COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
All That Heaven Allows (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Operation Petticoat (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad / Fun and Fancy Free (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The East (Blu-ray)
$6.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99
Three Colors Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Rick Steves: Italy's Countryside 2000-2014 (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 5 4.55%
Two Stars 4 3.64%
Three Stars 13 11.82%
Four Stars 43 39.09%
Five Stars 45 40.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #341
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill_Be_Back View Post
I watched it last night and I thought it was OK. I didn't like Simon Pegg's character, In my opinion it wasn't as good as the others.
that felt like the point, until the end at least.
he wasnt a hatable character, just not very nice and a bit of a cock, as Frost exclaims at the end
"OI, he may be a cock, and in fact, he is a bit of a cock, but he's MY cock!" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_sc77 View Post
Usually the Nick Frost / Simon Pegg movies get better with each viewing but for the first time I found that not to be the case with The Worlds End. My opinion actually lessened on a repeat viewing.
Still, the extras on the Blu are really enjoyable at least.
its getting better for me.
I wasnt sure exactly how much I liked it after first viewing, but after ending up watching it a few times with differant friends/family over xmas/NY, I'm finding myself craving another viewing!
(Pre-)ordered/ Shipped : CA:TWS Taiwan SB / Guardians of the Galaxy SB / Maleficent SB / OLLA SB / Pocahontas SB / Sin City 2 SB / The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 3D Extended Statue / The Fox and the Hound SB / The Rescuers SB
For Sale/Trade: The Little Mermaid US 2D/DVD w/3D slip / Mary Poppins / Snowpiercer Kimichi Full Slip Steelbook (spares/sealed) PM me with offers if interested
Wanted: Taiwan (or next best English audio) Noah 3D Steelbook
Old 01-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #342
Special Member

Feb 2011

This film rewards repeat viewings on a higher order than either Shawn of the Dead or Hot Fuzz. It's probably not as laugh-out-loud funny as those two, though I actually find it more humorous: but it is laced with deeper thematics that reveal themselves more apparently upon repeat(s), when the sci-fi elements begin to recede and downplay themselves.

I also appreciate that it draws on Arthurian/Olde English tales, and that style, as a storytelling device.

In time, I believe that this will be viewed as the crown of the so-called 'Cornetto Trilogy'.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #343
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemach View Post
This film rewards repeat viewings on a higher order than either Shawn of the Dead or Hot Fuzz. It's probably not as laugh-out-loud funny as those two, though I actually find it more humorous: but it is laced with deeper thematics that reveal themselves more apparently upon repeat(s), when the sci-fi elements begin to recede and downplay themselves.

I also appreciate that it draws on Arthurian/Olde English tales, and that style, as a storytelling device.

In time, I believe that this will be viewed as the crown of the so-called 'Cornetto Trilogy'.

This is how I feel as well. The movie has continued getting better on repeat viewings, and I'm loving it more and more on each one. I think all three are exceptional films, but this may have surpassed 'Hot Fuzz' for my top spot in the trilogy.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell

Instagram: pj_campbell
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies