Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Nightcrawler (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Guest (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Dracula Untold (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.97
Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
A Walk Among the Tombstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Fifty Shades of Grey (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2015, 05:28 AM   #1201
AaronJ AaronJ is offline
Suspended
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
213
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie The Robot View Post
I mentioned this one in another thread but I always love how junkies shoot up and instantly are high/overdose/dead. It actually takes a good 30 seconds / minute or two for drugs to take full effect.
Don't ask how I know this, but it depends on the drug really.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:17 AM   #1202
WhatALovelyDay WhatALovelyDay is offline
Banned
 
May 2015
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePS3 View Post
How guns in movies have absolutely no recoil whatsoever. Oh and all cars going fast have to smack into garbage cans. Almost forgot... 20 minute end credits.... hand-held camera crap that has to be shaky to let you know that the action is SO fast and furious, they could not possibly keep the camera still. Fast edits in fights to hide the crappy choreography and so you can't tell who is who.
so.. every minute of Taken 3?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #1203
UnknownBesideArch UnknownBesideArch is offline
Special Member
 
UnknownBesideArch's Avatar
 
May 2013
New Zealand
279
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Damn, I can't remember the movie or the actress, but she was telling this story about how she was in a scene like that and she HAD to actually eat -- for some reason I also don't remember. But she said but the time they got to take 15 or 20, she ready to puke.
Elizabeth Berridge in Amadeus perchance? I seem to recall something like that in the special features on the Blu-ray...
"Let no man turn aside, ever so slightly, from the broad path of honour, on the plausible pretence that he is justified by the goodness of his end. All good ends can be worked out by good means. Those that cannot, are bad; and may be counted so at once, and left alone."
Charles Dickens, Barnaby Rudge
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #1204
dgoswald dgoswald is online now
Expert Member
 
dgoswald's Avatar
 
May 2015
United Kingdom
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
The parking garage scene in The Terminator is a perfect example. Instead of shooting the side of the car to kill Sarah, T-800 just tries to shoot Kyle.
I noticed for the first time the other day in the above scene how easy it would've been for the T800 to kill Sarah. Whilst Kyle was reaching across her to shoot at the T800, Sarah's head was in clear view, she wasn't ducking down at all. All it would've taken was one accurate shot and Sarah would've died. Granted, it's tough to get accuracy in a moving vehicle if the target is also moving, but I was shocked at how Sarah was exposed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:12 AM   #1205
Pizzamorg Pizzamorg is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Pizzamorg's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
108
Default

I've got one - sequels that just want to be the first film again.

I understand why this happens but it's still annoying when you pop in a sequel eagerly awaiting further developments for a world and characters you love, only for them to forget everything they've learnt from the first film and basically go through exactly the same motions again, maybe with a slightly different setting, a new villain and maybe some new cast members. All the known actors usually leave after the first film and get replaced by the poor man's versions of themselves.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #1206
Will. Will. is offline
Expert Member
 
Will.'s Avatar
 
Feb 2015
MN
162
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
I've got one - sequels that just want to be the first film again.

I understand why this happens but it's still annoying when you pop in a sequel eagerly awaiting further developments for a world and characters you love, only for them to forget everything they've learnt from the first film and basically go through exactly the same motions again, maybe with a slightly different setting, a new villain and maybe some new cast members. All the known actors usually leave after the first film and get replaced by the poor man's versions of themselves.
+1!!
The best sequels go their own path and try something new. Directors/studios seem to always decide to revert to the same formula instead of taking a risk on something new.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Pizzamorg (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #1207
AaronJ AaronJ is offline
Suspended
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
213
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBesideArch View Post
Elizabeth Berridge in Amadeus perchance? I seem to recall something like that in the special features on the Blu-ray...
I'm pretty sure it was something more recent. But thanks for another example.

As to the film itself, I loved that film so much. I need to see it again. It's been ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
+1!!
The best sequels go their own path and try something new. Directors/studios seem to always decide to revert to the same formula instead of taking a risk on something new.
Because audiences don't tend to like films that take risks or do something new.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #1208
JeffTheMovieGuy JeffTheMovieGuy is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
JeffTheMovieGuy's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
The parking garage scene in The Terminator is a perfect example. Instead of shooting the side of the car to kill Sarah, T-800 just tries to shoot Kyle.
Exactly what I was thinking about after seeing it happen again in
[Show spoiler]Genysis


I understand that it wouldn't be as exciting if they shot up the important parts of the car but
[Show spoiler]seeing bullets fly through the front window and into a driver that's not made of flesh and not going to stop.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:08 PM   #1209
Impossible Impossible is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Mar 2010
3
Default

Exorcism scenes. They are all exactly the same and there is only one that is any good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #1210
Ultra_Violence Ultra_Violence is offline
Senior Member
 
Ultra_Violence's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie The Robot View Post
I mentioned this one in another thread but I always love how junkies shoot up and instantly are high/overdose/dead. It actually takes a good 30 seconds / minute or two for drugs to take full effect.
Never dabbled in some Persian rugs I see. Don't worry they aren't for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Don't ask how I know this, but it depends on the drug really.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #1211
LuckyDragon LuckyDragon is offline
Expert Member
 
LuckyDragon's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Tornado Alley
391
658
Send a message via AIM to LuckyDragon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
Exorcism scenes. They are all exactly the same and there is only one that is any good.
I agree:

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:38 PM   #1212
Ultra_Violence Ultra_Violence is offline
Senior Member
 
Ultra_Violence's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
Scotland
Default

James Woods was classic in that. They should of made a full movie of his character.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #1213
Darth Anakin Darth Anakin is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Darth Anakin's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Bottle City of Kandor
28
350
55
22
39
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheMovieGuy View Post
Exactly what I was thinking about after seeing it happen again in
[Show spoiler]Genysis


I understand that it wouldn't be as exciting if they shot up the important parts of the car but
[Show spoiler]seeing bullets fly through the front window and into a driver that's not made of flesh and not going to stop.
I would imagine most people not used to shooting a gun in a high adrenaline situation will just start shooting at whatever their instincts tell them to shoot. Even if that's not a good target.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:18 PM   #1214
slainery slainery is offline
Active Member
 
slainery's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
162
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
Exorcism scenes. They are all exactly the same and there is only one that is any good.
They always make me roll my eyes, but I have to admit that I find the exorcism/possession scenes in Penny Dreadful excellent:

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:04 AM   #1215
Darth Anakin Darth Anakin is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Darth Anakin's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Bottle City of Kandor
28
350
55
22
39
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWFORD View Post
Yes, I completely understand the reasoning behind it. But, I thought many films were aspiring for realism. And, I'm sorry, but that's just not realistic.
Heh I would eat in all my food scenes as long as they planned the scenes during times I needed to boost my blood sugar. I love the "food gone after it's been placed in the mouth" trick. I really should look for that more often in movies.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:38 AM   #1216
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
171
Default

When two people are struggling to the death in the front seat/cockpit of a vehicle going at a great rate of speed, and the driver/pilot gets incapacitated or killed...instead of recognizing the immediate danger they're both in and trying to stop the vehicle, they'll completely ignore it and continue whaling the tar out of each other. It's only when one or both of them notice that they're about to plow into a stationary object at roughly 100 mph that the hero then slugs the bad guy one last time and bails out at the last possible second, while the villain just sits there and screams futilely until the vehicle impacts and erupts in as gigantic fireball. I've seen variations on this done to DEATH.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:51 AM   #1217
AaronJ AaronJ is offline
Suspended
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
213
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
When two people are struggling to the death in the front seat/cockpit of a vehicle going at a great rate of speed, and the driver/pilot gets incapacitated or killed...instead of recognizing the immediate danger they're both in and trying to stop the vehicle, they'll completely ignore it and continue whaling the tar out of each other. It's only when one or both of them notice that they're about to plow into a stationary object at roughly 100 mph that the hero then slugs the bad guy one last time and bails out at the last possible second, while the villain just sits there and screams futilely until the vehicle impacts and erupts in as gigantic fireball. I've seen variations on this done to DEATH.
I LOVE those scenes!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:54 AM   #1218
Darth Anakin Darth Anakin is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Darth Anakin's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Bottle City of Kandor
28
350
55
22
39
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
When two people are struggling to the death in the front seat/cockpit of a vehicle going at a great rate of speed, and the driver/pilot gets incapacitated or killed...instead of recognizing the immediate danger they're both in and trying to stop the vehicle, they'll completely ignore it and continue whaling the tar out of each other. It's only when one or both of them notice that they're about to plow into a stationary object at roughly 100 mph that the hero then slugs the bad guy one last time and bails out at the last possible second, while the villain just sits there and screams futilely until the vehicle impacts and erupts in as gigantic fireball. I've seen variations on this done to DEATH.
Be nice if just once the bad guy could swing out in the nick of time and the good guy explodes, hoping for scenes like that is why I'm pumped up for Suicide Squad.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #1219
Pizzamorg Pizzamorg is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Pizzamorg's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
108
Default

The kind of films where the commentary needed to explain it takes more time to process than actually watching the film does. I just don't get the point, critics lap that shit up though so I guess that is why they're still being made.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:57 PM   #1220
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
171
Default

Scenes where characters are RIGHT NEXT to fire, lava, anything generating a great deal of heat, and never suffer any ill effects. In real life, you can't get within fifty feet of a pool of lava without getting your skin baked and your lungs seared, but in movies, just so long as you don't actually touch it, you can go blithely skipping across stepping-stones studded throughout a river of lava like it was a bubbling brook. And the same with fire...smoke inhalation never seems to phase movie characters...just don't touch the fire, and you'll be fine!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 AM.