Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Kite (Blu-ray)
$17.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Arthur Newman (Blu-ray)
$9.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-15-2014, 02:56 AM   #221

Apr 2009

I am pretty excited for this double feature coming out:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Lara-C...lu-ray/101204/

But I am curious, will they be 2 individual discs that are the same as the standalone releases, or will they put them on 1 disc? I just want to make sure I still get all the features from The Cradle Of Life. Any idea on this one?
Old 05-15-2014, 03:21 AM   #222
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rljnunez View Post
I am pretty excited for this double feature coming out:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Lara-C...lu-ray/101204/

But I am curious, will they be 2 individual discs that are the same as the standalone releases, or will they put them on 1 disc? I just want to make sure I still get all the features from The Cradle Of Life. Any idea on this one?
Its Warner, they are not going to spend more money on movies they don't own to do a new Blu-ray. 99.9% sure, its the two discs that are already out in a single case.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:26 AM   #223

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Its Warner, they are not going to spend more money on movies they don't own to do a new Blu-ray. 99.9% sure, its the two discs that are already out in a single case.
Ok, that's awesome.. Just what I was hoping to hear!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #224

Jan 2013
Miami/Brooklyn
Thumbs up

Been waiting for this set for awhile now. The 2nd movie is not my fav but its still better than a lot of sequels. Dont know why I havent already picked these up but I guess im kind of glad I didnt now lol
I support the right to arm bears.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #225
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

has anyone compared the Cradle of Life release from Warner to the German release double pack? curious to see which one has the best PQ/AQ out of the two (I know the german release is the best release for the first one)
Old 05-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #226
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
has anyone compared the Cradle of Life release from Warner to the German release double pack? curious to see which one has the best PQ/AQ out of the two (I know the German release is the best release for the first one)
The German release is NOT the best release of the first one (see my earlier post for why). I didn't directly A/B the second but I watched the new US release just the other day and saw noting wrong. I decided to keep the UK version of the first one and the US of the second one and list my US first one & the German double pack on eBay - although, with all the construction, I haven't had the time to do so yet.
Epictetus : "A man should ... be prepared to be sufficient unto himself ..."
Memphis : But far more fortunate are those who are lucky enough to be loved.

Remember, folks : it's only 30 days until Black Friday!!!

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #227
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
The German release is NOT the best release of the first one (see my earlier post for why). I didn't directly A/B the second but I watched the new US release just the other day and saw noting wrong. I decided to keep the UK version of the first one and the US of the second one and list my US first one & the German double pack on eBay - although, with all the construction, I haven't had the time to do so yet.
ehhh, I prefer the better audio of the DE than the U.K. version...

I was just double checking on the 2nd film since it's so cheap in the walmart bin. didn't know if it was worth replacing the 2nd film in my DE double pack
Old 05-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #228

Jun 2012

You can compare them on Caps-a-holic - http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergl...D=1355#auswahl

The transfers for both movies are the same the world over, it just matters how they're encoded. The German discs are BD-25s using VC1. The UK disc for the first movie is a BD-50 using AVC (I know the audio is DTS only but it's high bitrate DTS at 24bit, the German release is 16bit) and it includes all the extras. The US disc for the second movie is also a BD-50 with AVC, other releases use this too but for some reason the US release is the only one to include all the extras so it's the one to get.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #229
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:

I was just double checking on the 2nd film since it's so cheap in the walmart bin. didn't know if it was worth replacing the 2nd film in my DE double pack
I don't know of any difference in the audio [EXCEPT : the German disc is much louder & the UK sound is criminally low, as I mentioned before]. But the "black crush" is equally horrific on the German release and, therefore, the picture is way better on the UK release. I just have to turn it way up. Is there something I'm missing besides the volume? In any case, it's your show & ya gotta go with whatever makes ya happy.
Epictetus : "A man should ... be prepared to be sufficient unto himself ..."
Memphis : But far more fortunate are those who are lucky enough to be loved.

Remember, folks : it's only 30 days until Black Friday!!!

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #230
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:

You have to remember the German pack replaced the original location cues in English with German language ones. Also, the extras on the German release are PAL format so unless youy BD player can handle PAL, you won't ever be able to enjoy them.

I don't watch these enough to jusitfy buying the US Cradle of Life as a replacement for my German disc... but if you love the films enough, go for it. You can probably sell the German disc for CoL at about the same price as the US disc.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #231
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
You have to remember the German pack replaced the original location cues in English with German language ones. Also, the extras on the German release are PAL format so unless youy BD player can handle PAL, you won't ever be able to enjoy them.

I don't watch these enough to jusitfy buying the US Cradle of Life as a replacement for my German disc... but if you love the films enough, go for it. You can probably sell the German disc for CoL at about the same price as the US disc.
gotch, forgot about those cues... it's not a WILD deal, was just curious if the u.s. PQ edged out the german release...I hadn't seen a direct comparison
Old 07-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #232

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I don't know of any difference in the audio [EXCEPT : the German disc is much louder & the UK sound is criminally low, as I mentioned before]. But the "black crush" is equally horrific on the German release and, therefore, the picture is way better on the UK release. I just have to turn it way up. Is there something I'm missing besides the volume? In any case, it's your show & ya gotta go with whatever makes ya happy.
The German Disc of the 1st movie is in DTS-HD MA. It was a huge difference over the Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack on the US one. If I remember correctly the UK had a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack also.

I haven't seen the UK disc but when I compared the German Disc to the US Disc it looked pretty much the same as far as picture quality goes on my professionally calibrated Pioneer Kuro.

So the new double pack still has a lossy soundtrack? Why Warner?????
Pioneer Elite 60" Kuro Plasma
Pioneer Elite SC-37 Receiver
PS3 80G , Sony BDP-CX960 400 Disc Blu-ray Changer, Sony BDP-S570 & Oppo BDP-93

319 Blu-ray Titles Owned
Old 07-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #233
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
So the new double pack still has a lossy soundtrack? Why Warner?????
Because Warner is simply repressing the same Lara Croft: Tomb Raider disc Paramount made. Warner has no control over the elements used, they use what Paramount provides them. Warner only handles distribution for all titles and mastering for new to Blu-ray titles. Warner is not going to spend money if Paramount already did all the work.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America