COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$13.18
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$18.98
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Charlie Countryman (Blu-ray)
$7.98
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$11.48
George Gently, Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$23.19
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$16.53
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Old 09-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #941

Dec 2013

Am I the first to comment that the pitch is higher on the blu-ray version? I don't know what it means, but everything is half a step lower on the DVD audio. For instance, at the 5.29 mark on the blu-ray, the dude screams a C natural. The corresponding scream on the DVD is a B. On the blu-ray, a succession of keyboard E flats at the 13.49 mark translates into D naturals on the DVD.
Most wanted on blu: Blood and Lace ('71), Silent Night, Bloody Night ('72), What Have You Done to Solange? ('72), Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural ('73), Messiah of Evil ('73), Terror Circus ('74), It's Alive ('74), Alice, Sweet Alice ('76), Embryo ('76), Rituals ('77), Shock Waves ('77), The Manitou ('78), Don't Go in the House ('79), The Dark ('79), Phantasm ('79), Ghost Story ('81), Hell Night ('81), Madman ('82), C.H.U.D. ('84), Link ('86), Leatherface: TCM III ('90).
Thanks given by:
sheldo (09-01-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #942

Apr 2014
Tulsa, OK

since i was never a fan of rats to begin with, i decided to make a custom cover for this, like how Scream! Factory did The Town The Dreaded Sundown. It was billed as a single feature, but the bonus features show it includes The EVictors as well. also Criterion did this with Scanners as well. so any rate, here is the customer cover:

if anyone wants this, feel free to pick it up here in full res 300 ppi.
"God creates Dinosaur, God destroys dinosaur, God creates man, man destroys God, man creates dinosaur." -Ian Malcolm, 1993

Please check out my effort to bring SAVAGE HARVEST to some sort of home video format for all to enjoy.

Or just watch it on YouTube.
Thanks given by:
sheldo (09-02-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 05:37 AM   #943
Expert Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

I got Two Evil Eyes cause it was on sale on Amazon last week and I'm a pretty big fan of Romero and Argento's early stuff. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was, since it has a pretty bad rep. The first segment is pretty lame, like an extended creepshow segment that isn't as much fun, but man..."The Black Cat" is a blast. The makeup effects are great, the tension really builds to a fever pitch in the last act, and Harvey Keitel is way better than the material would have you expect in the lead role. If Romero's half didn't exist, and it was just an hour and fifteen minutes long movie that was just "The Black Cat," I'd probably give it an 8/10.

The extras on the disc are also really fun, especially Tom Savini's tour of his house where you get to see his hundreds of VHS tapes and his decaying masks and models from things like Tales from the Darkside and Monkey Shines. This is a great disc for anyone that's a fan of either director, the movie certainly isn't on the level of Dawn of the Dead or Suspiria but it's pretty good fun, and the extras are great!
Thanks given by:
fuzzymctiger (09-06-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors