Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Prison Break: Season One (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.97
Dollhouse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$9.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.88
Adult Beginners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Audio Theory and Discussion

Old 07-25-2015, 10:59 PM   #1361
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
North of Sixty

^ I'm not familiar with them so can't offer an opinion. Sorry Man.

OT, My local A/V Dude is ordering some X.X.4 in-celing speakers for me. I'm going with Paradigm CI Pro 65-R.
Because of my work schedule, I won't be in town when the RX-A3050 gets in, but should be when the speakers arrive. This'll work out well. I can do the wiring and install, then be ready to just hook up the AVR when it gets in.

Now that things are closer to reality, I'm pretty stoked!

The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependant on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do. - Galileo
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM   #1362
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
North of Sixty

I can hear the paint drying in this thread.
Need Schan or Blu-dog here to stir up the pot.
The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependant on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do. - Galileo
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #1363
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
Well, we have one DTS-X release (a remix from 5.1) with none scheduled either theatrically or at home.

No feature film Auro releases on BD in the USA and none scheduled.

Several hit films coming out in Atmos soon, like San Andreas and Mad Max Fury Road. Paramount, Universal, Warner, and Lionsgate have been releasing nearly all theatrical releases in Atmos on BD that way now.

Game of Thrones has been remixed into Atmos and apparently the results are incredible...Star Wars Battlefront is the first home video game release. Vudu's initial 4K offerings will all have Atmos.
Old Today, 03:55 AM   #1364

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
Nothing to stir....as Atmos and DTS-X are now included in new receivers and prepros...it's almost like, who cares...I'm covered. That's what I expected in the beginning...as soon as both are available in hardware, it wont matter - there's room for everyone at the table to produce.
Klipsch Cornwall L/R, Klipsch Cornwall Vertical center with ALK Model B v2 crossovers and Fostex T90A super tweeters, DT BP2's (x4) rear, Wharfedale sw380 Subs (x2), SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Yamaha power Amps mx830 (x2), Adcom 5503 3 channel power amp, Crown 1000x Bridged Power amps (x2), BD HTPC, Xonar Essence ST/H6 modified Burson Supreme Discreet Opamps, NAS with 6gb ram running NAS4Free and 12tb of storage, Da-lite 16:9 106" Screen, BenQ 3D Projector, LG 55 inch LED TV.
Old Today, 04:11 AM   #1365
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA

Saw my second movie at an ATMOS theater and I've been nothing but disappointed. I expected to have the audio experience of my life and twice duds

Both times the ATMOS splash screen presentations offered more effects than the movies did.

I sure hope the effectiveness of it as a technology is better at home.
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim x2 & XBOX 360 Elite, iPhone6+ 128gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi x2, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB Power supply, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-700, UPA-200, & mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12, Pro-Ject Debut 3 TT, Polk Audio SDA-2, Monitor 10 & Monitor 5Jr speakers
NY GIANTS!
Old Today, 04:16 AM   #1366
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
Saw my second movie at an ATMOS theater and I've been nothing but disappointed. I expected to have the audio experience of my life and twice duds

Both times the ATMOS splash screen presentations offered more effects than the movies did.

I sure hope the effectiveness of it as a technology is better at home.
really? what'd you see? I'm guessing it was the New MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: Rogue Nation.

I've seen 2-3 so far an hour & 20 from where I live, & each time was Fantastic. Huge room, Large Screen, GREAT Audio.

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: RTiA5's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Sides), FXiA3's (Rears) - 2 Onkyo SKH-410 DOLBY ATMOS Spkrs - Subs: 2 PA-120's
ONKYO TX-NR838: DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - AMP: Emotiva XPA-3/Gen 2 - OPPO BDP-83
DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Remote: Harmony ONE
Old Today, 04:27 AM   #1367
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
really? what'd you see? I'm guessing it was the New MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: Rogue Nation.

I've seen 2-3 so far an hour & 20 from where I live, & each time was Fantastic. Huge room, Large Screen, GREAT Audio.

The other was the latest Terminator movie. Neither of which ever made me look up or go oh snap from the audio I was with people each time and both of them noticed the same thing. Almost not a sound from over head. Plenty of surround effects in both movies, nothing up top. If it wasn't for the ATMOS splash screen/demo at the start, we wouldn't have known we were even in an ATMOSPHERE enabled theater.

Like a flat chested skinny lipped woman with lots of junk in the trunk!
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim x2 & XBOX 360 Elite, iPhone6+ 128gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi x2, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB Power supply, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-700, UPA-200, & mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12, Pro-Ject Debut 3 TT, Polk Audio SDA-2, Monitor 10 & Monitor 5Jr speakers
NY GIANTS!
Old Today, 04:29 AM   #1368
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
The other was the latest Terminator movie. Neither of which ever made me look up or go oh snap from the audio I was with people each time and both of them noticed the same thing. Almost not a sound from over head. Plenty of surround effects in both movies, nothing up top.

Like a flat chested skinny lipped woman with lots of junk in the trunk!

interesting; I wonder why
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: RTiA5's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Sides), FXiA3's (Rears) - 2 Onkyo SKH-410 DOLBY ATMOS Spkrs - Subs: 2 PA-120's
ONKYO TX-NR838: DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - AMP: Emotiva XPA-3/Gen 2 - OPPO BDP-83
DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Remote: Harmony ONE
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Audio Theory and Discussion