Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$94.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #461

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer Swank View Post
Call me crazy, but I actually prefer the unrated Dead Alive version to Braindead. Snappier pace.
It's easily the best version of the film. There is a huge amount of people who will always prefer the longer cut of EVERY SINGLE film because in there own minds, a longer film is a better film.
Thanks given by:
Davidian (10-17-2014)
Old 10-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #462

Aug 2010
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Pure Doom View Post
It's easily the best version of the film. There is a huge amount of people who will always prefer the longer cut of EVERY SINGLE film because in there own minds, a longer film is a better film.
I want the longer cut not because it's longer but because it's the version I know, the version I originally saw in the cinema, way back in 1992 or whenever it was.

I really don't give a monkeys whether the US cut is Jackson's preferred version or not.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #463
Special Member

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
I'd be fine with a decent bluray of Dead Alive, some of that extra junk seems like it would actually make the movie inferior. I'm never for "extended cuts" being the only version on a disc if they're not what the director intended, just put them in the deleted scenes or have a second version on the disc!
In the case of Braindead, the New Zealand cut is the original theatrical cut of the film, not an extended version. Story goes (I dunno if it's ever been entirely confirmed), during the wait between NZ and USA release, Jackson decided to make the movie more lean. The name change probably has to do with separating it from the 1990 movie Brain Dead. It's essential we have the uncut Braindead on Blu-ray at some point.

But yes, having seen both cuts numerous times, while the original cut has a lot of really funny bits, compared to Dead Alive I feel like it drags at parts. If Jackson did re-cut the movie and the US version is his preference, I could believe that because it flows so much better, and something like 98% of the gore is intact. I'd still love to have the original cut on Blu-ray though, because it's definitely worth seeing multiple times, and my Raro DVD looks like absolute dick (plus it has Italian credits and a non-animated movie title; and it's missing the "God Save the Queen" segment at the beginning, which is incidental).

Dead Alive is my preference, right down to the name and title screen, but Braindead is well worth seeing.
"I can't forgive myself for having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished. And the other is the phone book."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America