Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After you have seen it)
One Star 0 0%
Two Stars 0 0%
Three Stars 12 18.75%
Four Stars 30 46.88%
Five Stars 22 34.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #241
Banned

Nov 2008
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
I agree with your comments about
[Show spoiler]how Keller Dover would have approached Holly. And re KD being "crazy" I think that was the film's point. To show how people can be driven crazy or made into monsters which was what Holly was trying to do in her war against God. As soon as I saw her hand covered by a towel, I knew she had a gun or weapon & he should have as well since he knew what she was & what she did. I doubt I'll buy this BD either but, the acting was great.
[Show spoiler]yea I've been thinking about this movie more and more since I saw it yesterday.. I guess that is always a good sign, the acting alone definitely makes it worth a replay value.. but I'm starting to think this is one of those movies that need multiple viewings to see what you missed the first time
Old 09-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #242
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon20 View Post
I had all but the fifth estate in NC.
Same. It was glorious.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #243

Nov 2010

Watched this last night and I thought it was great. Comparable to movies like Se7en and Mystic River. Best performance I have seen from Jake G. and even Hugh Jackman.

On to the spoiler talk:
[Show spoiler]Loved the twists and turns, I really wasn't sure about the aunt being the mastermind. Thought the kid was working wiht the other spidermanlike crazy dude suspect and in the end they would find the kids and Jackman would be arrested but the kid would let it be known to him only that he knew what he was doing all the time (Primal Fear like). I was wrong but I still believe the kid could have told him far sooner if he was to be considered a sympathetic character. This guy kidnapped the girls and brought them to be imprisoned. He may have had a messed up childhood but that doesn't mean he could get away with doing what he did. He deserved the beating he got, he knew where the girls were all along.

Loki should have put the maze thing together right away at the crazy guys house where he has mazes drawn all over the place. I got it right when he opened the door to the house, why would a brilliant detective be so clueless?

As for the crazy dude, what the hell was he doing? He was obviously messed up from being taken by that couple, taking on traits from them. Was he mimicing what he knew was happening to the girls? Was he a wannabe but didn't have the guts to take it to real people? I'm going to presume he escaped by learning how to pick locks like a pro because he was like a ghost in their houses. Not sure what his deal was other than to be a red herring.

I loved the ending and think Dover was found though of course he will now do some time for his torturing of the kid. The vision he had that his daughter found the whistle and the fact that it was what saved him was great. I actually like that they didn't go ahead and show him being saved. Great ending.

Overall the movie may not be quite as dark as movies like Se7en or Mystic River but I think that is still a good thing. It does take us to the dark places and pulls us back out through the strength of its main characters.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #244
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Holbrook, NY

Saw this film today, a solid offering all-around, day 1 blu ray buy and once of the best films of 2013...not sure what I like better, Zodiac or this one, each film has its good and bad points, Jake G is someone I will be keeping an eye on for the foreseeable future...great film here in Prisoners...not a classic, but still very good...
Old 09-29-2013, 03:24 AM   #245
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

I thought it was alright. I'd give it a 7 out of 10, but if I had to score with just 5, this one gets rounded down to a 3.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #246

Jun 2013
New York

Looks really good !
Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #247

Dec 2012
UK

Saw this afternoon very impressed! JG was best performance I think
Old 09-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #248

May 2011

I saw it yesterday, and I loved it! It kept me guessing, and it wasn't very predictable either. Both Jake and Hugh were great in this movie. If only Terrence Howard could have been replaced by Don Cheadle in this film too.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #249
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

I liked it very much. I thought the movie kind of had a
[Show spoiler]Friday the 13th vibe to it.
There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 09-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #250
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
I liked it very much. I thought the movie kind of had a
[Show spoiler]Friday the 13th vibe to it.
You're going to have to explain that one.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Nightcrawler. Mr. Turner. Interstellar. The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. Godzilla. Gone Girl. The Rover. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #251
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
You're going to have to explain that one.
[Show spoiler]The "mother" was the killer/bad person in the film. I am not saying it was bad. The movie was fantastic.
There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #252
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010

I really liked the movie. Except for
[Show spoiler]the ending which leaves you guessing
Old 10-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #253

Oct 2011

Really loved this movie. Will go back and see it again this week.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #254
Banned

Nov 2008
-

looks like Warner may be pushing this out before the end of the year.. December 17th is the word on the street
Old 10-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #255
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
looks like Warner may be pushing this out before the end of the year.. December 17th is the word on the street
Probably to remind people of it's existence before the Oscars votes go in.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Nightcrawler. Mr. Turner. Interstellar. The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. Godzilla. Gone Girl. The Rover. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #256

Dec 2012
UK

How do people think this could do in cinematography category at the oscars?
Old 09-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #257
Special Member

Apr 2008
Orlando, FL

Watched this on the way back home from Tallahassee. I thought it was very good. Loved the cinematography! Definitely inspiring.

I thought it was the
[Show spoiler]son that was in on it for most of the movie and then thought it was both of the elder children.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies