Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete Ninth Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Expanse: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$20.49
Peanuts: Holiday Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Pillars of the Earth (Blu-ray)
$11.14
House of Cards: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans: Season 1 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$47.28
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$42.89
American Gods: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$27.49
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Sherlock: The Abominable Bride (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Sailor Moon Crystal: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$52.59
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 03-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #761

Jan 2011
Michigan

Anyone have a picture of the slip yet??
SEARCHING:
POP! Heisenberg (Blue Crystal)
POP! Jesse Pinkman (Beat Up)
Trick 'R Treat Slip Cover
Best Buy WALL-E Steel Book
Old 03-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #762
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.

Rewatched the last season. Man, I miss this show. This is one of the few shows that was completely innovative and successful with its last season, reinventing it to close it out. Love it.
Thanks given by:
master gandhi (03-11-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 09:59 PM   #763
Power Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_who View Post
Rewatched the last season. Man, I miss this show. This is one of the few shows that was completely innovative and successful with its last season, reinventing it to close it out. Love it.
Agreed! I watch a few episodes from a random season at least once a month. There are no bad episodes.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:11 AM   #764
Special Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

The fifth season is currently premiering in the UK on Dave on Sunday nights at 11 pm. Double bills each Sunday. Very funny stuff. There hasn't been an episode so far which I've been disappointed in.
Film holy grail titles: Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, Coda, Death Carries a Cane, Death Steps in the Dark, Death Will Have Your Eyes, Edge of the Axe, Killer Without a Face, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Next of Kin, The Night Brings Charlie, Phobia, Puzzle, Too Scared to Scream

TV holy grail titles: Bosch, Cardinal, Falcon Crest: Season 4, The Hitchhiker, Knots Landing, Lady Blue, Leg Work, A Man Called Hawk, Midnight Caller, Freddy's Nightmares, Red Shoe Diaries, Stranger Things
Old 02-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #765
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Delaware

They have the DVDs of the Complete Series for $26.99 on Amazon currently. It's out of stock temporarily but you can lock in your price.

I just blind bought this because of all the rave reviews of it. Did I invest wisely?

-The only two substantial comedies I own in home media so far is Psych and Chuck...Monk may count, though.-
I has Steam. All interested parties, message me at The Laughing Mann for gameplay and the like.

"We are the devils drawing our own damn dirty deals from the world. The hardest deal of all is where we get nothing and the world gets everything."
Old 02-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #766
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
They have the DVDs of the Complete Series for $26.99 on Amazon currently. It's out of stock temporarily but you can lock in your price.

I just blind bought this because of all the rave reviews of it. Did I invest wisely?

-The only two substantial comedies I own in home media so far is Psych and Chuck...Monk may count, though.-
It's one of my favorite TV shows. Great cast, and very funny. It's kind of in the same filming style as The Office, in the sense of it being shot like a documentary of sorts. It's very well done, and the whole thing feels like it's capturing a living breathing city. Worst case, even if you don't like it, you could sell it and very likely get back your money, and then some.

I would also say to stick with it until at least season 2. The first season is a little rougher in my opinion, and there are some newer characters added around season 2 or 3 that really make the show that much better.

I just received my order of the box set today. I had previously watched them via Netflix (as well as The Office). They're both still on there.

Last edited by MifuneFan; 02-06-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:39 PM   #767
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Alabama
Send a message via AIM to kevin87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
It's one of my favorite TV shows. Great cast, and very funny. It's kind of in the same filming style as The Office, in the sense of it being shot like a documentary of sorts. It's very well done, and the whole thing feels like it's capturing a living breathing city. Worst case, even if you don't like it, you could sell it and very likely get back your money, and then some.

I would also say to stick with it until at least season 2. The first season is a little rougher in my opinion, and there are some newer characters added around season 2 or 3 that really make the show that much better.

I just received my order of the box set today. I had previously watched them via Netflix (as well as The Office). They're both still on there.
Yeah, it takes a bit of time to get to where it's fantastic... season 1 wasn't that good, it starts getting better in s2, but s3 is where it comes into it's own. If you can stick with it that long, you'll be rewarded.
I have a full Star Wars: The Force Awakens unused code, willing to trade for these movies... or maybe even just any movie I don't have.

Looking for Killjoys: Season One and Outlander S1V1 and V2 slipcovers.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:49 PM   #768

Jan 2011
Michigan

I thought a reunion was coming or something lol. but yeah, it is one of the best series
SEARCHING:
Old 02-06-2017, 09:20 PM   #769
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Yeah, it takes a bit of time to get to where it's fantastic... season 1 wasn't that good, it starts getting better in s2, but s3 is where it comes into it's own. If you can stick with it that long, you'll be rewarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
I thought a reunion was coming or something lol. but yeah, it is one of the best series
Something about the Office felt off to me, but...

Would you say between the two...THIS or the Office?
I has Steam. All interested parties, message me at The Laughing Mann for gameplay and the like.

"We are the devils drawing our own damn dirty deals from the world. The hardest deal of all is where we get nothing and the world gets everything."
Old 02-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #770
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
Something about the Office felt off to me, but...

Would you say between the two...THIS or the Office?
I wrote this in the deals thread for this the other day

Quote:
I love both shows, but Parks is far and away the better of the two in my opinion. The Office takes a bit longer to get into, and it can kind of seem a bit repetitive in terms of structure, and antics once you start watching it (which isn't really all bad). Some of the seasons, especially the latter half of the series gets worse due to some changes that happen, but still watchable, and definitely still some funny moments. Steve Carell did a great job on the show. At first I couldn't stand his sliminess, but he changes over the course of the show, and you can't help but love him in the end.

Parks is just a much funnier show, with a broader canvas to work with. So, rather than being mostly limited to the Office set, it has the whole city of Pawnee to make stories out of, and so we see a deeper set of extended characters, which we all get to learn about their little quirks, etc.. The main cast however is just amazing. I mean, this is the show that put Chris Pratt on the map, and also boasts the talent of Aziz Ansari, Aubrey Plaza, Nick Offerman, and Rashida Jones () among others. Amy Pohler is a protagonist that you can't help but love, and root for. The first season is their roughest in my opinion, but starting into the 2nd, it gets much funnier, and by the third season they've hit their stride, and it just gets better and better.

Overall, I think both have left their mark on television with some memorable characters, and if you watch them all the way through, you will care about their lives, and laugh and cry right along with them.
Thanks given by:
TheLaughingMann (02-06-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 01:29 AM   #771

Jan 2011
Michigan

Hmm that's really tough between office and parks. I can't pick
SEARCHING:
Old 02-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #772
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

I really liked The Office but I thought it's quality really went downhill the last two seasons after
[Show spoiler]Steve Carell left the show
. I don't think it was purely
[Show spoiler]Carell leaving
, I just thought the show had run it's course like many shows do once they've been on the air a long time. I agree with the others who said that Parks & Rec's first season wasn't great (although The Office didn't start great either) but they got it figured out by the start of season two and I never thought there was a dip in quality the final six seasons. Season three might be my favorite season ever from a TV comedy.

Last edited by neoz; 02-08-2017 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #773
Special Member

Oct 2009

I want to mention that P&R (and the Office)'s first season is only six episodes. So take that into account.
Top 10 Favorite Movies: 1. The General 2. City Lights 3. The Third Man 4. The Night of the Hunter 5. Vertigo 6. A Hard Day's Night 7. Chinatown 8. Brazil 9. Before Sunrise 10. The Royal Tenenbaums

I hear the world in mono, view it in VistaVision, and see it in both Technicolor and Black & White.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #774
Power Member

Nov 2009
Montana

The thing I like about Parks and Rec is that most shows usually start off good, hit a high, and then the quality dips towards the end. I thought Parks and Rec started off slow and the seasons just kept getting better all the way through to the end. There was no dip in quality the last few seasons like most shows suffer from.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:11 PM   #775
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
I really liked The Office but I thought it's quality really went downhill the last two seasons after
. I don't think it was purely
, I just thought the show had run it's course like many shows do once they've been on the air a long time. I agree with the others who said that Parks & Rec's first season wasn't great (although The Office didn't start great either) but they got it figured out by the start of season two and I never thought there was a dip in quality the final six seasons. Season three might be my favorite season ever from a TV comedy.
You should put
in spoilers
Old 02-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #776
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
You should put
in spoilers
The fact Steve Carell left the show is not a spoiler. It happened six years ago, was covered widely by the media leading up to his departure, and the show spent half a season preparing for his exit.
Thanks given by:
TheLaughingMann (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 03:50 PM   #777
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
The fact
is not a spoiler. It happened six years ago, was covered widely by the media leading up to
[Show spoiler]his departure
, and the show spent half a season preparing for his exit.
I didn't know when I started watching the office last year. It was accidentally spoiled to me around season 5, and I would have preferred not knowing. It doesn't really matter how old the show is. Not everyone knows, and it's just common courtesy.. It's not like it's even that hard. I spoilered it for you, just copy and paste it back into your original post.

Last edited by MifuneFan; 02-07-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #778
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Delaware

Quote:
I didn't know when I started watching the office last year. It was accidentally spoiled to me around season 5, and I would have preferred not knowing. It doesn't really matter how old the show is. Not everyone knows, and it's just common courtesy.. It's not like it's even that hard. I spoilered it for you, just copy and paste it back into your original post.
Yeah, I knew of Carell leaving the show from the media.

In any case, my DVD set's ordered and pending restock and delivery. Can't beat 7 seasons at under $4/each.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows