Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fairy Tail: Part 13 (Blu-ray)
$35.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #761

Jan 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
Did anyone grab the I Escaped From Devil's Island/Final Option double feature? I went with the DVD 4-film Adventure Pack, which is on it's way to me. I enjoy movies like Devil's Island (this one was a blind buy) but I expect lots of cheese from this film for some reason. Thoughts on the film from those who have seen it? If it turns out to be a blast I'll upgrade to the BD.
CBS used to show I Escaped from Devil's Island a lot in the early-mid 70's on their late movie (along with another Christopher George film The Thousand Plan Raid) and I watched it several times. Not bad, pretty standard 70's low-budget action film. It was released around the time of Papillion (in fact, the producers of Papillion tried to sue them) and features some of the same attributes....the brutality of the prison, bare-breasted native girls, etc. Add in a prison guard giving "purple nurples" to some of the prisoners and you have a fine B-movie!!! Enjoy!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:47 PM   #762
Banned

Jul 2014

Shout! Factory would be the perfect distributor for special edition Blu-Rays of "Eddie and the Cruisers" and "Eddie Lives".
Thanks given by:
The Great Owl (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #763
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

I was wondering if they could do a triple feature that includes F.I.S.T, Paradise Alley and Nighthawks?
"Nice night for a walk."
Old 08-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #764
Expert Member

Jul 2013
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill_Be_Back View Post
I was wondering if they could do a triple feature that includes F.I.S.T, Paradise Alley and Nighthawks?
I'd be happy with just Nighthawks.
Thanks given by:
Blu MacReady (10-03-2014), Marv Inc. (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #765

Sep 2012
House

Nighthawks - with Stallone commentary and the MPAA and universal cuts as extras.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #766

Jan 2010
Dover, Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieWilson1983 View Post
Shout! Factory would be the perfect distributor for special edition Blu-Rays of "Eddie and the Cruisers" and "Eddie Lives".
NICE Michael Pare avatar !! Thats awesome

I had hoped that they would have released "Streets of Fire" as well, but I got tired of waiting & imported the german blu-ray.

The movie looks & sounds great, but the extras won't play on some blu-ray players. But it DOES have a great load of extras including a retrospective and all the videos !!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #767
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
I'd be happy with just Nighthawks.
Nighthawks would be the one I would want the most but I wouldn't mind having the others I listed too.
"Nice night for a walk."
Old 08-23-2014, 02:59 AM   #768
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009

DVD related, but didn't know where else to ask this,

Well I just saw that Shout has released 'The Fate of Lee Khan' from King Hu in a new set, 'Martial Arts Movie Marathon Vol. 2' this past week. Does anyone know how the transfer look for this specific film? I'm a big King Hu fan, and looking to buy this set just for that film. Thanks.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/product/...marathon-vol-2
Old 08-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #769

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderBaby View Post
DVD related, but didn't know where else to ask this,

Well I just saw that Shout has released 'The Fate of Lee Khan' from King Hu in a new set, 'Martial Arts Movie Marathon Vol. 2' this past week. Does anyone know how the transfer look for this specific film? I'm a big King Hu fan, and looking to buy this set just for that film. Thanks.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/product/...marathon-vol-2
Some screen shots and basic spec info here: http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/s...8&postcount=28
Old 08-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #770
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigManDeath View Post
Some screen shots and basic spec info here: http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/s...8&postcount=28
Thanks. Looks amazing compared to how I recently seen this.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #771
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Athens, Greece

I'm beginning to love Shout Factory.
Already 5 titles I want from their January line-up. (Invaders from Mars is released in January too, right?)

By the way, why some titles get only DVD release?
E.g I see they will be releasing My Little Pony 30th anniversary on DVD only.
I would love a Bluray of that too!
Most wanted Blurays: All classic Disney animation films restored to their original look (with grain), without any re-imagining, Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Sissi Trilogy, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, Mayerling, Supergirl, Free Willy, Return to Oz, True Lies, Abyss, King Solomon's Mines/Allan Quatermain and the lost city of gold, Death in Venice, Wilde, Ulysses 31, Ducktales, Candy Candy (anime series)
Old 10-06-2014, 12:05 AM   #772
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
By the way, why some titles get only DVD release?
E.g I see they will be releasing My Little Pony 30th anniversary on DVD only.
I would love a Bluray of that too!
In regards to My Little Pony, I think I remember hearing somewhere that they don't believe cartoons sell on Blu-ray unless they're Disney. And considering they're still not even releasing Friendship is Magic on Blu-ray, I don't think the 30th anniversary of the original MLP series had any chance. That said, they have treated the movies differently, as both Equestria Girls movies got Blu-ray releases. So I wonder if maybe the original movie from 1986 will eventually see a Blu-ray release.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:39 AM   #773
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill_Be_Back View Post
Nighthawks would be the one I would want the most but I wouldn't mind having the others I listed too.
Grab the Italian edition of Paradise Alley, decent transfer, lossy audio but it's cheap
Old 10-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #774
Expert Member

Oct 2011
Ontario

Is anyone planning to order the Power Rangers Legacy collection?
I know they're DVDs, just wondering.
Trailer for my 2nd horror short: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwEhQK_P7k
Old 10-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #775
Power Member

Aug 2009
Waukee, IA

Yeah, I also have a $100 off code for the Legacy collection. PM me if you are interested.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:21 PM   #776

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDilke View Post
In regards to My Little Pony, I think I remember hearing somewhere that they don't believe cartoons sell on Blu-ray unless they're Disney. And considering they're still not even releasing Friendship is Magic on Blu-ray, I don't think the 30th anniversary of the original MLP series had any chance. That said, they have treated the movies differently, as both Equestria Girls movies got Blu-ray releases. So I wonder if maybe the original movie from 1986 will eventually see a Blu-ray release.
I hope that Shout will release Friendship is Magic on Blu-ray, they released Transformers Prime on Blu-ray, why not Friendship? If the Equestria Girls Blu-rays sell well they may release the series. I know 1 thing, I'm not buying the DVD seasons anymore, Season 4 is about $32 on DVD, that is a big ripoff. Maybe when the 2017 movie gets closer to release we'll get something, fingers crossed.
My Reaction to every true story movie from now on:
"I'll assume it ends with Dwayne Johnson grilling the finger prints off severed hands."
-The Cinema Snob (April 30, 2013)

Last edited by YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan; 10-27-2014 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors