Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
7 hrs ago
Jurassic World 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59

The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99
18 hrs ago
Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.97

Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Thunder and the House of Magic (Blu-ray)
$8.43

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.15

National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Banned

Mar 2010
Paramount Tad The Lost Explorer (2013) Blu-ray 3D [Region Locked / Free]

http://www.amazon.es/dp/B009LJZF1K

Just ordered this from Spain. Never heard of it but its got 3 5 star reviews so far, will let y'all know if its worth picking up
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #2

Feb 2011
CA

thanks for sharing. If the price goes down I'll definitely pick it up!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Banned

Mar 2010

Lets hope it's better than Ronan the Barbarian and its crap 3D & forced French subtitles
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Banned

Mar 2010

It isn't

Despite being listed as English language there are four count em FOUR Spanish tracks only on the 3D disc and NO ENGLISH SUBTITLES!!!!

That doesn't really matter as the major concern is the film is presented in side by side 3D at a horrifically low bit rate and it is a totally UNWATCHABLE mess!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS EVEN IF YOU SPEAK SPANISH!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #5

Feb 2012
Canada

I've got the trailer in 3D and it looks pretty good. Been looking out for it, but no english is a deal breaker.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #6
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
It isn't

Despite being listed as English language there are four count em FOUR Spanish tracks only on the 3D disc and NO ENGLISH SUBTITLES!!!!

That doesn't really matter as the major concern is the film is presented in side by side 3D at a horrifically low bit rate and it is a totally UNWATCHABLE mess!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS EVEN IF YOU SPEAK SPANISH!
Sorry to hear about that Impossible. How was the movie though, even in Spanish? How would you rate the 3D: weak, medium, strong? I'll take your word on this, as I know your 3D standards are high; with Sammy Turtle 3D as an example.

At a cheaper price, Side by side can still look good for the 3D for certain movies.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Sorry to hear about that Impossible. How was the movie though, even in Spanish? How would you rate the 3D: weak, medium, strong? I'll take your word on this, as I know your 3D standards are high; with Sammy Turtle 3D as an example.

At a cheaper price, Side by side can still look good for the 3D for certain movies.
I could not watch it for any more than 5 minutes the PQ was SOOOOO bad. The 'scenery' looked fine but any object (including the characters) that moved inside it were all blurred around the edges and looked like a fuzzy ball placed in each scene. I have download side by side low res rips that looked a million times better.

Honestly I don't know how they get away with releasing something so terrible.

It is a Paramount title as well which is truly shocking!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #8

Aug 2011
Christchurch, New Zealand
USA Tad The Lost Explorer (2013) Blu-ray 3D [Region Locked / Free]

Ok so who's seen this movie...

Tad: The Lost Explorer 3D Blu-ray
(available now (Oct 2013) as Walmart exclusive)

Just finished watching it tonight and can honestly say its not too bad...it is I guess you could say more aimed at younger kids and looks/sounds like it could easily slot into a "Saturday morning TV" timeslot. The soundtrack to me seemed a little flat and the acting a little forced at times - although lets be honest this isnt a big budget production - yet it could teach a few big budget companies a thing or two about 3d Presentations!

That said it's still not all bad - theres some great moments in this "indiana jones" styled movie....and for some reason it seems to come together ok! The colors are great throughout with all settings recieving what you would expect to be "correct lighting" and coloration. The story is nothing new...and I guess a little predictable, but there is enough of a twist to keep you interested...

The 3D in some parts is spectacular, with plenty of depth and the odd pop-out thrown in - there are however a few issues with the presentation - with a few "eye stretcher scenes"

The biggest however is early in the movie where the animators made a quick "patch up" job on some of the animation (obviously for different release zones.) The issue happens in the airport scene where the ticket is presented - I almost went cross-eyed trying to figure it out for the start - but on closer inspection TWO different airlines are displayed on the top if the ticket - one in the left eye channel and one in the right - the result a jumbled image! this same issue is continued on the tail of a parked plane as well....this issue kinda detracts from the movie somewhat and makes you think you are watching a "low budget" rushed movie.

Overall though its a pretty good presentation - detail in some of the animation is second to none, take a look at some of the fabric on costumes and the detail in rope etc etc.....

Seems to me that there may be some great 3D titles out there tucked away from "general release"

Its worth a look....
Chris
It's 3D for Me!

Last edited by Deciazulado; 10-12-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #9

Mar 2013
Australia

Awesome review. I know of one person who has seen it, hotandserious. He posted the cover yesterday and I thought it looked like a pretty good movie. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
Banned

Mar 2010

I have the awful side by side version without the English track needless to say I haven't watched it.

I may give the 2D version a spin as the film itself has had pretty decent reviews.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzScreamindemon View Post
Ok so who's seen this movie....
[Show spoiler]
]

Just finished watching it tonight and can honestly say its not too bad...it is I guess you could say more aimed at younger kids and looks/sounds like it could easily slot into a "Saturday morning TV" timeslot. The soundtrack to me seemed a little flat and the acting a little forced at times - although lets be honest this isnt a big budget production - yet it could teach a few big budget companies a thing or two about 3d Presentations!

That said it's still not all bad - theres some great moments in this "indiana jones" styled movie....and for some reason it seems to come together ok! The colors are great throughout with all settings recieving what you would expect to be "correct lighting" and coloration. The story is nothing new...and I guess a little predictable, but there is enough of a twist to keep you interested...

The 3D in some parts is spectacular, with plenty of depth and the odd pop-out thrown in - there are however a few issues with the presentation - with a few "eye stretcher scenes"

The biggest however is early in the movie where the animators made a quick "patch up" job on some of the animation (obviously for different release zones.) The issue happens in the airport scene where the ticket is presented - I almost went cross-eyed trying to figure it out for the start - but on closer inspection TWO different airlines are displayed on the top if the ticket - one in the left eye channel and one in the right - the result a jumbled image! this same issue is continued on the tail of a parked plane as well....this issue kinda detracts from the movie somewhat and makes you think you are watching a "low budget" rushed movie.

Overall though its a pretty good presentation - detail in some of the animation is second to none, take a look at some of the fabric on costumes and the detail in rope etc etc.....

Seems to me that there may be some great 3D titles out there tucked away from "general release"

Its worth a look....
Chris
Thanks Chris for the news on the 3D. Sounds like when they rendered out the left and right eye files, they didn't double check them to make sure the distance between the cameras (interaxial distance) wasn't too far apart due to an oversight. Trying to converge them together post editing doesn't always work if they're too far apart, as seemed to be the case from your description of that ticket shot. Good info, thanks. Will consider this one.

Looks like Wallace and Grommit's Aardman (spelling) claymation style from the well done cover art. Will have to see what region it is.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 04-12-2013, 05:26 AM   #12

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Will have to see what region it is.
The German release is locked to Region B, I gave it a test:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=74
Old 04-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #13

Mar 2012

Looks like fun this. It's just a shame that some of these 3D animations don't get a wider release.

Tad Stones Trailer

Gae
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #14

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae View Post
Looks like fun this. It's just a shame that some of these 3D animations don't get a wider release.

Tad Stones Trailer

Gae
I might be wrong, but to me this movie looks like it's "The Croods" translated into another language.

The faces on the characters look the same to me.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #15
Special Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
This hasn't got a wider release because it is a lame ass movie. I had to turn it off it was so painfully lame. The 3D was good but not consistent from what I did watch. The days where I can sit though any crap just for 3D have passed. The dialogue, script and voice acting in this are worse than Sammy's Adventures by far.
Could not agree more!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #16

Aug 2011
Christchurch, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
This hasn't got a wider release because it is a lame ass movie. I had to turn it off it was so painfully lame. The 3D was good but not consistent from what I did watch. The days where I can sit though any crap just for 3D have passed. The dialogue, script and voice acting in this are worse than Sammy's Adventures by far.
Ahhh take it for what it is.....

I agree the voice acting was somewhat lacking, and maybe (like Sammy's) that is partly due to the lack of "known actors" in roles......these are budget (used loosely) movies and the actors reflect that a little. I've seen/heard some worse "over"acting in some past wide release titles/bigger budget titles too!

Chris
It's 3D for Me!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #17

Mar 2013
Australia

I recently saw it and loved it, thought it was a great movie, to each his own I guess
Old 10-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #18

Dec 2012

Just saw this for sale at Walmart in the good olé US of A.
$14.99 for the 3D combo pack.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #19

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet View Post
Just saw this for sale at Walmart in the good olé US of A.
$14.99 for the 3D combo pack.
it's a walmart exclusive until early January...

I too bought it for that price!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #20

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeEntertainment View Post
I recently saw it and loved it, thought it was a great movie, to each his own I guess
I also like this movie. Yeah it's not from a major animation studio and calling it a budget title is a fair statement. With that said, it looks good with decent 3D, a sharp image and vivid colors. It's also full widescreen which is nice. There's some cool action scenes in this movie with a very cool fight sequence at the end with a ????? (no spoiler!!!). For 15 bucks, it was money well spent for me.

Last edited by Jay Ellis; 10-12-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies