Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2014, 12:22 AM   #1141
nashcameronn nashcameronn is offline
Senior Member
 
nashcameronn's Avatar
 
May 2013
VA
857
227
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava_Lander View Post
Look one post up
I actually was. Those look nice. Pretty good prices too.
St. Louis Rams and VT Hokies fan
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #1142
Lava_Lander Lava_Lander is online now
Senior Member
 
Lava_Lander's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
USA
337
11
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashcameronn View Post
I actually was. Those look nice. Pretty good prices too.
Yep, I just ordered a bunch more to have on hand. They hold MetalPaks too, and 12/14mm Viva cases with slipcovers -- but only if you're very careful with the slips.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Crystal Clear HD (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #1143
wjasoncul wjasoncul is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
wjasoncul's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
MS, USA
2934
97
1
43
Default

I agree with these sentiments. The PS3 protectors are a great product
To whom may I forward your message?....
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #1144
quickdraw quickdraw is offline
Expert Member
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Northern California
365
5
Default

I can vouch for the Video Game Protector boxes. They're top notch, plus I like the fact that the SBs are totally enclosed. They handle most steelbooks with j-cards without a hitch as well.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Crystal Clear HD (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #1145
Spearmint701 Spearmint701 is offline
Senior Member
 
Spearmint701's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
261
76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute Farms View Post
I placed another order for 25 steelshells from blu-steel. I got an order confirmation email and an Order "Despatched" email when they shipped. The Tracking was pretty useless since it was an international order, but the steelshells arrived less than two weeks after I placed the order!

This is the third order I've placed with Blu-steel, and all of them have gone very well.
Good to hear! Just placed another order myself, this will be my 3rd from them. 1st one was a bit slow, but the 2nd one was lightning quick.

These are the best product i've seen for protecting steels. I actually like the one side open, it works.
Recent Purchases:


The Addams Family
Broadchurch
Captain America: The Winter Soldier steel
Transformers: Age of Extinction steel
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #1146
Crystal Clear HD Crystal Clear HD is online now
Senior Member
 
Crystal Clear HD's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Southern California, United States of America
530
63
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
I agree with these sentiments. The PS3 protectors are a great product
for all who got their sleeves from videogameboxprotectors, are did you order the blu-ray sleeve or the ps3? how do they differ (assuming they are different). the blu-ray sleeve has a description that says to be careful when handling, due to the close fit. however, the ps3 sleeve does not have a description. just double checking which one has the best fit before I purchase.

thanks in advance!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #1147
Lava_Lander Lava_Lander is online now
Senior Member
 
Lava_Lander's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
USA
337
11
18
Default

Not sure if there IS any difference, but I chose the Blu-ray ones when I ordered.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Crystal Clear HD (10-15-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #1148
wjasoncul wjasoncul is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
wjasoncul's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
MS, USA
2934
97
1
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear HD View Post
for all who got their sleeves from videogameboxprotectors, are did you order the blu-ray sleeve or the ps3? how do they differ (assuming they are different). the blu-ray sleeve has a description that says to be careful when handling, due to the close fit. however, the ps3 sleeve does not have a description. just double checking which one has the best fit before I purchase.

thanks in advance!
The ones I bought were under Playstation > PS3/PS4. They didn't have a product called SteelBook Protective boxes back when I placed my order. The one I bought was the 25 piece PS3 / PS4 box. Don't have a clue what the difference is between them
To whom may I forward your message?....
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Crystal Clear HD (10-15-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #1149
quickdraw quickdraw is offline
Expert Member
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Northern California
365
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
The ones I bought were under Playstation > PS3/PS4. They didn't have a product called SteelBook Protective boxes back when I placed my order. The one I bought was the 25 piece PS3 / PS4 box. Don't have a clue what the difference is between them
Same here. I wonder if he created a new catagory, just because he was being driven crazy by customers asking him whether the PS3/PS4 shells would fit a steelbook
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #1150
bantha11 bantha11 is online now
Member
 
Feb 2014
485
60
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
The ones I bought were under Playstation > PS3/PS4. They didn't have a product called SteelBook Protective boxes back when I placed my order. The one I bought was the 25 piece PS3 / PS4 box. Don't have a clue what the difference is between them
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Same here. I wonder if he created a new catagory, just because he was being driven crazy by customers asking him whether the PS3/PS4 shells would fit a steelbook
There is no difference between them. I also ordered them before he added the additional category, but think he did so to get more business and to let people know that they work with steelbooks as well.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
wjasoncul (10-16-2014)
Old 10-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #1151
TheGeneral TheGeneral is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
-
-
59
Default

After seeing them on here, I ordered the video game protectors boxes.

I just started putting some of mine in them and none seem "flat" or straight...do they just iron out over time or something?
Wants:
-Mickey's XMas Carol -- DMR/DMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--Mr Peabody & Sherman iTunes

or --> iTunes HD movies!

PM TRADE LISTS if applicable!

WTB: FROZEN 3D Steelbook (any variation for Reg.A) - PM asking price!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #1152
Lava_Lander Lava_Lander is online now
Senior Member
 
Lava_Lander's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
USA
337
11
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
After seeing them on here, I ordered the video game protectors boxes.

I just started putting some of mine in them and none seem "flat" or straight...do they just iron out over time or something?
You have to flex the joints first to square the corners before 'assembling' each box. All of mine are fine after that's done.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #1153
TheGeneral TheGeneral is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
-
-
59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava_Lander View Post
You have to flex the joints first to square the corners before 'assembling' each box. All of mine are fine after that's done.
Yeah did that; they're shaky after that, and then once a steel is in it kind of wobbles still
Wants:
-Mickey's XMas Carol -- DMR/DMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--Mr Peabody & Sherman iTunes

or --> iTunes HD movies!

PM TRADE LISTS if applicable!

WTB: FROZEN 3D Steelbook (any variation for Reg.A) - PM asking price!
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #1154
kanamint kanamint is offline
Junior Member
 
Feb 2011
Default

Does anyone know if the Videogame Box Protectors G2 clear protective cases have any open sides on them, or is the steelbook enclosed fully inside?

They certainly look like the best protectors to get
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #1155
Lava_Lander Lava_Lander is online now
Senior Member
 
Lava_Lander's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
USA
337
11
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanamint View Post
Does anyone know if the Videogame Box Protectors G2 clear protective cases have any open sides on them, or is the steelbook enclosed fully inside?

They certainly look like the best protectors to get
They're fully-enclosed.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:24 AM   #1156
kanamint kanamint is offline
Junior Member
 
Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava_Lander View Post
They're fully-enclosed.
So are the Videogame ones the best on the market to get?

Cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #1157
TheGeneral TheGeneral is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
-
-
59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanamint View Post
So are the Videogame ones the best on the market to get?

Cheers
that might be debatable.
I just got my first ever order (luckily only did 25 just to start out) and am not all that excited about them in-hand as much as I was when I first ordered them.
I'm finding majority of them don't close completely, having to constantly press the flaps down even when already bent into shape, and have less-than-ideal conforming ability when a steel is inside. Plus as mentioned above, they dont seem to sit flat on the surface when a steel is inside

YMMV, b/c clearly some others tend to push for them .. but this has been my one and only experience ordering them.
I've heard Kimchi sells some good ones as well so might try those out at a later time.
Wants:
-Mickey's XMas Carol -- DMR/DMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--Mr Peabody & Sherman iTunes

or --> iTunes HD movies!

PM TRADE LISTS if applicable!

WTB: FROZEN 3D Steelbook (any variation for Reg.A) - PM asking price!
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:24 PM   #1158
Lava_Lander Lava_Lander is online now
Senior Member
 
Lava_Lander's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
USA
337
11
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
I just got my first ever order (luckily only did 25 just to start out) and am not all that excited about them in-hand as much as I was when I first ordered them.
I'm finding majority of them don't close completely, having to constantly press the flaps down even when already bent into shape, and have less-than-ideal conforming ability when a steel is inside. Plus as mentioned above, they dont seem to sit flat on the surface when a steel is inside
Maybe you got a bad batch or something? All of mine close like the photos above; occasionally there's a flap that won't click on one side, but a little extra flexing tends to solve the issue.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:34 PM   #1159
TheGeneral TheGeneral is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
-
-
59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava_Lander View Post
Maybe you got a bad batch or something? All of mine close like the photos above; occasionally there's a flap that won't click on one side, but a little extra flexing tends to solve the issue.
Yeah could be

At first I thought it was just the ones on the "outside" that might have got hit from shipping or something....but I've gone through all 25 and not a single one I would say is what I had expected/hoped when ordering.
Wants:
-Mickey's XMas Carol -- DMR/DMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--Mr Peabody & Sherman iTunes

or --> iTunes HD movies!

PM TRADE LISTS if applicable!

WTB: FROZEN 3D Steelbook (any variation for Reg.A) - PM asking price!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Thing MASTER THREAD..... And The THING Prequel Thread Blu-ray Movies - North America mr.hidef 1354 10-20-2014 10:13 PM
What is a SteelBook and purchasing Resource thread for Blu-ray SteelBook Blu-ray SteelBooks jw 238 03-04-2014 08:10 AM
Transformers BD Master Thread Blu-ray Movies - North America Poonking 16 07-12-2008 06:23 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 PM.