Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #21

Sep 2012
England

The Grapes of Death and The Night of the Hunted are coming to Blu-ray in March
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #22

Jan 2013

Pre-ordered! gotta upgrade my copy of Zombie Lake!

yes it sucks.. and it sucks bad! haha for whatever reason i still get a kick out of watching it.

Jess Franco never worked for me... he weird.. but also just too slow for me
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjamesconstable View Post
Was this confirmed somewhere? I really hope it's true...love both of them.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 AM   #24
Special Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
The last speculation I heard is that these titles were delayed... and Kino has already announced their March releases (which did not include these). I am sure they will come just not in March.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 AM   #25

Sep 2012
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopFilm View Post
Was this confirmed somewhere? I really hope it's true...love both of them.
'Late March': http://www.salvation-films.com/redem...nic-sluts.html
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #26

Jan 2013

Quote:
Awesome!!!!

and interviews with Lahie!!!! only a couple more Rolling films left for blu then...

I hope they pick up the rights for Mask of Medusa this year
Old 01-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #27

Sep 2012
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenebre6 View Post
I hope they pick up the rights for Mask of Medusa this year
No mention of that, but they will be releasing Sidewalks of Bangkok, Lost in New York, and The Escapees (as The Runaways) later this year.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #28
Special Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenebre6 View Post
...I hope they pick up the rights for Mask of Medusa this year
Whatever happened to the rights for Mask of Medusa? I managed to get a copy by illicit download but am surprised it's not got a legitimate release yet. Putting out only 2,000 copies as a promotion for a book then letting it rot seems like a shame.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #29

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Whatever happened to the rights for Mask of Medusa? I managed to get a copy by illicit download but am surprised it's not got a legitimate release yet. Putting out only 2,000 copies as a promotion for a book then letting it rot seems like a shame.
I got a pirate too... i heard it was only 150 copies though.. no 2000 which is even more insane
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #30
Power Member

Oct 2008
MD, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zombie- View Post
Oasis of the Zombies Blu-ray

Zombie Lake Blu-ray

I was looking at the new listings on DVDEmpire and came across these upcoming Redemption BDs and it made my day!! I may be the only one though.

There are some of the worst. I'm sure they will not sell to many of these.

Bring on some more Bava Redemption!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #31

Sep 2012
England

Redemption are also releasing Jean Rollin's 'Schoolgirl Hitchhikers' on Blu-ray on March 19th. That is one he used his 'Michel Gentil' pseudonym for, though.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #32

Sep 2012
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Whatever happened to the rights for Mask of Medusa?
Redemption: 'We're talking to the Rollin Estate about that now, but the conversations are in the earliest stages'.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #33

Oct 2009
France

The story about Rollin directing Zombie Lake is that Franco was supposed to take care of it but left the set the day before shooting was supposed to begin, given how cheap and inane the whole production was. The producer actually rewrote the script every day to reflect the dwindling budget. Eurociné then hired at the last minute Rollin, who was planning to go into vacation at the time.
Rollin admitted he had no clue of what he was actually shooting, given the continuous script changes. He did it for cash and for fun (actor Howard Vernon had the same attitude). He didn't use his usual alias, Michel Gentil, that was mostly for X-rated movies but that he used in other instances, like in 1985 cop comedy, "Ne prends pas les poulets pour des pigeons" (which could be translated as "Don't Take Coppers for Suckers"), where he also felt he was a hired hand for somebody else's project.
Eurociné finally managed to convinced Franco to honor his contract with them, and he gave them Oasis of the Zombies the next year.

The story is also that Eurociné had managed to rent a truck and 8 German uniform replicas (?) for cheap, in addition to footage from an old WW2 film, and the "studio" started these two zombie projects to take advantage of that. Eurociné is definitely an interesting company for schlock movie lovers, and an anomaly in French production, that has never been much into horror. Their late 70s early 80s productions were the worst in terms of methods, thus the most interesting. They were using lost of stock shots or footage from previous movies and they even managed to shoot an epic jungle adventure in a public park of Paris (Golden Temple Amazons).

My favorite moment in Zombie Lake is the tracking shot during which the reporter talks to the mayor in his house. The camera shows a junction box lying on the ground then follows the two characters until they seat next to a chimney. Unfortunately the chimney has a mirror and we can see for an agonizing long three or four seconds not only the cameraman but the entire crew taking care of the take, including a seated Rollin.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #34

Apr 2011
Mississippi, U.S.

I really like the artwork for Zombie Lake! May have to blind buy this. I know it's gonna be bad, but I usually have a strong stomach for this kind of stuff. Hell, I made it through Bruno Mattei's "Hell of the Living Dead" and enjoyed every sh*tty second of it!
Top 10 Most Wanted Blu-rays (1) Dark Age (2) Body Snatchers [1993] (3) Lenny (4) Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (5) The Ref (6) Warlock [1989] (7) Scars of Dracula (8) Young Guns II (9) Freeway [1996] (10) Rawhead Rex
Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #35
Special Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
Redemption: 'We're talking to the Rollin Estate about that [Mask of Medusa] now, but the conversations are in the earliest stages'.
Thanks for the information! Hopefully Mask of Medusa will get a legitimate release. I don't imagine the Rollin estate would want his work to go unappreciated.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #36
Expert Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBry View Post
Hell, I made it through Bruno Mattei's "Hell of the Living Dead" and enjoyed every sh*tty second of it!
Hell of the Living Dead might as well be Casablanca next to either of these...

...so why do I still want them on my shelf?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

I remember these films from when I rented them on VHS more than 20 years ago. I know they're terrible but, somehow, I feel compelled to grab these Blu-rays. Aside from the great artwork, I think I might enjoy the actual films a bit more because of the (hopefully) high-quality presentation. They might be worth a reappraisal. Importcds has them for $16, currently the best price on the net AFAIK, so that'll help me make up my mind.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #38

Sep 2010
Germany

Any word yet if ZOMBIE LAKE and OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES are regionfree?

I hate Redemption's lack of info in this regard. With any release they get asked several times about regioncoding and hardly ever give any answers...
Old 03-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #39

Nov 2011

I watched both Zombie Lake and Oasis of the Zombie last night on Netflix. I really liked Zombie Lake, in a good bad movie way. The zombie makeup is hilarious the story and plot (if there is one) are funny too. Some of the stuff in Zombie Lake just made me laugh.
[Show spoiler]I don't think time lines where really defined at all in this movie, Helena the little girl makes no sense. During WWII her mother and a Nazis officer have a romp in the hay and then in the next scene she is born and then some twelve years later she is a kid that lives in a time where a late sixties early seventies VW camper bus shows up, WTF.

As for Oasis of the Zombie, ugh. I did not like it at all. The movie should be called "Oasis of the Dammed with special guest's the Zombies". The zombies are in this movie for about 3 minutes total tops and do nothing but stand around a lot. There is no gore what so ever, save a quick shot or two. I do like the one eyed zombie head that was most likely operated on a stick that is featured in a few shots. I think he should get his own movie he had a funny look in his eye and I bet he would have a good back story. Maybe stick him in a sitcom for laughs. Kind of like Klaus from American Dad.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America