Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Prom Night (Blu-ray)
$17.30
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #1

Jul 2011
Cackalack Country
Default She's So Lovely (1997) May 7th, 2013 Pre-order

She's So Lovely Blu-ray

I am a huge fan of this film and was pretty surprised when I got an e-mail saying it had a blu-ray release date. When I look through my modest movie collection at the titles on DVD that I think one will finally get the blu-ray call, this was one I considered least likely. I really hope Echo Bay does a decent job with it. If they can at least carry over the extras from the DVD I will be happy on that front. Echo Bridge got the rights to this film on DVD back in 2011 and released it in 1:33?! Im thinking theyre probably gonna work from the same master they were given for the DVD for the Blu, which, if it was created in '11, it might not be that bad?.

Anyhow, the entire cast is at the top of their game here, though Im not much of a Travolta fan he at least held his own. And how can you go wrong with a Cassavettes script. This film have any other fans out there?

Last edited by DrexlerMcStyles; 01-24-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Expert Member

Mar 2012
Buffalo, NY

When it comes to expectation levels with anything Echo Bridge touches, I wouldn't hold my breath, they are notorious for releasing films with horrible transfers and/or multiple releases (of the same title) with multiple aspect ratios. Why this company is allowed to do business in such a manner is beyond me, granted if it was not for Echo Bridge the titles they release would not be available on Blu-Ray, but is releasing crap better then not having a title at all?

You decide...
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #3

Jul 2011
Cackalack Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades1370 View Post
When it comes to expectation levels with anything Echo Bridge touches, I wouldn't hold my breath, they are notorious for releasing films with horrible transfers and/or multiple releases (of the same title) with multiple aspect ratios. Why this company is allowed to do business in such a manner is beyond me, granted if it was not for Echo Bridge the titles they release would not be available on Blu-Ray, but is releasing crap better then not having a title at all?

You decide...
Why does Miramax use them if they do such a poor job?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:12 AM   #4
Expert Member

Mar 2012
Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexlerMcStyles View Post
Why does Miramax use them if they do such a poor job?

As far as the actual transfers go, I am not 100% sure if masters they use are what they are given, or Echo Bridge does the transfers themselves. But multiple releases of the film in multiple aspect ratios, is all Echo Bridge...

Why film companies keep given them work is the more important question, I guess they must make decent money off Echo Bridge.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

From what I understood, Filmyard Holdings (strickly a holding company) which purchased Miramax was made up of three investment firms which had no prior experience in the movie business. Their experience was founded in construction, real estate, and the oil and natural gas markets. Thus it would appear this was purely an investment and a cash grab. I'm guessing they simply licensed out their library to the highest bidders.

Lionsgate got the lions share of the titles and the remaining titles were put up for bid and EBHE just so happened to be the winner bidder. It doesn't appear that the new owners of Miramax care much more about their library than does EBHE.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 AM   #6

Jul 2011
Cackalack Country

HAH! I wrote to EB about this release to ask about the aspect ratio and they actually wrote me back. Here is the info they gave me;

"She’s So Lovely
ASPECT RATIO: 1080P 16X9 2.35
5.1 DTS ENGLISH
2.0 DOLBY DIGITAL ENGLISH STEREO
FEATURES: John Cassavetes: A Discussion
A Conversation with Nick Cassavetes"

So it looks like they ARE gonna release it in scope and even in 5.1?! The only thing not being carried over from the DVD is 'An Actor's Look at Cassavetes". I can live with that.

Last edited by DrexlerMcStyles; 01-28-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #7

Jul 2011
Cackalack Country

My copy arrived yesterday, a few days ahead of the release date and I got to watch it this afternoon. I already posted a review for it so I'll keep it short; MASSIVE upgrade over the rather pathetic DVD. If youre a fan spend the six bucks and pick this up.

Last edited by DrexlerMcStyles; 03-10-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America