Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
True Detective: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Only Yesterday (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Angry Birds Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.50
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49
Rise of the Legend (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Blu-ray)
$19.96
U2: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live in Paris (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$47.99
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Airwolf: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #4181
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
tennessee

well all i know that fans weren't that big of cut down version 2.0 remixed audio done 2000 extended release on new dvd

basically rally together to wb to get original 2.0 audio and did an exchange which wb did

that's all i'm going to say about that issue i'll just watch 5.1 on bluray ignore 2.0 version
Old 12-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #4182
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

I agree. We should all rally together to get Warner to keep pressing the same discs that have always included the theatrical audio ever since 2011.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
Old 12-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #4183
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruAskew View Post
I agree. We should all rally together to get Warner to keep pressing the same discs that have always included the theatrical audio ever since 2011.
not sure your mocking me or what if you never had the ultimate superman tin dvd set you prob wouldn't know what i'm talking about 2.0 issue

thinking i'm looney toons or something for that nature if you google superman theater 2.0 audio dvd wb exchange got corrected 2.0 then you will find out i'm not making things up

heck i never even knew 2.0 audio was mess up on dvd version until i read it online few years ago with wb offer an exchange

then again i guess most folks don't care if a movie has original dolby2.0 version in tack or if its a downmixed perfer 5.1 instead
Old 12-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #4184
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
Default Superman Motion Picture Anthology - June 7, 2011

I know exactly what you're talking about. I owned the 14-disc DVD edition and used the replacement program to get corrected Superman theatrical and Superman III discs.

These problems NEVER affected the Blu-ray release.

The 2.0 track on the Blu-ray edition of Superman is the theatrical version.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
Old 12-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #4185
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
tennessee

Quote:
I know exactly what you're talking about. I owned the 14-disc DVD edition and used the replacement program to get corrected Superman theatrical and Superman III discs.

These problems NEVER affected the Blu-ray release.
ok then its just rather strange how when i do 2.0 audio bluray there's no doorslam at the end of the main title whereas when they corrected dvd version there was a woosh and doorslam at the beginning main title
Old 12-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #4186
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
not sure your mocking me or what if you never had the ultimate superman tin dvd set you prob wouldn't know what i'm talking about 2.0 issue

thinking i'm looney toons or something for that nature if you google superman theater 2.0 audio dvd wb exchange got corrected 2.0 then you will find out i'm not making things up

heck i never even knew 2.0 audio was mess up on dvd version until i read it online few years ago with wb offer an exchange

then again i guess most folks don't care if a movie has original dolby2.0 version in tack or if its a downmixed perfer 5.1 instead
The Blu-ray was put out 6 years after the DVDs and the replacement discs.

There was no Blu-ray replacement because they got it right the first time.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:18 AM   #4187
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Australia

Can anyone with the U.S. version confirm that Superman IV doesn't include a 5.1 soundtrack and only has 2.0 Stereo?

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2015, 03:42 AM   #4188
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightopian View Post
Can anyone with the U.S. version confirm that Superman IV doesn't include a 5.1 soundtrack and only has 2.0 Stereo?

Thanks!
Yes, the audio is only in DTS-MA 2.0.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:53 AM   #4189
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
I actually enjoyed part three. It's nowhere near as good as the first two films but it's enjoyable in its own right. I don't understand the complaints about Pryor though, I thought he did a good job in this film. Maybe it's because it's not the type of role he was usually casted to play that has some people not liking the fact that he was in th film. Part four I've viewed one time and that was enough for me...
For my part I think Richard Pryor is funny, but not in that movie-- I don't think he had a single scene in the whole film that makes me laugh. The worst offender was the entire bit on the roof where he puts on the pink tablecloth. Ugh.

But I can't say I hate Superman III-- I like enough of it that I can sit through it when I'm in the mood to watch all the films. But Richard Pryor is definitely my least-favorite part of it, and he's in it a lot.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:14 AM   #4190
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
For my part I think Richard Pryor is funny, but not in that movie-- I don't think he had a single scene in the whole film that makes me laugh. The worst offender was the entire bit on the roof where he puts on the pink tablecloth. Ugh.

But I can't say I hate Superman III-- I like enough of it that I can sit through it when I'm in the mood to watch all the films. But Richard Pryor is definitely my least-favorite part of it, and he's in it a lot.
Agreed, Richard Pryor is hilarious, but not in Superman III. He was saddled with a lamebrain humor and the misfortune of being completely miscast in a genre that was still in its infancy. If he had been cast in the sidekick role instead of being the lead in a Superman movie, it would have been far better.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #4191
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
tennessee

hmm apprently i got the canada version bluray boxset sam goody last week no wonder i don't see tru hd 5.1 sound or lpcm 5.1 superman return guess i have to back sam goody soon buy back the steelbook

Last edited by y2jman; 12-12-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #4192
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
Default Superman Motion Picture Anthology - June 7, 2011

If it has the Return to Krypton deleted scene in the extras it is the new disc. The disc art should also match the others.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #4193
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
tennessee

Quote:
If it has the Return to Krypton deleted scene in the extras it is the new disc. The disc art should also match the others.
so what i have gather is that bluray boxset consist with the old superman returns bluray 5.1 audio inside? if that's the case then i'll just rebuy steelbook back sam goody again 4.99 i didn't know this since i always had steelbook version superman returns with lpcm 5.1 audio and tru hd 5.1 audio up until last thurs when i traded in steelbook use credit along with superman the movie extended and richard donner superman 2 bluray towards boxset that's very strange that the bluray in boxset they put in with old audio

Last edited by y2jman; 12-12-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #4194
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Within the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
hmm apprently i got the canada version bluray boxset sam goody last week no wonder i don't see tru hd 5.1 sound or lpcm 5.1 superman return guess i have to back sam goody soon buy back the steelbook

My Superman Returns from the US Boxed Set has DTS HD Master Audio 5.1. Bought it quite a long time ago.

Last edited by HonestJohn; 12-12-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #4195
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Yup, AFAIK the boxset version only ever had the re-authored version of Returns with DTS-HD audio. I still kept hold of my old disc though, love dat PCM.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:56 PM   #4196
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
My Superman Returns from the US Boxed Set has DTS HD Master Audio 5.1. Bought it quite a long time ago.
well thanks for clearing that up wasn't for certain now i guess when i go back to sam goody next week i gotta rebuy the steelbook again to get that good true dolby hd 5.1 sound again i don't recall lpcm 5.1 was on steelbook version it might been however oh well 4.99 isn't bad but still
Thanks given by:
HonestJohn (12-12-2015)
Old 02-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #4197

Jun 2011
Washington, D.C.

Noticed something interesting today. I was browsing my Vudu collection and noticed that sometime very recently Vudu updated my copy of Supeman The Movie. It now has a different cover, and when I watched it, the Warner Bro logo at the beginning of the movie had been updated to a silver and black metallic logo. The movie itself is the theatrical version.

What does this generally mean? Does it mean there's been a new transfer or mastering done (possibly for a 4K release)?

I only ask because last year they updated my copy of Edward Scissorhands and then a few months later they announced the release of the remastered anniversary edition.

So I'm wondering if this may be a similar scenario.

Btw.. My iTunes copy is still the same old copy I've always had.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #4198
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2010

If they do make a new remaster I hope they don't change logos or make other revisionist things!
Most wanted Blurays: All classic Disney animation films restored to their original look and colors (with grain), Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, No Mercy, Runaway, Mayerling, Supergirl, True Lies, Abyss, King Solomon's Mines, The Philadelphia Experiment (1984), Who's that Girl, Madonna Blond Ambition Tour
Foreign films: Sissi Trilogy, Death in Venice, Raise the Red Lantern, Cyrano, Indochine, Cavafy (1996)
Old 02-20-2016, 05:33 PM   #4199
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Jack View Post
Noticed something interesting today. I was browsing my Vudu collection and noticed that sometime very recently Vudu updated my copy of Supeman The Movie. It now has a different cover, and when I watched it, the Warner Bro logo at the beginning of the movie had been updated to a silver and black metallic logo. The movie itself is the theatrical version.

What does this generally mean? Does it mean there's been a new transfer or mastering done (possibly for a 4K release)?
No idea but the theatrical cut on the Anthology Blu-Ray is most definitely a new transfer. Wouldn't surprise me if they master it in 4K.
Thanks given by:
kidglov3s (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 12:11 AM   #4200

Apr 2009

Does anyone else bedsides me think that Warner Bros should release a 10th Anniversary Edition of Superman Returns on Blu-Ray later this year?

It would be a great opportunity to finally remaster the movie.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
superman