Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.96
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The X-Files: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The X-Files: The Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$192.78
The Intern (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Brooklyn (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dope (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pieces (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Hotel Transylvania 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Outlaw: Gangster VIP Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Arrow: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$16.96
Hotel Transylvania 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #4181
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
666
1055
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
I insist that that 2nd video is not the original audio.
the first one is.
don't you see it in the whoosh effect?
read the description at youtube in the first video of your post:


But even without him cofirming it, it is evident that it's the old original mix!

Maybe you posted the videos in your post in the wrong order?
I repeat, the first video IS the original mix, and the 2nd is the new mix!

now, i don't know what is on the bluray and i can't confirm about that.
yes but there's no doorslam at the end like i said back in back in 2013 i order tin set again and the superman the movie audio 2.0 did have the woosh and doorslam at the end

i also understand that they are still doing exchange disc program so if i get wrong audo 2.0 when i receive the superman 4 disc dvd wb will give me correct disc
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #4182
GuruAskew GuruAskew is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2010
395
Default

I just put in the theatrical Blu. The telltale proof that the 2.0 audio isn't a fold-down of the 5.1 mix is the shot where the dome opens on Krypton. In the 5.1 mix a sound effect was added at the moment the opening dome clears the beam of light.

When the DVD was released this was the easiest way to tell if you had the defective disc or the corrected one. If you heard the sound with the 2.0 track selected you had the fold-down.

The Blu-ray release passes this test and has ever since it was released 4+ years ago. There's a reason why you're the first person to catch this error: you are wrong. It's absurd to even consider that such a thing would go unnoticed all this time, especially when it was noticed immediately on the DVD release.

So again, people, buy away. This set does not include the 5.1-2.0 fold-down. Never has.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #4183
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
666
1055
19
Default

well all i know that fans weren't that big of cut down version 2.0 remixed audio done 2000 extended release on new dvd

basically rally together to wb to get original 2.0 audio and did an exchange which wb did

that's all i'm going to say about that issue i'll just watch 5.1 on bluray ignore 2.0 version
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #4184
GuruAskew GuruAskew is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2010
395
Default

I agree. We should all rally together to get Warner to keep pressing the same discs that have always included the theatrical audio ever since 2011.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #4185
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
666
1055
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruAskew View Post
I agree. We should all rally together to get Warner to keep pressing the same discs that have always included the theatrical audio ever since 2011.
not sure your mocking me or what if you never had the ultimate superman tin dvd set you prob wouldn't know what i'm talking about 2.0 issue

thinking i'm looney toons or something for that nature if you google superman theater 2.0 audio dvd wb exchange got corrected 2.0 then you will find out i'm not making things up

heck i never even knew 2.0 audio was mess up on dvd version until i read it online few years ago with wb offer an exchange

then again i guess most folks don't care if a movie has original dolby2.0 version in tack or if its a downmixed perfer 5.1 instead
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #4186
GuruAskew GuruAskew is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2010
395
Default Superman Motion Picture Anthology - June 7, 2011

I know exactly what you're talking about. I owned the 14-disc DVD edition and used the replacement program to get corrected Superman theatrical and Superman III discs.

These problems NEVER affected the Blu-ray release.

The 2.0 track on the Blu-ray edition of Superman is the theatrical version.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:49 PM   #4187
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
666
1055
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruAskew View Post
I know exactly what you're talking about. I owned the 14-disc DVD edition and used the replacement program to get corrected Superman theatrical and Superman III discs.

These problems NEVER affected the Blu-ray release.
ok then its just rather strange how when i do 2.0 audio bluray there's no doorslam at the end of the main title whereas when they corrected dvd version there was a woosh and doorslam at the beginning main title
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:50 PM   #4188
kidglov3s kidglov3s is online now
Power Member
 
kidglov3s's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
not sure your mocking me or what if you never had the ultimate superman tin dvd set you prob wouldn't know what i'm talking about 2.0 issue

thinking i'm looney toons or something for that nature if you google superman theater 2.0 audio dvd wb exchange got corrected 2.0 then you will find out i'm not making things up

heck i never even knew 2.0 audio was mess up on dvd version until i read it online few years ago with wb offer an exchange

then again i guess most folks don't care if a movie has original dolby2.0 version in tack or if its a downmixed perfer 5.1 instead
The Blu-ray was put out 6 years after the DVDs and the replacement discs.

There was no Blu-ray replacement because they got it right the first time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:18 AM   #4189
Nightopian Nightopian is offline
Senior Member
 
Nightopian's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Australia
1750
Default

Can anyone with the U.S. version confirm that Superman IV doesn't include a 5.1 soundtrack and only has 2.0 Stereo?

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:42 AM   #4190
motorheadache95 motorheadache95 is offline
Special Member
 
motorheadache95's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightopian View Post
Can anyone with the U.S. version confirm that Superman IV doesn't include a 5.1 soundtrack and only has 2.0 Stereo?

Thanks!
Yes, the audio is only in DTS-MA 2.0.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:53 AM   #4191
motorheadache95 motorheadache95 is offline
Special Member
 
motorheadache95's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
I actually enjoyed part three. It's nowhere near as good as the first two films but it's enjoyable in its own right. I don't understand the complaints about Pryor though, I thought he did a good job in this film. Maybe it's because it's not the type of role he was usually casted to play that has some people not liking the fact that he was in th film. Part four I've viewed one time and that was enough for me...
For my part I think Richard Pryor is funny, but not in that movie-- I don't think he had a single scene in the whole film that makes me laugh. The worst offender was the entire bit on the roof where he puts on the pink tablecloth. Ugh.

But I can't say I hate Superman III-- I like enough of it that I can sit through it when I'm in the mood to watch all the films. But Richard Pryor is definitely my least-favorite part of it, and he's in it a lot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:14 AM   #4192
Lt. Brannigan Lt. Brannigan is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Lt. Brannigan's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Idaho
564
696
19
3
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
For my part I think Richard Pryor is funny, but not in that movie-- I don't think he had a single scene in the whole film that makes me laugh. The worst offender was the entire bit on the roof where he puts on the pink tablecloth. Ugh.

But I can't say I hate Superman III-- I like enough of it that I can sit through it when I'm in the mood to watch all the films. But Richard Pryor is definitely my least-favorite part of it, and he's in it a lot.
Agreed, Richard Pryor is hilarious, but not in Superman III. He was saddled with a lamebrain humor and the misfortune of being completely miscast in a genre that was still in its infancy. If he had been cast in the sidekick role instead of being the lead in a Superman movie, it would have been far better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #4193
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
666
1055
19
Default

hmm apprently i got the canada version bluray boxset sam goody last week no wonder i don't see tru hd 5.1 sound or lpcm 5.1 superman return guess i have to back sam goody soon buy back the steelbook

Last edited by y2jman; 12-12-2015 at 09:17 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #4194
GuruAskew GuruAskew is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2010
395
Default Superman Motion Picture Anthology - June 7, 2011

If it has the Return to Krypton deleted scene in the extras it is the new disc. The disc art should also match the others.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #4195
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
666
1055
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruAskew View Post
If it has the Return to Krypton deleted scene in the extras it is the new disc. The disc art should also match the others.
so what i have gather is that bluray boxset consist with the old superman returns bluray 5.1 audio inside? if that's the case then i'll just rebuy steelbook back sam goody again 4.99 i didn't know this since i always had steelbook version superman returns with lpcm 5.1 audio and tru hd 5.1 audio up until last thurs when i traded in steelbook use credit along with superman the movie extended and richard donner superman 2 bluray towards boxset that's very strange that the bluray in boxset they put in with old audio

Last edited by y2jman; 12-12-2015 at 10:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:24 PM   #4196
HonestJohn HonestJohn is offline
Power Member
 
HonestJohn's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Within the Woods
628
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
hmm apprently i got the canada version bluray boxset sam goody last week no wonder i don't see tru hd 5.1 sound or lpcm 5.1 superman return guess i have to back sam goody soon buy back the steelbook

My Superman Returns from the US Boxed Set has DTS HD Master Audio 5.1. Bought it quite a long time ago.

Last edited by HonestJohn; 12-12-2015 at 11:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:42 PM   #4197
Geoff D Geoff D is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
979
2
3
Default

Yup, AFAIK the boxset version only ever had the re-authored version of Returns with DTS-HD audio. I still kept hold of my old disc though, love dat PCM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #4198
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
666
1055
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
My Superman Returns from the US Boxed Set has DTS HD Master Audio 5.1. Bought it quite a long time ago.
well thanks for clearing that up wasn't for certain now i guess when i go back to sam goody next week i gotta rebuy the steelbook again to get that good true dolby hd 5.1 sound again i don't recall lpcm 5.1 was on steelbook version it might been however oh well 4.99 isn't bad but still
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
HonestJohn (12-13-2015)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
superman

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:12 PM.