Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Nightcrawler (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Guest (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Dracula Untold (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.97
Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
A Walk Among the Tombstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Fifty Shades of Grey (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 07-04-2015, 05:28 AM   #1201
Suspended

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie The Robot View Post
I mentioned this one in another thread but I always love how junkies shoot up and instantly are high/overdose/dead. It actually takes a good 30 seconds / minute or two for drugs to take full effect.
Don't ask how I know this, but it depends on the drug really.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:17 AM   #1202
Banned

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePS3 View Post
How guns in movies have absolutely no recoil whatsoever. Oh and all cars going fast have to smack into garbage cans. Almost forgot... 20 minute end credits.... hand-held camera crap that has to be shaky to let you know that the action is SO fast and furious, they could not possibly keep the camera still. Fast edits in fights to hide the crappy choreography and so you can't tell who is who.
so.. every minute of Taken 3?
Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #1203
Special Member

May 2013
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Damn, I can't remember the movie or the actress, but she was telling this story about how she was in a scene like that and she HAD to actually eat -- for some reason I also don't remember. But she said but the time they got to take 15 or 20, she ready to puke.
Elizabeth Berridge in Amadeus perchance? I seem to recall something like that in the special features on the Blu-ray...
"Let no man turn aside, ever so slightly, from the broad path of honour, on the plausible pretence that he is justified by the goodness of his end. All good ends can be worked out by good means. Those that cannot, are bad; and may be counted so at once, and left alone."
Charles Dickens, Barnaby Rudge
Old 07-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #1204
Expert Member

May 2015
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
The parking garage scene in The Terminator is a perfect example. Instead of shooting the side of the car to kill Sarah, T-800 just tries to shoot Kyle.
I noticed for the first time the other day in the above scene how easy it would've been for the T800 to kill Sarah. Whilst Kyle was reaching across her to shoot at the T800, Sarah's head was in clear view, she wasn't ducking down at all. All it would've taken was one accurate shot and Sarah would've died. Granted, it's tough to get accuracy in a moving vehicle if the target is also moving, but I was shocked at how Sarah was exposed.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:12 AM   #1205
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

I've got one - sequels that just want to be the first film again.

I understand why this happens but it's still annoying when you pop in a sequel eagerly awaiting further developments for a world and characters you love, only for them to forget everything they've learnt from the first film and basically go through exactly the same motions again, maybe with a slightly different setting, a new villain and maybe some new cast members. All the known actors usually leave after the first film and get replaced by the poor man's versions of themselves.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #1206
Expert Member

Feb 2015
MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
I've got one - sequels that just want to be the first film again.

I understand why this happens but it's still annoying when you pop in a sequel eagerly awaiting further developments for a world and characters you love, only for them to forget everything they've learnt from the first film and basically go through exactly the same motions again, maybe with a slightly different setting, a new villain and maybe some new cast members. All the known actors usually leave after the first film and get replaced by the poor man's versions of themselves.
+1!!
The best sequels go their own path and try something new. Directors/studios seem to always decide to revert to the same formula instead of taking a risk on something new.
Thanks given by:
Pizzamorg (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #1207
Suspended

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBesideArch View Post
Elizabeth Berridge in Amadeus perchance? I seem to recall something like that in the special features on the Blu-ray...
I'm pretty sure it was something more recent. But thanks for another example.

As to the film itself, I loved that film so much. I need to see it again. It's been ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
+1!!
The best sequels go their own path and try something new. Directors/studios seem to always decide to revert to the same formula instead of taking a risk on something new.
Because audiences don't tend to like films that take risks or do something new.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #1208
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
The parking garage scene in The Terminator is a perfect example. Instead of shooting the side of the car to kill Sarah, T-800 just tries to shoot Kyle.
Exactly what I was thinking about after seeing it happen again in
[Show spoiler]Genysis

I understand that it wouldn't be as exciting if they shot up the important parts of the car but
[Show spoiler]seeing bullets fly through the front window and into a driver that's not made of flesh and not going to stop.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:08 PM   #1209
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010

Exorcism scenes. They are all exactly the same and there is only one that is any good.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #1210

Jun 2015
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie The Robot View Post
I mentioned this one in another thread but I always love how junkies shoot up and instantly are high/overdose/dead. It actually takes a good 30 seconds / minute or two for drugs to take full effect.
Never dabbled in some Persian rugs I see. Don't worry they aren't for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Don't ask how I know this, but it depends on the drug really.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #1211
Expert Member

Feb 2015
Tornado Alley
Send a message via AIM to LuckyDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
Exorcism scenes. They are all exactly the same and there is only one that is any good.
I agree:

Old 07-04-2015, 09:38 PM   #1212

Jun 2015
Scotland

James Woods was classic in that. They should of made a full movie of his character.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #1213
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Bottle City of Kandor
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheMovieGuy View Post
Exactly what I was thinking about after seeing it happen again in
[Show spoiler]Genysis

I understand that it wouldn't be as exciting if they shot up the important parts of the car but
[Show spoiler]seeing bullets fly through the front window and into a driver that's not made of flesh and not going to stop.
I would imagine most people not used to shooting a gun in a high adrenaline situation will just start shooting at whatever their instincts tell them to shoot. Even if that's not a good target.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 07-04-2015, 10:18 PM   #1214

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
They always make me roll my eyes, but I have to admit that I find the exorcism/possession scenes in Penny Dreadful excellent:

Old 07-05-2015, 03:04 AM   #1215
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Bottle City of Kandor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWFORD View Post
Yes, I completely understand the reasoning behind it. But, I thought many films were aspiring for realism. And, I'm sorry, but that's just not realistic.
Heh I would eat in all my food scenes as long as they planned the scenes during times I needed to boost my blood sugar. I love the "food gone after it's been placed in the mouth" trick. I really should look for that more often in movies.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:38 AM   #1216
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

When two people are struggling to the death in the front seat/cockpit of a vehicle going at a great rate of speed, and the driver/pilot gets incapacitated or killed...instead of recognizing the immediate danger they're both in and trying to stop the vehicle, they'll completely ignore it and continue whaling the tar out of each other. It's only when one or both of them notice that they're about to plow into a stationary object at roughly 100 mph that the hero then slugs the bad guy one last time and bails out at the last possible second, while the villain just sits there and screams futilely until the vehicle impacts and erupts in as gigantic fireball. I've seen variations on this done to DEATH.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:51 AM   #1217
Suspended

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
When two people are struggling to the death in the front seat/cockpit of a vehicle going at a great rate of speed, and the driver/pilot gets incapacitated or killed...instead of recognizing the immediate danger they're both in and trying to stop the vehicle, they'll completely ignore it and continue whaling the tar out of each other. It's only when one or both of them notice that they're about to plow into a stationary object at roughly 100 mph that the hero then slugs the bad guy one last time and bails out at the last possible second, while the villain just sits there and screams futilely until the vehicle impacts and erupts in as gigantic fireball. I've seen variations on this done to DEATH.
I LOVE those scenes!
Old 07-05-2015, 03:54 AM   #1218
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Bottle City of Kandor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Be nice if just once the bad guy could swing out in the nick of time and the good guy explodes, hoping for scenes like that is why I'm pumped up for Suicide Squad.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #1219
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

The kind of films where the commentary needed to explain it takes more time to process than actually watching the film does. I just don't get the point, critics lap that shit up though so I guess that is why they're still being made.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:57 PM   #1220
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011

Scenes where characters are RIGHT NEXT to fire, lava, anything generating a great deal of heat, and never suffer any ill effects. In real life, you can't get within fifty feet of a pool of lava without getting your skin baked and your lungs seared, but in movies, just so long as you don't actually touch it, you can go blithely skipping across stepping-stones studded throughout a river of lava like it was a bubbling brook. And the same with fire...smoke inhalation never seems to phase movie characters...just don't touch the fire, and you'll be fine!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies