Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #21
Expert Member

Jan 2008
Cooper City FL

Ughh, why is this hobby so expensive? LOL. Anyway, I am getting to the point where I think it is my receiver. When I watch my sattelite, PS3, and DMP-BD60 there is always noise coming through the speakers and no matter what I do, I cannot get rid of it. Does anyone have this problem where when they watch anything through there Pioneer receivers they hear static noise through all of their speakers?
Panasonic Plasma 1080p (TH-42FD18)Costco
Sony PS3/Panasonic DMP-BD60
Pioneer Elite VSX-03TXH
Acurus A100x3 Amplifier
Focal 706S Fronts/ Focal 700S Centre
Klipsch RSX-4 Rears
Martin Logan Dynamo Subwoofer
APC H15 Power Conditioner
Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #22
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACsader View Post
Ughh, why is this hobby so expensive? LOL. Anyway, I am getting to the point where I think it is my receiver. When I watch my sattelite, PS3, and DMP-BD60 there is always noise coming through the speakers and no matter what I do, I cannot get rid of it. Does anyone have this problem where when they watch anything through there Pioneer receivers they hear static noise through all of their speakers?
Whenever I've had issue with static noise coming through speakers its typically issue with the speaker wire/connection.
"The word fan is an obsolete word to me. It means two thing: fantastic or fanatic. Or something that hangs on a ceiling or sits on a table and blows wind in your face." - Gary Busey
Old 04-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Richmond, VA PSNetwork: MacDaddyOJack Trophy Level: 12(4%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACsader View Post
Anyway, I am getting to the point where I think it is my receiver.
I was going to say it was probably a setup error in the first place. I wouldn't call "crackling" a well documented error of the PS3 - especially since "crackling" is a characteristic of many types of AV problems. Now have an "official" thread blaming the PS3 for something that is probably not it's fault.

If you are getting this feedback on all sources, then it is probably the reciever. If you have double checked all your connections, then I would be inclined to think it's something internal..... those are the worst ones

Sony KDL-46V3000 1080p LCD
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-ray player
160GB PS3 (40GB SKU)
Onkyo TX-SR805 Reciever
Polk RTi70 towers/ surrounds
SVS 20-39 PC+ Subwoofer

Old 04-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #24
Expert Member

Jan 2008
Cooper City FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddyOJack View Post
I was going to say it was probably a setup error in the first place. I wouldn't call "crackling" a well documented error of the PS3 - especially since "crackling" is a characteristic of many types of AV problems. Now have an "official" thread blaming the PS3 for something that is probably not it's fault.

If you are getting this feedback on all sources, then it is probably the reciever. If you have double checked all your connections, then I would be inclined to think it's something internal..... those are the worst ones
This is what I am worrying about right now. That it is a problem with my receiver, which would be the most expensive thing to replace. I'm looking into it right now.
Panasonic Plasma 1080p (TH-42FD18)Costco
Sony PS3/Panasonic DMP-BD60
Pioneer Elite VSX-03TXH
Acurus A100x3 Amplifier
Focal 706S Fronts/ Focal 700S Centre
Klipsch RSX-4 Rears
Martin Logan Dynamo Subwoofer
APC H15 Power Conditioner
Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

There are plenty of high end users using a PS3 as a player with no reports of crackling, so . . . I wouldn't get too hopped up on your hearing abilities. The only popping I've ever experienced has been with the PS3 dropping/resuming HDMI output when switching resolutions. Even that is isolated to certain brands of AVRs.

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #26

Jul 2009

My cracking with the slim comes from the case expanding and contracting. Evidently it's a pretty widespread problem. After about 5 or 10 minutes, I'll hear a loud pop and sometimes another after a few more minutes have passed. It's actually pretty annoying when a movie is on.

And to think I moved my "fat" ps3 that didn't do this out of the theater just to get bitstreaming.

-TK
Projector & Screen: Panasonic PT-AE7000u 1080p 3D Projector w/HTB Anamorphic Lens & 130" 2.35:1 CIH Screen
Video: DVDO Edge Audio: Emotiva UMC-1 XPA-3 UPA-7
Speakers: eD Custom 6T6 Towers (fronts & center), Emo ERD-1 (rear), Emo UAW-8.2 (side)
Subwoofer: eD A3-300 12" Other Gear: 1100 / iPad / PS3 / HTPC w/XBMC (Aeon)
Theater / Media Room Gallery - Theater Thread
Construction Thread
Old 06-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #27
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

I think I've heard this problem.

There have been a couple of movies where the dialog just sounds wrecked. Turning it up only makes it worse. I figured my center channel was damaged but then I'll watch something else or listen to music and the problem is gone again.

I turned off Equilization and Auddesy (sp?) processing and haven't experienced it again yet. Doesn't mean it's fixed though... I'm always waiting for it to pop up again.
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 08-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #28

Oct 2008

i have ps3 slim and when i bitsreaming i hear crackling noise but when i change audio setting to lpcm crackling noise diappear completely now i can play as high as i want i guess bitsreaming on my onkyo 807 has some problem so lpcm is for me
emotiva umc-1/emotiva xpa-5/polk rti series 5.0 speakers/hsu uls 15 sub(gonna buy 2nd sub soon)/ps3 slim/epson tw 3500 1080p projector/optoma 120'' 16:9 screen,power conditioner + servo 3kva
have fun

Last edited by manu4panjab; 08-22-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #29
Expert Member

Aug 2011

I just had this problem watching The Dark Knight Rises where it popped up constantly, generally during loud action scenes. It happens on maybe 5% of the films I own though they seem to be films that should have pretty good audio (newer/blockbust titles). The sound will usually appear for maybe a couple of seconds once or twice in a film, when it does happen, but in TDKR it was awful.

To give you an idea of the type of film I've noticed it in, here are some I can remember it appearing in off the top of my head:
Tron: Legacy
Deathly Hallows Part 2
Thor
The Amazing Spider-man
Star Wars I-VI
Clone Wars Season 3
X-Men First Class

Though none were anywhere near as bad or continuous as TDKR.

My sound set up is just an HDMI from my Playstation to my Samsung TV. No sound system yet as I'm at uni and the elderly neighbours wouldn't appreciate it!

So is this a Playstation problem or might it be my TV or something else?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders