rigg's character.

Maybe with the new LW series we might see something. New 4k scans of these films would be nice vs. 2k scans of the IP.
As has been said many times here, the Blu we have IS the directors cut, in fact the director refused to have anything to do with the release unless it was that cut (& the directors commentary is really good). And the Blu's look great, I just can't see Warner spending a fortune scanning the original negatives in 4K when they already have a great release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #478
rocknblues81 rocknblues81 is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2009
243
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_tales View Post
I like the DC of Part 1 because the inserted scenes add something to the movie That isnt the case with Parts 2 and 3

I love that scene. It's one of my favorite scenes in the movie. It just sets the tone for how crazy Riggs is. I don't really care what Donner or Black think about it.

I also like the prostitution scene. Some people think it makes Riggs look creepy, but I think it just shows that he is lonely and he gets a hooker off the street. Even for a small time. It just makes sense that he would do something sort of like this after being over at Murtaugh's close family.

It's kind of funny that Donner might be offended by this scene when the biggest issue with the film is how poorly the fight scene and the chase scene near the end of the film are handled.

Last edited by rocknblues81; 04-03-2016 at 11:07 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:10 PM   #479
rocknblues81 rocknblues81 is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2009
243
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaScope View Post
Well, as has been discussed endlessly here, the "Director's Cut" is not a director's cut, just a cut with a few scenes added by the studio, much to the directors chagrin. In the UK the set can be bought for the price of a single film, I don't know why anyone would hesitate.

Amazon=12, Zavvi=10
Because it is an incomplete film for me. Yes, I like the sequels... I used to consider the 2nd one to be the best in the series (probably because I saw it first and at the theater when I was little) but not anymore. The sequels are good, but it's hard to buy the series when the best movie is an incomplete one to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:42 AM   #480
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
916
225
42
Default

The director's decisions matter more than Joe Blow Internet Guy's decisions. You should want to watch the film as he wants to present it. He actively does NOT want you watching it with those scenes integrated into the film.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (04-04-2016)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:57 PM.