Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hammer Horror Classics, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.47
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Toy Story of Terror! (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Scorpion: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$39.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 04-13-2015, 11:15 PM   #241
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widescreenfilmguy View Post
I read that Beauty and the Beast went back in the Disney Vault so the prices went way up. I just imported the 3D Blu with Brave 3D for $30 shipped from Amazon UK, took a while to get here but arrived on Saturday
Yes, the Vault is Disney's way of saying "Sales slowed down, so we stopped printing them till the next format arrives".

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
I almost went for the UK version of Beauty and the Beast 3D but glad I held off because I got a great deal from a fellow board member here on the US 3D version, in great shape, only thing missing was the digital copy which was fine by me. I was able to turn around and sell my 2D version, complete and in great shape, for a decent amount since its a vaulted title
Good to hear.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:45 AM   #242
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Yes, the Vault is Disney's way of saying "Sales slowed down, so we stopped printing them till the next format arrives".
Except the Vault is usually timed to create artificial scarcity -- 12 to 18 months of release per 7 years, even less for the Fantasias. It actually came from Walt's own practice of reissuing his films to theaters only for short runs every 7 years or so to keep them fresh for new generations of kids; it shifted to home video as re-releases died out, then was narrowed to the current list of 15. If anything, slow sales are likely to keep a title out longer; the most likely explanation for Aladdin taking so long to hit U.S. BD is its Platinum DVD stayed in release several years beyond when it should have gone back.
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, PDVD 14)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Chromecast; Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4; Amazon Fire Phone; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies