Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Twilight $3.96 (18% sold out)
Soon: Lone Survivor $6.00 ()
Soon: Maleficent $9.99 ()
Soon: Grown Ups 2 $6.96 ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
10 hrs ago
Captain Phillips (Blu-ray)
$5.99
4 hrs ago
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (Blu-ray)
$3.99
3 hrs ago
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$7.99
2 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
9 hrs ago
The King's Speech (Blu-ray)
$3.99
9 hrs ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00

Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
21 hrs ago
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
13 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99

You're Next (Blu-ray)
$5.99
7 hrs ago
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
12 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Old 11-26-2014, 05:41 AM   #4281
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008

I couldn't make it there Dan. Sorry
BTW can I buy a Bat Cowl or should I just send you some boxed mac and cheese and some canned beans and we call it even?
-snobird

Jets 2-8 (It's going to be a real long season)

It pays to pay it forward. PM me to learn how to do it with UV and iTunes codes!!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:47 AM   #4282

Jan 2012
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by K i r a View Post
Phew! We were able to give out flyers now, and I'm excited. Valid from 12/1-12/31: 50% More Store Credit!!! I literally just found out about this today when I came in to work. Also the 3 coupon sheet brings a 50% off a used movie, and a B2G1 free on used.

Little fine print on the 50% off: It says Maximum trade value is $12.00. In the past years, it would say maximum increase is $12, but I'll talk to my SM tomorrow about the specifics of it as far as if something trades for $12 or more, does it get $0 increase, or if it's like $10, it only goes up to $12 tops and so on.

Oh, and setting up some stuff tonight, I'm pretty stoked I overlooked a few deals. I'll tiptoe and say The Blacklist is the same exact price on both formats as other shops (do your sleuthing to figure it) and a lot of DVD box sets are really well discounted that I would probably look into as nice gifts! Also got a lot more merchandise in, so that will be 10% off on Black Friday; Guardians of the Galaxy mystery box figure bobbleheads, SOns of Anarchy and Walking Dead huge lamp, more Pop figures like American Horror Story and Supernatural (VERY limited though; like 1 of each).
Do you have to come in black Friday to get a flyer with the 50% off deal or can you just show up on 12/1?
Old 11-26-2014, 06:04 AM   #4283
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAre View Post
Do you have to come in black Friday to get a flyer with the 50% off deal or can you just show up on 12/1?
In the past, I think we only got one box full and then that was it. We hand them out and mention people to bring trades by; that coupon is just a very nice incentive to be sooner than later. The stack must have been a few hundred tall, though. If you can't make it by Friday, Saturday should be good. I would say if you stop by frequently, ask an associate by phone if they could wrap one around your reserve; because of holidays, we got in most of the 12/2 street dates in earlier than usual.
Looking for DVD slipcovers only: Luther Series 3. Haibane Renmei (DVD Anime Classics). Desert Punk (DVD Repackage). Le Chevalier D'Eon (DVD). PM me.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #4284
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruswarrior View Post
I couldn't make it there Dan. Sorry
It's all good, man. No worries. If Amazon doesn't drop the price for TWD: S4 by Thursday night, I'll just hit up MovieStop real quick. My local store isn't that crazy on BF usually.

BTW, what's the closing time on Thursday night/Friday morning, if any?
So where's that Unpopular Movie Opinions Thread?

My Top Films of 2014:
1) Birdman 2) Whiplash 3) Gone Girl 4) Under The Skin 5) Enemy 6) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 7) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 8) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9) Guardians of the Galaxy 10) Big Hero 6
Old 11-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #4285
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman89 View Post
It's all good, man. No worries. If Amazon doesn't drop the price for TWD: S4 by Thursday night, I'll just hit up MovieStop real quick. My local store isn't that crazy on BF usually.

BTW, what's the closing time on Thursday night/Friday morning, if any?
Thursday we will be open from 5pm-2am. Then open on Friday at 7am-11pm. Just 5 hours of closed business.
Looking for DVD slipcovers only: Luther Series 3. Haibane Renmei (DVD Anime Classics). Desert Punk (DVD Repackage). Le Chevalier D'Eon (DVD). PM me.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #4286
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008

Quote:
Thursday we will be open from 5pm-2am. Then open on Friday at 7am-11pm. Just 5 hours of closed business.
I'm guessing they realized there was not much traffic at 4 am last year lol.
BTW can I buy a Bat Cowl or should I just send you some boxed mac and cheese and some canned beans and we call it even?
-snobird

It pays to pay it forward. PM me to learn how to do it with UV and iTunes codes!!
Old 11-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #4287
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Thank you.

Looks like I'll have a chance when I get out of work at midnight to hit up MS.
So where's that Unpopular Movie Opinions Thread?

My Top Films of 2014:
1) Birdman 2) Whiplash 3) Gone Girl 4) Under The Skin 5) Enemy 6) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 7) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 8) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9) Guardians of the Galaxy 10) Big Hero 6
Old 11-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #4288

Nov 2007

Quote:
In the past, I think we only got one box full and then that was it. We hand them out and mention people to bring trades by; that coupon is just a very nice incentive to be sooner than later. The stack must have been a few hundred tall, though. If you can't make it by Friday, Saturday should be good. I would say if you stop by frequently, ask an associate by phone if they could wrap one around your reserve; because of holidays, we got in most of the 12/2 street dates in earlier than usual.
To clarify, is the bonus 50% trade-in value good across the board, or are you required to have one of these coupons/flyers that are passed out in-store?
Old 11-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #4289

Jan 2013

do u think the 50% upgrade will work if you bring in a bunch of trade3 get 1 free movies?
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #4290

Mar 2011
Orlando, FL
Send a message via AIM to travOtaku

Normally if there is a trade bonus that the clerk has to manually add to your total the qualifying price for a new release goes up proportionally so that nothing new will be made to qualify. The manual increase promotions are typically for a higher credit percentage with the expectation that all you would be doing is trading in an item for credit to spend at the store and not to use that item without another promotion (like T2/3G1).
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #4291
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

Welp, that was a fun shift! My feet are killing me. Lol. Only thing I grabbed was Blacklist Blu-ray new for $14.99. On episode 12 on Netflix, and I feel this show is pacing to be one I'd like to revisit later on. Stores are closed now (since 2am) but will open doors again at 7am until 11pm. Couple of $9.99 titles I remember were Hercules (2014), Neighbors, Noah. Arrow Season 1 is $21.99 (my store only had the Blu-ray only slim repackage) and Season 2 for $22.99, Masters of Sex Season 1 is $16.99. Can't remember all the titles, but worth checking out. When you make a purchase, or exit, you should get a red/green coupon sheet with the 50% off a used movie $11.99 or less, Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon on used and 50% More Store Credit on movie trade-ins, all good from 12/1/2014 - 12/31/2014. Should hear back word early next week on what the caps on credit are, "if this movie didn't qualify for the Trade 2 before, but does after the 50%, can it now work" questions and all.

Thanks to all who made it out, and hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Today, 03:36 PM   #4292
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008

Are there any Arrow S2 left?
-snobird

Last edited by walruswarrior; Today at 03:54 PM.
Old Today, 07:46 PM   #4293
Power Member

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Traded in the following titles today, and was able to do the T2g1 deal:

[Show spoiler]
Silent Hill: Revelations
Step Brothers
A Haunted House
Five Year Engagement
American Reunion
Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood
Snow White & the Huntsman
Haywire
Old Today, 08:50 PM   #4294

Apr 2009
Midlothian, VA

Picked up my usual Thanksgiving/Black Friday latest seasons of WB TV titles:
Supernatural: Season 9 - $22.99
Vampire Diaries: Season 5 - $22.99
The 100: Season 1 - $21.99
So in total only $62.97 for the three after the $5 off $50 coupon....maybe a couple bucks more than my preferred $20 each price point, but close enough that I am still happy....I had almost $50 in credit to burn from trading in some old stuff the day before that I had upgraded, so my actual out of pocket was quite minimal...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Black Friday and Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals