COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Between the Buried and Me: Future Sequence - Live at the Fidelitorium (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
TerrorVision / The Video Dead (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hell of the Living Dead / Rats: Night of Terror (Blu-ray)
$16.49
The Final Terror (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Step Up All In (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 12-31-2012, 05:32 AM   #21

Oct 2011
St. Louis

Maybe the poor reviews had me go into the movie with low expectations but I rather enjoyed this movie. The 3D isn't great but any means but I have seen worse.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogofwar View Post
Maybe the poor reviews had me go into the movie with low expectations but I rather enjoyed this movie. The 3D isn't great but any means but I have seen worse.
Thanks for the info Dog of War. Glad the movie was better than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Olivia Thrilby, Rachel Taylor, and Emile Hirsch all did a nice job with their characters.

The 3D is decent. Go for it if you find a bargain and are interested in the movie. I think by "dimensionality," I was trying to rate roundness of the 3D objects and gave it a high score because it is all native 3D with decent depth strength. "2D thinking" by the filmmakers probably hurt the experience the most.
Thanks Bleed Orange. I think I'll finally give it a try. The lady from Dredd is in it, and she was pretty good in Dredd, balancing the movie really well as Dredd's side kick.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #23

Aug 2012

While I don't think The Darkest Hour is one of the greatest movies ever, it does have some bad things about such as the acting at time. But i thought it was an entertaining movie and not nearly as bad as critics made it out to be, and the 3D on this I thought was really good. The people incinerating into dust looked even better in 3D seeing those particles flying at you.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

As someone with a Dredd av, did you think Olivia Thirlby did a good job in Darkest Hour? I thought she was OK in it, but amazing in Dredd.

Slightly of note is that i believe the new Robocop, Joel Kinnaman is in Darkest Hour as the Russian friend (someone please correct me if i'm wrong).
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Thanks for the info Dog of War. Glad the movie was better than expected.

Thanks Bleed Orange. I think I'll finally give it a try. The lady from Dredd is in it, and she was pretty good in Dredd, balancing the movie really well as Dredd's side kick.
Agreed Zivouhr!
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #26
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_234 View Post
While I don't think The Darkest Hour is one of the greatest movies ever, it does have some bad things about such as the acting at time. But i thought it was an entertaining movie and not nearly as bad as critics made it out to be, and the 3D on this I thought was really good. The people incinerating into dust looked even better in 3D seeing those particles flying at you.
The movie is DREADFUL and the only decent 3D in it can be seen used to much better effect in the far superior Fright Night remake
Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #27

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
As someone with a Dredd av, did you think Olivia Thirlby did a good job in Darkest Hour? I thought she was OK in it, but amazing in Dredd.

Slightly of note is that i believe the new Robocop, Joel Kinnaman is in Darkest Hour as the Russian friend (someone please correct me if i'm wrong).
I think Olivia did an ok job, she really didn't have much to do in this movie, I thought she was way better in Dredd also.

no you're right Joel Kinnaman the same guy from The this movie & the tv show The Killing, is playing the new Robocop. Sucks it's not gonna come out this year like it was suppose to, they're pushing it back to 2014. Which I think they're planning on doing a 3D conversion for it also.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Was there a lot of action in this one? This one played in 2D in my theaters, but not 3D, otherwise I was going to see it back then.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Finally got to see Darkest Hour 3D a few months back. The 3D was good, except for that one shot where after the club gets attacked, they're in the background talking in the basement, and the shot is static on them. The 3D was converted for that shot it seems, and looked reversed actually. Otherwise, no big deal. The movie was mildly interesting so I'll have to watch it again for the 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies