Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.96
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The X-Files: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The X-Files: The Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$192.78
The Intern (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Brooklyn (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dope (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pieces (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Hotel Transylvania 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Outlaw: Gangster VIP Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Arrow: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$16.96
Hotel Transylvania 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers


View Poll Results: What Speakers do you own?
Paradigm 147 55.47%
Paradigm Reference 94 35.47%
Combination of both Paradigm/Paradigm Reference 24 9.06%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #4141
JohnMou JohnMou is offline
New Member
 
Sep 2015
Default

Hi,

I'm gonna buy a pair of loudspeakers within the next few hours and i'm torn between paradigm 7se's with stands for 100$ or 9s for 125... i can't make my mind on which ones i should grab... it'll be paired with a denon amp from the early 2000's(which i cant remember the model number).

i know the main differences between 7se and 9se but i wanna know if the 9s perform as good as the 9se's

Plz ahlp
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #4142
vettesweetnos vettesweetnos is offline
Active Member
 
vettesweetnos's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
28
4432
1517
1
102
Default

My studio setup from the first post has been updated with a denon x4100. Not a huge difference from the Onkyo 1007 but does sound better.
Panasonic 65" p65vt60 hung
Paradigm Studio 60s, cc-590, adp-590s
SV Sound pb13 ultra
Denon AVR-X4100W
Oppo bdp-103, PS3, Wii U
Gaming pc -HP zr30w monitor, core i7 2600k oc, Asus P8Z68 DeluxeGen3 mobo, 16gb Corsair vengeance ram, Evga GTX 980 ti , Samsung840 raid0, Antec HCP-1300 psu, Silverstone TJ11 case
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:51 AM   #4143
kopkiwi kopkiwi is offline
Expert Member
 
kopkiwi's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Wellington, NZ
5
248
2
2
Default

Does anyone have the Prestige 75F speakers?

Been trying to find some impressions or reviews but can only find stuff for the 95s
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:15 AM   #4144
kopkiwi kopkiwi is offline
Expert Member
 
kopkiwi's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Wellington, NZ
5
248
2
2
Default

Anyone?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 11:26 PM   #4145
Scarriere Scarriere is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Scarriere's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Diamond Capital of North America™
31
394
15
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
Does anyone have the Prestige 75F speakers?

Been trying to find some impressions or reviews but can only find stuff for the 95s
I heard them today at my local dealer and they're pretty fricken awesome!
I listened to Monitor 11's, Studio 60's and Prestige 75's. The 60's and 75's are definitely a step above the 11's, but it gets a bit cloudy after that.
The 60's were closer together, while the 75's were further apart. I listened to music on the 60's and was impressed. I watched some of Mocking Jay I and was blown away. My Dealer is accommodating and we could've moved speakers around got a better idea of 60's v.s. 75's but I was only trying to decide between the 11's and 60's.
kopkiwi, I can tell you without reservation that the 75F's are excellent speakers. If they, or the 95F's were in my budget, I'd be all over them. I'd think that the only difference between the two is the size of the room you want them in.
When nothing is going right...go left.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #4146
kopkiwi kopkiwi is offline
Expert Member
 
kopkiwi's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Wellington, NZ
5
248
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
I heard them today at my local dealer and they're pretty fricken awesome!
I listened to Monitor 11's, Studio 60's and Prestige 75's. The 60's and 75's are definitely a step above the 11's, but it gets a bit cloudy after that.
The 60's were closer together, while the 75's were further apart. I listened to music on the 60's and was impressed. I watched some of Mocking Jay I and was blown away. My Dealer is accommodating and we could've moved speakers around got a better idea of 60's v.s. 75's but I was only trying to decide between the 11's and 60's.
kopkiwi, I can tell you without reservation that the 75F's are excellent speakers. If they, or the 95F's were in my budget, I'd be all over them. I'd think that the only difference between the two is the size of the room you want them in.
Thanks for the post mate.

Room size is 4.7m x 5m. Was contemplating stretching the budget for the 85Fs
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:14 AM   #4147
gatomalo gatomalo is offline
Active Member
 
gatomalo's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Allentown, PA
6
Red face

Wow, it's been awhile that I've been here. Hate to change the subject, but it's the only way I know how to post on this thread. Question: I have a elite sc-27 receiver, 140 wpc. I biwire my paradigm studio 100s, since I'm only going 5.1, and not 7.1. The problem that I'm having is when in 2 channel stage, so I can listen to my records, my towers sound clear, but the bass is shitty! No thump, no boom. All those drivers and not to mention the cost, what do you guys suggest?
[SIZE="2"][B][I]Paradigm Studio 100's v.5 ~ Paradigm CC690 v.5 ~ Paradigm ADP590 v.5 ~ Pioneer Elite SC27 AVR ~ Samsung 55" 240hz LED 8000 ~ PS3 ~ Monster Power Center HTS3500 ~ DVR-Directv ~ SVS PB13-Ultra ~ Xbox 360 Kinect
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:25 AM   #4148
solarrdadd solarrdadd is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA
255
962
4
38
225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatomalo View Post
Wow, it's been awhile that I've been here. Hate to change the subject, but it's the only way I know how to post on this thread. Question: I have a elite sc-27 receiver, 140 wpc. I biwire my paradigm studio 100s, since I'm only going 5.1, and not 7.1. The problem that I'm having is when in 2 channel stage, so I can listen to my records, my towers sound clear, but the bass is shitty! No thump, no boom. All those drivers and not to mention the cost, what do you guys suggest?
Bi-wiring them should not cause this. I suspect your issue is in your receiver. I have my fronts bi-wired. What do you have them crossed over at? This is important depending on if your set up to play 2.0 vs 2.1 my system has a set I g to allow me to do 2.0 direct so everything g goes to my L&R when listening to music.

Check your settings. Also, what's your source, are you playing something that's bass heavy and your not feeling it? Is it only when listening g to records? How about digital or other analog sources that are 2.0?
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim x2 & XBOX 360 Elite, iPhone6+ 128gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi x2, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB Power supply, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-700, UPA-200, & mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12, Pro-Ject Debut 3 TT, Polk Audio SDA-2 & Monitor 10A/5A Peerless Tweeters
NY GIANTS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:10 PM   #4149
gatomalo gatomalo is offline
Active Member
 
gatomalo's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Allentown, PA
6
Smile

Thx for replying Solar. Let me double check to see where I'm crossed at. BTW, for a 2.0, what do you suggest?
[SIZE="2"][B][I]Paradigm Studio 100's v.5 ~ Paradigm CC690 v.5 ~ Paradigm ADP590 v.5 ~ Pioneer Elite SC27 AVR ~ Samsung 55" 240hz LED 8000 ~ PS3 ~ Monster Power Center HTS3500 ~ DVR-Directv ~ SVS PB13-Ultra ~ Xbox 360 Kinect
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #4150
Krelldog1977 Krelldog1977 is offline
Active Member
 
Krelldog1977's Avatar
 
May 2009
13
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatomalo View Post
Wow, it's been awhile that I've been here. Hate to change the subject, but it's the only way I know how to post on this thread. Question: I have a elite sc-27 receiver, 140 wpc. I biwire my paradigm studio 100s, since I'm only going 5.1, and not 7.1. The problem that I'm having is when in 2 channel stage, so I can listen to my records, my towers sound clear, but the bass is shitty! No thump, no boom. All those drivers and not to mention the cost, what do you guys suggest?
gato - I just sent you a private message, let me know your thoughts.
PBN Montana Loudspeakers: EPS-2, SPC-3, Mini Monitors. Wyred 4 Sound MMC amplifier and a Yamaha CX-A5100 pre/pro. Interconnects are Audioquest Red River ( XLRs )
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #4151
Yahzi Yahzi is offline
Member
 
Apr 2013
Default

Hi everyone,

I have the Studio 20, CC690 and ADP590 surrounds in gloss black finish and I need some advice on cleaning them.

I have no idea how to clean these speakers! I left home for a few weeks as I was on business and when I got back there was a thick layer of dust that had covered the surface. I used a wet cloth and had to wipe hard to clean the dust away.

On drying, I see there are lots of micro scratches in the finish. Like I said, I have no idea how to properly clean piano black and I need a step by step on how to do this properly.

Please advise. Also, can one repair micro scratches in the finish? I really want these speakers to look great as when I first bought them, so any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:09 PM   #4152
Yahzi Yahzi is offline
Member
 
Apr 2013
Default

Can someone please help me?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #4153
solarrdadd solarrdadd is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA
255
962
4
38
225
Default

paradigm owners here are not on the Blu-ray.com payroll, you will have to be patient. didn't you notice the last time this thread was posted in before you posted in it yesterday? someone will help you, sit tight and relax!
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim x2 & XBOX 360 Elite, iPhone6+ 128gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi x2, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB Power supply, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-700, UPA-200, & mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12, Pro-Ject Debut 3 TT, Polk Audio SDA-2 & Monitor 10A/5A Peerless Tweeters
NY GIANTS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #4154
Spookymulder Spookymulder is offline
Active Member
 
Spookymulder's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Albuquerque, NM
231
Default

Why not contact Paradigm directly?

You've purchased a lot of gear from them. Might as well get the answer directly from the source
PSN: cezbaggins
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #4155
GAWD GAWD is offline
Special Member
 
GAWD's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahzi View Post
Hi everyone,

I have the Studio 20, CC690 and ADP590 surrounds in gloss black finish and I need some advice on cleaning them.

I have no idea how to clean these speakers! I left home for a few weeks as I was on business and when I got back there was a thick layer of dust that had covered the surface. I used a wet cloth and had to wipe hard to clean the dust away.

On drying, I see there are lots of micro scratches in the finish. Like I said, I have no idea how to properly clean piano black and I need a step by step on how to do this properly.

Please advise. Also, can one repair micro scratches in the finish? I really want these speakers to look great as when I first bought them, so any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I use a Piano Cleaner to clean my Gloss speakers.

You can also look into some guitar cleaners. They use their stuff to clean sweat and grit off their 2000$ guitars without ruining the finish. I've had good luck with Gibson Pump Polish. Left my speakers with a mirror finish.

As for the scratches see how they look after a proper clean and polish...and always always use a 100% cotton cleaning cloth. Nothing abrasive
Home Theater - 11.2 - Onkyo - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

2 Channel -Anthem - Monitor Audio


Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous


Hammers of the Gods (subwoofer build) http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220204
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #4156
Troll2fan Troll2fan is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Troll2fan's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
Benicia, CA
27
605
50
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahzi View Post
Hi everyone,

I have the Studio 20, CC690 and ADP590 surrounds in gloss black finish and I need some advice on cleaning them.

I have no idea how to clean these speakers! I left home for a few weeks as I was on business and when I got back there was a thick layer of dust that had covered the surface. I used a wet cloth and had to wipe hard to clean the dust away.

On drying, I see there are lots of micro scratches in the finish. Like I said, I have no idea how to properly clean piano black and I need a step by step on how to do this properly.

Please advise. Also, can one repair micro scratches in the finish? I really want these speakers to look great as when I first bought them, so any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I use the cleaner below, soft microfiber cloths, and I don't spray the cleaner directly on my speakers.

Samsung UN85HU8550
Oppo BDP-103d/PS3 & PS4
Denon AVR-X4100W & Emotiva XPA-5
Furman Elite-20 PFi
ClearAudio Concept turntable
Paradigm Studio 100s/Millenia 30/SA-ADP/SA-30
SVS PC13-Ultra & PC12-Plus
Salamander Synergy 323 AV Cabinet
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official Klipsch Speakers Thread Speakers prerich 2413 02-05-2016 02:43 PM
The Official Paradigm Subwoofer Owners Thread Subwoofers Big Daddy 277 11-26-2015 07:01 PM
The Official B&W Speakers Thread Speakers allstar780 2024 10-11-2015 03:26 PM
The Official Dali Speakers Thread Speakers Big Daddy 227 07-09-2013 08:02 PM
The Official Sony Speakers Thread Speakers MrRoy 2 08-02-2010 11:44 PM

Tags
paradigm, reference, speakers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:18 PM.