Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
X-Men Collection (Blu-ray)
$60.58
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.00
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 05-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #21

Feb 2010

I "definatley" have no intensions on going 3-D either. I get migraines already and are on medication everyday for them. Although, I will suck it up to see Piranha 3-D in the theater. If they offer 2D, I will go that route. I recieved another firmware update this morning on my BD590.....
Panasonic TC-P50ST50 plasma/Panasonic BDT-310 blu-ray player/Pioneer DV-410V (Multi-Region) DVD player/DirecTV Geni/Anthem MRX-500/Panamax M5100-PM Power conditioner/Paradigm Monitor 7 v.6's fronts, CC-190 v.6 center, ADP-190's v.6 rear /Paradigm Monitor Sub-10/URC MX-980/URC MRF-350 base station
Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #22

Mar 2009

The LG 590 is a fine player. The primary issue with it is that it does not enable a source direct mode. So if you happen to have a video processor in your system, you do not want you blu-ray player to do the upscaling. The Oppo has a source direct mode, the LG does not. In addition, the advantages of the Oppo are that it has an excellent scaler for DVD and it plays DVD-A and SACD discs. The disadvantage of the Oppo is that it does not handle on line streaming. So if your primary interest is very good blu-ray image quality plus streaming (Netflix, Vudo, etc.), LG is a very good choice. On the other hand, if you want to max out image and sound quality on all disc sources, you want a source direct mode and you want analog outputs, the Oppo is your choice. ..
Old 05-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #23

May 2010
Wink LG BD590 and iMac with Time Capsule

I bought an iMac after 13 years of Dell XPS desktops. Tired of the computers getting progressively s-l-o-w-e-r and all sorts of OS bugs...finally switched.
Now I am in the market for a wi-fi BD player that plays divx and xvid, which I understand that the 590 does both.
My question is: has anyone had success with connecting a 590 to their Time Capsule and streaming video from it? My iMac has the newest OS X Leopard.
Thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #24

Jul 2010
Default Hdd

Hi there!
Is it possible to record HD shows and movies from cable TV into the HDD? And, if yes, wiht the same quality?
Thanks!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:03 AM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

has no one experienced 'skipping' problems on certain blurays??

so far I've noticed onlytwo so far, 'Close Encounters' and 'A Bug's Life'. The remedy for this was switching the 1080p Digital output from 24 to 60hz - that's just outright bizarre to fix the problem as such- why this is happening in the first place - technically it shouldn't.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #26

Sep 2010

My 1st BD590 skipped (more like short bursts of uncommanded fast fwd) during The 300 bluray with audio out of sync during these times. It also blacked out intermitently during the movie and youtube streaming (have not tried any other Netcast feature yet).

I exchanged it for another one and hove not yet seen the skipping. However, the intermittent blackouts continue (each lasting about one second).

Went on live chat with LG and they suggested switching from 60hz to 24hz. Wierd since the previous post did exactly the opposite. I have yet to see if that works.

In any case, it should work in either mode, right? Why buy something if some features are unusable.

Thinking it was an HDMI cable issue I switched my Dynex cable to one from Monoprice.com. Evidently it's not the cable.

Anyone else having the same problems?
Old 10-29-2010, 05:50 AM   #27

Oct 2010
Cool LG BD590 and .vob files

Hi, guys n gals, Newbie to forum. I'm clueless as to if I'm even in the right place. I have a fairly extensive network at home using Netgear WNDR3700, multiple BD390 (Love them!) and a HP Mediasmart server. Just bought a BD 590, but although everything else works great (won't go into why I bought it), it wont play .vob files from my server. All other extensions, .mkv, .264 work fine, but error shows up stating unsupported format. I've updated the BD590 firmware and it's hard wired. Same movies stream fine in my 390s (some wireless some not, all work). Never used Nero (never needed it). What am I missing? Thanks. Please redirect if I'm posting in wrong place or breaking any rules. Great forum! BTW, no Netflix streaming issues at all on any of these,I wonder if there's an intermittment lag issue internally that is negated since I have 20Mbps with Charter or just reall lucky. Thanks again.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #28

Oct 2010
Default By the Way

I should mention, it does play .avi from the server just fine.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #29

Nov 2010
Florida
Default Lg bd-390

In case anyone cares, I will never purchase another LG product again. I did massive research before purchasing my BR player. I needed analog outs due to not having HDMI on my decoder (Outlaw 950) Whatever player I invested in would be doing dual duty of Music and Blue Ray’s.

Here is why I’m unhappy with the LG BD-390. First, the decoder in the LG works great in bypass with my 950 decoder, but the audio set up is so limited. It doesn’t even allow you to program how many feet each speaker is from the listening position. That’s a big deal for me. Second, it jams from time to time when I switch CDs in or out followed by a DVD or Blue Ray. The LG sort of gets stuck ending the signal still in stereo after removing a cd or stuck trying to send Dolby when it’s a stereo recording. It’s a real hassle to make it “unstuck” sometimes even unplugged for days and it’s still stuck. I have to remove any disk, go to turn off the LG go to the Outlaw decoder and change it from bypass to PCM and then turn on the LG and then change the Outlaw back to bypass. Then load a disk to make it “unstuck” Last but not least I am furious that LG suggested that Pandora was very likely going to be a firmware update later, so I hung up their tech line and purchased the LG BD 390..weeks later they announced the new LG coming out replacing the 390…oh and it has Pandora….they never offered it and wont due to greed for their current customer base with the 390’s. Instead of rushing out to get the same player I already have with a new plastic shell and Pandora… I just won’t ever buy their product again.

I may sound harsh, but I hesitated purchasing the LG until their tech department said it was likely going to be a update later. Shoulda, woulda, coulda…my loss.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #30

Jul 2010

I think the BD570 offers more value for about half the price. It will do just about everything the LG 590 does.

Run the two head to head to see if there is any difference. The big difference in my not so humble opinion is the the $200 price difference. If you spend that much, then jump up to the Oppo BDP-83.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #31

Nov 2010

regarding bd570 Does Netflix need to be qeued from website 1st? or search can be done via players? pls tell me more about it's netflix capabilities
Old 07-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #32

Jul 2011

For those of you who have had issues with streaming problems on the BD590, such as audio and/or video drop outs, it is important--absolutely necessary--to ensure that you are using High Speed HDMI cables. Regular HDMI cables may not be able to provide your receiver with an adequate signal. We had numerous problems with this, trying hard resets, update rollbacks, etc of the player, only to find that two out the three HDMI cables we had in our system were regular HDMI and not High Speed. Replacing them with HS HDMI solved the problem! One of the regular HDMI cables was the one connecting the player to the receiver.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #33

Sep 2011
Default Help with streaming

I have had my BD590 for a while now and can't seem to figure out the streaming with Netflix or Vudu.

I can view videos on youtube so the networking and online part of it is ok. The only online choices I have are YouTube, Picassa and Weather, no other choices show up, can't scroll left, right or up or down to get more choices.

Checked and the firmware is up to date.

Is there some other software I have to load onto the box?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #34

Nov 2011

I've had the LG 590 for a little over a year. Paid around $200. It now will not play the newest blu rays, including Scar Face and X-Men First Class. It plays older BR's and DVD's just fine. I was so frustrated last night trying to get it to work, downloaded latest firmware and everything. I'm ready to chuck the unit out the window.

I purchased a PS3 as part of black Friday and hopefully that is the last time I will have to encounter this BS.

Shame on LG for selling a product that isn't fully supported or current. I will not buy another LG product ever again because of this.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #35

Nov 2012

I've had the BD590 for two years now, with no issues, and mine plays the newest Bluray movies with no problem. Of course, with my son being 6, most of the Bluray movies we buy now are animated films, and maybe the encoding is different. I don't know. The new Disney movie Brave plays perfectly.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #36

Oct 2012
Hollywood, CA
USA

Mine, two years old about 2 months ago, has started rejecting Blu Ray discs. Plays DVD fine. It's a lemon and LG refuses any responsibility.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #37

Jul 2014
Northwest NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp71 View Post
Your welcome.....I am assuming so does the BD 570, seeing the remotes are the exact same....The 570 is an excellent player also.
Hello all! My 1st post here.

I've also had the BD570 for a few years now, but I have recently begun experiencing the "doesn't recognize Blu-Ray disc" problem. It recognizes DVDs without any difficulty. Cleaning the heads with a BD cleaner disc used to help, but no longer does now since it won't even recognize that disc. Sometimes, if I reposition the disc (rotate right or left 90˚) it may help, but not lately.

If someone could kindly point me to the FAQ or any existing threads I could read on this subject, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks, and I look forward to contributing to the discussions.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders