Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
The Cabin in the Woods (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mulan / Mulan II (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Knowing (Blu-ray)
$4.99
A Most Violent Year (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Wire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Foxcatcher (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Fury (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #1261
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Are you sure it's being generated by the player? I used to get a similar message on certain discs, but the message was actually being generated by my Panasonic television. In my case, the TV had an option in to turn off the 3D notification message.
You're right, it was on my TV, so I turned 3D Signal Notification off and now the disc plays fine. I have a panasonic TV as well so it's hard to tell when something is coming from the TV vs the player, as they all use the same font :P I still wonder what's up with the disc that confused my TV, but it doesn't matter to me now.
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #1262

Jan 2014
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
Weird, Prom Night works fine on my PS3.
My main player in my home theatre is a PS3, and I've never encountered any issues with Prom Night either. Haven't yet had a chance to check out Long Weekend, but all my other Synapse discs work like a charm.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #1263
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Denmark

Ordered my first Synapse release - Curtains. Blind buy for me, but have heard good things about the company and the release looks really solid!
"Now everybody's equal, just don't measure it!"
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #1264

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsb90 View Post
Ordered my first Synapse release - Curtains. Blind buy for me, but have heard good things about the company and the release looks really solid!

That's a great one. You won't be disappointed.
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #1265

Jan 2015

Quote:
I blind bought as well and honestly, despite all the hype, I was really dissapointed. The disc itself and all of the behind the scenes info on the production is pretty good though.
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #1266
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Returning Some Tapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by heebiejeebie View Post
I blind bought as well and honestly, despite all the hype, I was really dissapointed. The disc itself and all of the behind the scenes info on the production is pretty good though.
From my experience, Synapse = Top Quality. Individual enjoyment of the films may vary, but it's pretty much unanimous that Synapse releases arguably the best product on the market as it pertains to video/audio presentation. I consider them head and shoulders ahead of anyone/everyone else in the market including the big budget studios. You may not like the film, but you'll love it's presentation.
Wanted To Buy:
-Black Blu Ray Cases (Price Negotiable)
-Meet the Robinsons 3D Slipcover ($7 Shipped)

For Sale/Trade:
Nothing at the Moment
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #1267

Jul 2014
Alamogordo, NM

Quote:
Curtains is definately one of my favorite Canadian slashers. It's got the beautiful Lesleh Donaldson in it who also stared in Funeral Home and Happy Birthday to Me. John Vernon is excellent in this as is Samantha Eggert. The ending is great, glad they decided not to go with the originally planned ending. Which has been done before in the likes of Happy Birthday to Me, Madhouse and Mortuary. The Synapse Bluray presentation is a must buy and essential to any slasher collection.
Hell Night / Band of the Hand / It's Alive / Funeral Home / Night Warning / Quiet Cool / Who Can Kill a Child? / Alone in the Dark / Last Cannibal World / Unhinged / Gymkata / The Witch who Came from the Sea / Rad / Future Kill / Hunter's Blood / The Changeling / Devil Times Five / The Pit / The New Kids / Phantasm / The Zero Boys
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #1268
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
WI, USA

I didn't like Curtains exactly but it's definitely of interest to any horror fan since it's such a strange little movie with a complicated history. I'll buy just about anything Synapse releases on principle at this point, that's what I did with that and Prom Night and Long Weekend.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors