Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 10-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #3661

Aug 2014
North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to spacesuicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddkryten View Post
Btw has Red Museum aired in HD yet? Does anyone have screenshots of the attacking bird/hallucination?

On the DVD the bird is pixilated, something may have been wrong with the edge compositing, it almost looked as if the bird was an animated gif.
I've seen Red Museum on El Rey network once. They pretty much randomly air any episode/season from the Pilot (Season 1) to Redux/Redux II (Season 5). For some reason every episode after those two and the rest of the series (5-9) is omitted from their airtime. I assume they're remastering them. They must've played seasons 1-5 at least 3 or 4 cycles since May...it's kinda lame.
You fantasize about how you would kill me. Tell me, how would you do it?

- Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Old 10-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #3662

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava_Lander View Post
Nope, we all had long discussions in here at that time hoping that was going to be the case, but they never did.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojo134 View Post
From what i remember they did aired it after season 1 was over and before 2 started.
Fire has not aired at ANY time in Germany. If you have actually seen it in HD, it wasn't there.

Last edited by focuspuller; 10-23-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:43 PM   #3663

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacesuicide View Post
I've seen Red Museum on El Rey network once. They pretty much randomly air any episode/season from the Pilot (Season 1) to Redux/Redux II (Season 5). For some reason every episode after those two and the rest of the series (5-9) is omitted from their airtime. I assume they're remastering them. They must've played seasons 1-5 at least 3 or 4 cycles since May...it's kinda lame.
Yes. El Ray runs the episodes in order, but skips an episode randomly (which might turn up on the next run cycle. For example, The pilot has only aired twice). To make matters worse, the listing doesn't always match up what is actually airing.

El Ray has only aired episodes up to S05E02, then it repeats the cycle.

Correction: Episode S05E03

Last edited by focuspuller; 10-23-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #3664

May 2010
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb79 View Post
I know German TV ratings are different from American ratings. They frown more on violence while America censors nudity. However, maybe it was cut for time?
Cuts just for time are possible but very unlikely. Even if an older show is broadcasted 5 times a week (what you call syndication) there are no cuts. Cuts for violence on the other hand are very common. If it is to violent they can show uncut episodes only after 11pm which would mean lower ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddkryten View Post
In the UK, we often have two channels, BBC 1 and BBC 1 HD. The former is probably still outputting a PAL signal, but the latter? Set top boxes still have PAL outputs for older TVs and there are probably some legacy elements.
BBC 1 HD is also in 25fps. Well, it's 50fps interlaced. If BBC1 was 25fps and BBC1 HD 24fps different schedules were needed because the show would be over sooner on BBC1.

The X-Files is also shown in 50i BUT it's just 25p flagged as 50i for compatibility. 24p is not supported by European TV standards. There is 1080i50 and 720p60. Since X-Files is 25p you can remux it at 24p and the audio from the NTSC DVDs fits automatically.
Thanks given by:
Josh of the Decade (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #3665
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

2x07 '3' DVD to HDTV Comparisons

"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:01 AM   #3666
Special Member

Feb 2014

As always, thanks very much for the screen shot comparisons. I remember taping S2 EP7 on VHS when the episode was originally broadcast years ago & watching it several times; superb, and I liked the creepy "vampiric" horror aspect; the nightclub scenes, etc. Very goth-like vibe, and definitely one of my favorite episodes of X-files...
Thanks given by:
chip75 (Today)
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #3667
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
As always, thanks very much for the screen shot comparisons. I remember taping S2 EP7 on VHS when the episode was originally broadcast years ago & watching it several times; superb, and I liked the creepy "vampiric" horror aspect; the nightclub scenes, etc. Very goth-like vibe, and definitely one of my favorite episodes of X-files...
The first comparison looks like it could be lifted from The Hunger. It looks the business. There were some weird colour effects in the outdoor scenes and I've wondered what they looked like in HD and if they'd been redone. 3 feels completely 'alien' to other episodes, the sub-culture is still as weird as The X-Files gets and it captures Mulder's loss of Scully very well. The bit were Mulder breaks open the blood-bread reminds me of The Golden Child too. It's quite unsettling.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #3668

Jan 2014
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post

You're the first person I have come across who likes that episode, then again, I absolutely love "Space" but not many people do!
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #3669
Special Member

Feb 2014
QLD, Australia

I think Space is a thoroughly enjoyable, eerie episode.
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 06:09 PM   #3670
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

2x08 'One Breath' DVD to HDTV Comparisons

Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (Today)
Old Today, 07:03 PM   #3671

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommb84 View Post
You're the first person I have come across who likes that episode, then again, I absolutely love "Space" but not many people do!
You absolutely love "Space" but not many people do? Please. How the heck do you know how many people love or don't love that episode or any other episode for that matter? Can't you just speak for yourself? Personally I enjoyed both of those episodes.

Last edited by AmishParadise; Today at 07:07 PM.
Old Today, 07:11 PM   #3672

Jan 2014
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishParadise View Post
You absolutely love "Space" but not many people do? Please. How the heck do you know how many people love or don't love that episode or any other episode for that matter? Can't you just speak for yourself? Personally I enjoyed both of those episodes.

I was very much involved in the fandom when it was on the TV, the general consensus amongst fans was that they were both pretty poor episodes. Each to their own though.
Old Today, 07:52 PM   #3673

Jun 2014

Didn't even Chris Carter and other writers go on record talking negatively about Space. Personally I didn't see anything wrong with it, I mean there are some odd things, the aliens don't match anything we learn later on, but for a creepy little monster of the week episode it was fun.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists