Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #2341

Sep 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
If that's true, then yeah, I couldn't condone that sort of behaviour. OK, Shout screwed up, but taking unearned advantage of a no questions asked replacement policy is out of order.
Are you guys serious?

Is it really that wrong that I wanted to have my replacement disc
before I bought the set?

They are still getting my money!!

I just wanted to have everything correct all at once, I also did not want to miss out if they stopped giving out replacement discs.

Now if I could have just bought the set with everything
correct in the first place that's what I would have done!

People calling me shady over such nonsense...
Old 03-27-2014, 01:00 AM   #2342
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongod2112 View Post
Are you guys serious?

Is it really that wrong that I wanted to have my replacement disc
before I bought the set?

They are still getting my money!!

I just wanted to have everything correct all at once, I also did not want to miss out if they stopped giving out replacement discs.

Now if I could have just bought the set with everything
correct in the first place that's what I would have done!

People calling me shady over such nonsense...
Agreed. You have done nothing wrong.

This has been a complete f*ck up. I have always wanted it. I buy everything I want. However avoided this because of all the hassle. Don't think I will ever get it now.
Time to overhaul. Out with the old and in with the new: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....34#post8985634

Film Diary: http://letterboxd.com/donovan/films/diary/
Old 03-27-2014, 02:08 AM   #2343
Special Member

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I received my set that I paid $2 for (Thanks Cineplex!), and I am happy to report it includes the correctly labeled discs and the correct mono tracks. So fully fixed sets are out there. I'm in Canada by the way.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:46 AM   #2344

Jul 2012
Quyon, QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I received my set that I paid $2 for (Thanks Cineplex!), and I am happy to report it includes the correctly labeled discs and the correct mono tracks. So fully fixed sets are out there. I'm in Canada by the way.
I received the same set from Cineplex (same price too ). I also confirm that this release has the corrected discs. FoF has number SF 13950.

If you guys need any pics to compare, let me know and I will be happy to snap a few after work.

As for the set itself, I have to say the discs are by far the tightest fit I've seen yet. Thankfully everything was in pristine condition.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #2345

Jul 2013
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruAskew View Post
I don't think it's shady if you intend on buying the set. I personally requested my replacement disc within minutes of ordering my set a couple months ago and even then the timing was off and I had to wait a couple days to receive it.
You ordered the set first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongod2112 View Post
Is it really that wrong that I wanted to have my replacement disc before I bought the set?
Yes.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #2346

Jan 2013

Has anybody ordered the Bruce Lee Legacy set from Amazon recently and can confirm that their sets contain the replaced Fist of fury blu-ray disc with the mandarin mono track?

I just placed an order on Amazon, then chatted with customer service regarding the issue. It turned out they weren't aware of the issue and will look into it before putting it out on sale again. But I took a chance of keeping my order :P
Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #2347
Power Member

Jul 2010

Its hilarious that people on this forum will criticize you for arranging your replacement disc ahead of time yet they'll celebrate an obvious pricing error on the complete set even though someone undoubtedly lost a ton of money on it.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
Old 04-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #2348

Jul 2013

I don't feel like i should explain myself but is anyone willing to sell me their copy of the original color corrected blu-ray disc of Fist Of Fury?
Old 04-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #2349
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

If I was to buy this set from amazon.com now, would I get the corrected set, or would I still need to get a replacement disc for the audio issue from Shout! Factory?
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Nosferatu (1979), Blood and Black Lace, Dracula (1979), L'avventura, The Vanishing (1988), Eyes Without a Face, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Without Warning, Don't Look Now (remaster), Man Bites Dog, Cannibal Holocaust, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979)
Old 04-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #2350

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thomsen View Post
If I was to buy this set from amazon.com now, would I get the corrected set, or would I still need to get a replacement disc for the audio issue from Shout! Factory?
I was wondering about the same thing. But since no one here responded to my post (2 posts above yours), I decided to buy the set from Amazon anyway. I will let you know when I get the set. After I ordered, I did contact them via the customer chat service. But it seems they didn't have a clue about this latest issue with the Fist of Fury faulty disk. They told me they would look into it, but a few days later I got an e-mail from them, where they referred to the corrected set with the true HD discs instead..well duh..I knew that from before. I responded to that, explaining the Fist of fury issue occurs after that fix from Shout. But since then I haven't got any more response. Let just hope I get a fully corrected set when it arrives
Old 04-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #2351
Power Member

Jul 2010

I don't think there's any way of knowing. You can't even go off the UPC to see if you have a v1 set anymore because some of the first sets with the original UPC have been refurbished with corrected discs.

So to clarify:

Original UPC: may have upscaled discs, may be refurbished with HD discs w/ faulty FoF, no reports of sets w/ FoF v3

2nd UPC: will have the true HD discs but may or may not have FoF v3.

The best you can do if you want to avoid the upscaled discs altogether is to avoid the original UPC, but there's no avoiding the botched HD FoF disc. You might get it, you might not.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
Old 04-10-2014, 07:25 AM   #2352

Mar 2013
-

My understanding of it is that Shout did not fix the Mandarin mono audio issue by recalling the box set yet again. Perhaps Cliff can comment at some point. But, the original set was released with upscale* image and mislabeled discs. That set was released in like August of last year. That is how you can tell which one you have if you get it. That set was recalled. Instead of printing up a whole new box set, Shout only fixed the label and upscale* issue and re-released the box set in October. All of the online stores should only be selling that recalled set. However, it was learned that somehow, the Mandarin mono track was left off of FOF blu. That is where it was left at. If people knew about the error then they could call in and get an replacement disc for that movie.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #2353

Jan 2013

Only those who are not living in the US, like me, probably won't be able to get the FoF replacement disc directly from Shout. But according to Amazon, they said that they will be happy to help me with a replacement if "the disc is faulty in their warehouse", whatever that really means But I guess they will be able to acquire the correct FoF disc if the buyer gets the wrong disc. But they did mention to me about returning the entire set for a replacement, which will be a hassle and meaningless if Shout would send out the FoF replacement disc anyway regardless of returning anything.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #2354
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken81 View Post
I was wondering about the same thing. But since no one here responded to my post (2 posts above yours), I decided to buy the set from Amazon anyway. I will let you know when I get the set.
Thank you. I would appreciate that.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Nosferatu (1979), Blood and Black Lace, Dracula (1979), L'avventura, The Vanishing (1988), Eyes Without a Face, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Without Warning, Don't Look Now (remaster), Man Bites Dog, Cannibal Holocaust, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979)
Old 04-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #2355
Power Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
You'd still need to contact them for a corrected audio for FOF. The recall was for the mislabeled discs and the audio problem was discovered after. Unfortunately, no 2nd recall. However, they have been great in responding with the replacement discs, so much that even those wh didn't yet purchase the set were able to acquire...
Gear:
Monitor Audio RS 6's 6.1
Definitive Technology Super Cube 1
Oppo BDP-103
Oppo Dv-981
Pioneer ELITE VSX-92
Panamax M 5400-EX
SAMSUNG 8500
Old 04-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #2356
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Yeah, well, I am in Europe, so I guess my chances are pretty limited.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:14 AM   #2357
Power Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Yeah, well, I am in Europe, so I guess my chances are pretty limited.
Not necessarily. There are individuals here who are assisting those like yourself with such limited options.

Gear:
Monitor Audio RS 6's 6.1
Definitive Technology Super Cube 1
Oppo BDP-103
Oppo Dv-981
Pioneer ELITE VSX-92
Panamax M 5400-EX
SAMSUNG 8500
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America