Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 9 4.92%
Two Stars 16 8.74%
Three Stars 48 26.23%
Four Stars 78 42.62%
Five Stars 32 17.49%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #2741
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR

Great remake. Much better than the original. One of the best horror remakes ever! Loved it from start to finish! Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
Old 10-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #2742
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Great remake. Much better than the original. One of the best horror remakes ever! Loved it from start to finish! Got Em!!
Old 10-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #2743
Special Member

Feb 2008
Southern NJ

I liked this movie...I gave it 4 stars. It is byfar the BLOODIEST movie I think I have ever seen!!!
My Gear:
Sony VPL-VW95ES 3D Projector 1080P
Elite Lunette 115" 2.35.1 Curved screen
Denon 3313CI Reciever
Klipsch RB-61 II Home Theater 7.1 System
Sony BDPS590 3D Blu-ray player
Sony PS4 500GB
Harmony 1000 Touch Screen Remote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #2744
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

Quote:
Currently: Playing:Wolfenstein The New Order/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition/Metro Redux/Destiny/The Evil Within
Old 10-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #2745
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
Nice gray box. Got Em!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukraj View Post
Got Em!!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #2746
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Quote:
Nice gray box. Got Em!!
Don't know what happened to my .gif but it was Tiffany from Bride of Chucky crying in the bathtub haha.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #2747
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
Don't know what happened to my .gif but it was Tiffany from Bride of Chucky crying in the bathtub haha.
Well it wasnt as effective as the visual so fail lol. Got Em!!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #2748
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

What's everybody's favorite scene/least favorite scene?

Favorite: Mia vs. Abomination

Least Favorite: Prologue
Old 10-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #2749
Expert Member

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

I've only watched it once on blu release day so, forgive me forgetting the dudes name but my favourite scene was when the nerdy guy with the glasses gets into the fight in the bathroom with one of the girls......brutal

Least favourite was the demon fight at the end.....Im a big of slashers so I never really dig demons and possession as a first choice.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #2750
Banned

Jul 2013

^^^ yeah that scene was brutal, probably the most suspenseful scene in the movie when his GF stops in her tracks and starts to get possessed.

Last edited by noddinoff; 10-02-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #2751
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far, but I do agree that it's one of the better horror remakes/reboots in quite some time. I'll pop in my Blu-ray closer to Halloween I think.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #2752
Man in the Box

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
I finally saw Evil Dead. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. I doubt I'll even remember it as time goes by. Perhaps my mistake was watching The Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 before watching the remake because it became painfully obvious that Evil Dead has no identity. The best elements were all callbacks to the first two and that sucks because to hear Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell, and Fede Álvarez talk about the remake, they swear it's different than the original.

First off, there is indeed an Ash character in Evil Dead. It's David. He's a total *****, you'd expect him to be victim #2, and he even has to man up for the climax of the movie. That's exactly how Ash was in The Evil Dead. He even wears the same exact wardrobe as Bruce Campbell (with some minor embellishments). The only change is that
[Show spoiler]David dies at the end of Evil Dead. Although, maybe that's not a difference either since technically Ash died at the end of The Evil Dead (until Evil Dead 2 retconned almost everything that happened in the first movie).

There's no tension or scares in this movie. And there was no real build up towards the book. Which is weird because in the original movie you have two supernatural occurrences in the first 9 minutes yet it feels earned. In the remake it felt more like "okay, we're gonna have this guy obsess over the book now so we can get this movie started".

On the subject of lack of buildup in Evil Dead, I get why they needed a cold open. Studios seem to demand it instead of having the eeriness and scares develop naturally. I suppose it's fear the audience will grow bored if there isn't gore in the opening minutes. However, the cold open just doesn't work. At first it looked like it might.
[Show spoiler]It was obvious the girl was possessed given brief glimpses of her eyes as she wandered the woods. However, her fear of her pursuers was nonsensical. That sequence needed a trim to be effective. Cut out the nonsense of her cowering and just have her suddenly attacked. Also cut down the attack to simply having the bag pulled over her head. Because here fake cowering when already tied to be burned made perfect sense. Her cowering in the woods did not.

But the other problem is that nothing is made of what ever happened to those rednecks, the father, or that old lady that told them what had to be done. It all felt misplaced.

It would have been best to remove the entire cold open.

I won't complain much about the characters in Evil Dead since the characters in The Evil Dead were just as thinly developed.

The finale is awkward at best. As an avid fan of the series I recognized it as a combined nod to Henrietta and possessed Linda from Evil Dead 2, as well as the She-***** from Army Of Darkness but it felt out of place since it was somehow both over-the-top and anti-climactic.

Bad acting and low rent effects notwithstanding, The Evil Dead is very creative and still quite disturbing. Evil Dead was just gory. Heck, even the post credits scene of Evil Dead demonstrated a distinct lack of imagination.

Overall, it was meh.
Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I gave it 3 skulls. It just wasn't all that great and the progression was just predictable. Good review!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #2753
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

The deleted chainsaw scene. I think I know where it was supposed to be in the movie. It's supposed to be part of the montage that follows after the scene with David and Eric outside, where David tells him that he is going to do what he has to do. Which is burn down the house, to cleanse Mia's soul. Now, remember a few scenes ago, Eric and David discussed the 3 ways of cleansing the souls. Alive burial, bodily dismemberment and purification by fire. Also remember that Natalie only lost both arms and Olivia only got her head smashed in. So in order to really kill them and cleanse their souls, David has to dismember their bodies. So he carves them up with a chainsaw. That is my theory. Any thoughts?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies