COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.27
Fed Up (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Americano (Blu-ray)
$10.98
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Lost Boys (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$48.78
Megamind 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.70
CSNY 1974 (Blu-ray)
$39.23

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 09-04-2014, 06:20 PM   #821
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009
Netherlands SteelBooks™: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
No problem.
That was the one, thanks alot!
Andy.

A world of pounding beats, pure melodies, and euphoria. A State of Trance.

tonight is forever.

PSN; deeii91
Old 09-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #822

Oct 2010
Germany

What I am looking for is a Hollywood movie from the 60s (maybe even late 50s). Its a historical movie. Setting is the anglo-spanish war or at least the time period around it. I remember ships or naval conflict (sea blockade?) playing a role as well as spanish royalty. Story wise I dont remember much unfortunately. I recollect some sort of ambush during the night and a romantic plotline. I know not much. I already looked into movies set during this time, but I couldnt find the one I am looking for. There can't be that many can there?
Frankly, my dear...
Old 09-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #823
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by *RedStar* View Post
I've only seen a quick clip...it may not even be a film but a TV show. In the clip, there's a group of kids watching some guy tearing up the Dance Dance game in an arcade. The dude has some sweet moves but each time I've seen that quick clip at our local cinema I die laughing. What is the movie/show/actor? I couldn't recognize anyone of the kids/dancer. Thanks!

Should add they are teenagers/grown men to be honest. Not kids/children type.
It's possible this is the hilarious 2007 film Kickin' it Old-Skool. It's about a kid in the '80's who tries to break dance in a competition; he accidentally hits his head, and is in a coma for 20 years. He wakes up in the 200x's, and has to re-learn break dancing so he can re-enter a competition and reedeem himself. Very funny film, and especially nostalgic to those of us who grew up in the '80's...
Old 09-14-2014, 03:47 AM   #824

Dec 2012

the fly moveie always freaked me out, havent watched them since they came out
Old 09-14-2014, 05:28 AM   #825
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Greendale, CO
Default Thought I Knew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
There was a bunch of college kids/friends where they play a prank on one of them making her think that she killed one of the other girls and taking the body (she is alive) to dump it somewhere. At the place where they are going to dump the body the girl being pranked takes a big stone and bashes on the head of the girl pretending to be dead and so killing her for real. Then each member of the group starts getting killed.
This sounds familiar but dude, I just looked through my entire Netflix history - almost 10 years - and nothing struck a bell. So now I want to know, too!
Last bought: Community: Fifth Season DVD (gasp!)
Biggest wants: Shaun of the Dead SteelBook (UK), Knight and Day SteelBook (Japan)
Biggest wishes: Breakdown, The Hitcher (1986)
Old 09-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #826
Special Member

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Idol View Post
This sounds familiar but dude, I just looked through my entire Netflix history - almost 10 years - and nothing struck a bell. So now I want to know, too!
It sounds a lot like Sorority Row, suggested by kpkelley, although it is a guy being pranked. The death scene is at 1 min in the trailer:
Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #827
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Yes, I believe it's Sorority Row as well; good horror flick, and Carrie Fisher has a cameo as the den mother of the Sorority - which I found unintentionally hilarious
Old 09-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #828

Sep 2010
Royal Wootton Bassett, UK

I have posted this query elsewhere in vain but I hope that someone can help.

I saw an "Arabian Nights" type costume drama as a kid in the early 60s. The film was in colour and almost certainly one of the many Euro (probably Italian) films made for the Anglo-American market at the time. The only two scenes that I recall are that early in the film, the future hero - now still a kid of about 10 - is in danger of being killed, probably because he is a prince and an heir. He escapes hidden in a basket and as he is taken out, the enemy soldiers check each basket by poking swords through them. They do the same for the one the boy is hidden but nothing appears to happen; but we see as the basket is carried away that blood is seeping though the mesh. And when they reach safety and the basket is opened, we see that the boy is injured badly in his arm and faints.

In the other scene later in the film, the same boy is now a strong young man. He returns to the palace as a commoner and enters a wresting tournament. In it he challenges and beats the local champion. I recall that in this wresting scene, both men were wearing knee-length pants, the local champ in red and the hero in black.

That is all I recall. The hero was not a big guy like Steve Reeves but more medium built.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies