COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$13.18
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$18.98
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Charlie Countryman (Blu-ray)
$7.98
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$11.48
George Gently, Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$23.19
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$16.53
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$20.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #41
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Too bad Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was under Universal Distribution and not Fox affiliated - that movie would be a jaw dropper in 3d

That said, here are 2 more to bring to the drool pile of empty wishes:

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later

Imagine one of those converted - or what if they did BOTH.....? - AND RELEASED A DUAL BOX SET OF 3D ZOMBIE GREATNESS!!!!?!

I'm going to go change my shorts now, brb..
Old 11-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith82 View Post
Too bad Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was under Universal Distribution and not Fox affiliated - that movie would be a jaw dropper in 3d

That said, here are 2 more to bring to the drool pile of empty wishes:

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later

Imagine one of those converted - or what if they did BOTH.....? - AND RELEASED A DUAL BOX SET OF 3D ZOMBIE GREATNESS!!!!?!

I'm going to go change my shorts now, brb..
I heard they're working on or planning a third 28. I'd like to see the 2nd one in 3D, the first one, because of the home video footage, with the lower quality video, I'm not sure how that would look as the colors wash into each other a bit.

How about one of the funniest movies ever made (IMO):
20th Century Fox's My Cousin Vinny in 3D. Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei with Fred Gwynne as the judge.

One could argue comedies, dramas and every day movies or documentaries don't need 3D, but that would be assuming 3D is only reserved for special effects movies, when Hugo 3D, Titanic 3D, Imax Documentaries and the upcoming The Great Gatsby 3D prove you don't need fancy special effects or monsters to be worthy of three dimensions.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 11-14-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #43
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I heard they're working on or planning a third 28. I'd like to see the 2nd one in 3D, the first one, because of the home video footage, with the lower quality video, I'm not sure how that would look as the colors wash into each other a bit.

How about one of the funniest movies ever made (IMO):
20th Century Fox's My Cousin Vinny in 3D. Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei with Fred Gwynne as the judge.

One could argue comedies, dramas and every day movies or documentaries don't need 3D, but that would be assuming 3D is only reserved for special effects movies, when Hugo 3D, Titanic 3D, Imax Documentaries and the upcoming The Great Gatsby 3D prove you don't need fancy special effects or monsters to be worthy of three dimensions.
I think Vinny in 3d would be hilarious! Guess we're part of the rare few that enjoys 3d for what it is, not only to enhance the experience of a big Hollywood action blockbuster.

How about Big Trouble in Little China? That would be awesome

Or the Sandlot
Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Yes to Kurt Russell in Big Trouble in Little China in 3D. That would be cool. I swear Mortal Kombat got Rayden and a few other ideas from that movie, but never read about any one referencing that movie as an inspiration.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #45
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Yes to Kurt Russell in Big Trouble in Little China in 3D. That would be cool. I swear Mortal Kombat got Rayden and a few other ideas from that movie, but never read about any one referencing that movie as an inspiration.
I used to love this movie!

Anyway, according to media reports Independence Day has been cancelled. Still hope it comes out on blu..
Old 11-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #46
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
I used to love this movie!

Anyway, according to media reports Independence Day has been cancelled. Still hope it comes out on blu..
ID4 cancelled? really? thats sucks. I dont own the 2D Blu so the 3D version would be a no brainer since its a movie I've wanted to own.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #47

Jun 2008

I think that Rise of the Planets of the Apes would be an excellent candidate for a 3D conversion.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #48
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

On ID4 - 3D, I read that it hasn't 'officially' been canned but changed to a release date of TBD. The Examiner reports that Fox is turning all focus to Star Wars since they still technically have the rights for a little while and have since bumped up the release dates of Episode 2 and 3 in 3d - 2 for September 2013, 3 following 2 weeks later in October.

I do hope to see this project pick back up, ID4 was a great movie and definitely a worthy candidate for conversion.

Bummer
Old 11-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #49
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
On ID4 - 3D, I read that it hasn't 'officially' been canned but changed to a release date of TBD. The Examiner reports that Fox is turning all focus to Star Wars since they still technically have the rights for a little while and have since bumped up the release dates of Episode 2 and 3 in 3d - 2 for September 2013, 3 following 2 weeks later in October.

I do hope to see this project pick back up, ID4 was a great movie and definitely a worthy candidate for conversion.

Bummer
I doubt they would waste the millions on conversion and then not release it. I still expect it on blu.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #50

Feb 2012
Canada

I wonder how far they had gotten into the conversion? I presume they had started.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #51

Apr 2012
Calgary, Alberta Canada

Horton Hears a Who! (as previously mentioned)
Titan A.E. (as previous mentioned)
Toys (1992 Robin Williams fantasy)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (a natural for 3D)
Phantom of the Paradise (this too)
Shock Treatment (yeah)
The Sound of Music (nice scenery)
Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #52

Nov 2010
Hove,UK

Quote:

Bummer
Well,with Star Wars 3D and Avatar 2/3 coming onto the Radar maybe they think that's enough,or it could mean they've scrapped the sequels?

Emmerich is on record saying he dislikes 3D,so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainhurt View Post
I wonder how far they had gotten into the conversion? I presume they had started.
That's the question,isn't it? If they've started maybe it'll be HomeVideo only?
3D is here to stay,get used to it.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #53
Special Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
That's the question,isn't it? If they've started maybe it'll be HomeVideo only?
If they just release the film on Home Video, as it looks like Top Gun is going, you might as well pack it in and stop wasting the money.

There's no way they'll sell enough copies to turn a profit. (Does anyone really think I, Robot's going to sell even 10,000 copies?)

fitprod
Old 11-22-2012, 01:05 AM   #54

Nov 2010
Hove,UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
If they just release the film on Home Video, as it looks like Top Gun is going, you might as well pack it in and stop wasting the money.

There's no way they'll sell enough copies to turn a profit. (Does anyone really think I, Robot's going to sell even 10,000 copies?)

fitprod
Well,I kind of agree. Would they release a loss-leader though? I guess Top Gun 2 was scrapped because Tony is gone so Cruise jumped ship,which of course still left Paramount with a converted Top Gun.

But I agree,if ID4 is a proper conversion job then releasing just to Blu is silly.
3D is here to stay,get used to it.

Last edited by Will21st; 11-22-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #55

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post

fitprod
I guess conversions can also profit from broadcasting rights. TV channels need 3D programming...
Old 11-23-2012, 01:56 AM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

While the 3DTV audience is still growing, I'll say that sometimes, when a movie is released in theaters and tanks, it sometimes regains a new audience through home video and makes a profit. Direct to home video for Top Gun 3D or ID4 3D wouldn't be a death sentence, but possibly persuade more people to buy a 3DTV if they're big fans and would like to see it in 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies