Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Two Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$163.99
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.99
In the Heart of the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.69
Goodbye to Language 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.35
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Immortals 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.79
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.39
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2017, 09:14 PM   #61
tjritter79 tjritter79 is offline
Member
 
Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
1393
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I'm sure you will love it. I bought it completely blind without demos and I was blown away. Played gangster heist on the Playstation World disc and it felt like I was a child again, on Christmas morning with my new Atari and several cartridges. What I mean is, the possibilities seem endless!

By the way, in cinema mode the smallest screen size moves as you do. If you look to your left, the screen moves to the left etc..
The two larger sizes stay fixed in the centre. To be honest, even the small screen offers a enjoyable experience.

Finally, I have a feeling the killer game will be a platform game. The Playroom VR mini games include a stunning but very short platform game and it is hugely enjoyable. I would recommend you try it. Oh, and Resident Evil is incredibly tense!
I feel it wont be long before someone develops a "DOOM" clone in this format, or even Myst. Be nice actually to play some of these type classics remastered in this VR format with updated/upgraded graphics. Make it so!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #62
BozQ BozQ is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
BozQ's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Singapore
197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
From what I've read/heard the answer is...."no", in fact YouTubers have been able to watch 3D movies off ANY HDMI source, not just a PS4.....there is one guy who "claims" this works off of an X-Box One. Since I have NOT tried this myself, I caution anyone who takes this as "gospel". It is my belief the PS camera is strictly for games using the 360 field of vision since the head movement is tracked by the camera.....not needed for watching 3D movies on blu ray.
Huh...Okay.
I wonder if it works with 4K Blu-rays on Xbox One S. Hmm.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:08 PM   #63
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Apr 2011
England
8
444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRW1 View Post
Depends on the ratio for me. I managed Xmen quite happily with the large size but Dial M For Murder was difficult due to the larger vertical size, so I switched it to medium and it was fine. It's not the greatest way to watch movies but for those who have no other method it's acceptable. Currently working my way through films I quite fancied seeing in 3D but never got the chance (it's not a long list). Next up, Gasper Noe's Love
Yes, I have that!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
KRW1 (03-17-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 11:14 PM   #64
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Apr 2011
England
8
444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
I feel it wont be long before someone develops a "DOOM" clone in this format, or even Myst. Be nice actually to play some of these type classics remastered in this VR format with updated/upgraded graphics. Make it so!
Agreed. I want to see

Snooker/pool sim
Crystal maze (U.K gameshow)
Chamber of horrors tour
Boxing game (realistic)
A full platform game from the PS Playroom mini game.
Monkey island new game first person
Portal (new game)
Star Wars game involving light sabers



Just for a start
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #65
DartDVD DartDVD is offline
Junior Member
 
Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
From what I've read/heard the answer is...."no",
There's no need for the camera... infact i watch 3D Blu-Rays laid on the bed, or couch, facing the ceiling The effect is amazing since you're literally overwhelmed by this incredibly huge 3D screen. You can't do this in an Imax theater for sure Speaking of IMAX: if you really want to see how "extreme" the 3D is right from the start, just load the Hubble 3D Blu-Ray and try the IMAX opening intro (the one with the countdown). I'm sure you'll be blown away, especially with the large screen setting (the only one I use).

As for the tip to improve sharpness in the above post: it's the first thing I did, and that should be done, since noise reduction (or DNR) is and always have been absolute evil for video (at least it's what I think).

With noise off, the video quality is almost like that of my old, HD Ready LCD projector Epson TW-680 (that displayed 1080i in a 1366 x 768 matrix). That is quite satysfing for me, considering the fact you have the most amazing 3D imaginabile and a much bigger screen with less screendoor effect. The only real issue is the slightly red / cyan borders in high contrast edges, especially in black and with pictures. This is due to the aberrations caused by the lenses, in a less than perfect fit of the headset. Nothing too annoyng anyway, since movies like Creature of the black lagoon still looks very good, and have an "out of this world" 3D effect that compensate all the shortcomings. Same can be said for another outstanding Jack Arnold's B&W 3D movie: It came for outer space.

Gee if I'm enthusiast of this update, and the PS VR all round (I'm counting the days to the release of Farpoint). Does it show?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #66
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Apr 2011
England
8
444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartDVD View Post
There's no need for the camera... infact i watch 3D Blu-Rays laid on the bed, or couch, facing the ceiling The effect is amazing since you're literally overwhelmed by this incredibly huge 3D screen. You can't do this in an Imax theater for sure Speaking of IMAX: if you really want to see how "extreme" the 3D is right from the start, just load the Hubble 3D Blu-Ray and try the IMAX opening intro (the one with the countdown). I'm sure you'll be blown away, especially with the large screen setting (the only one I use).

As for the tip to improve sharpness in the above post: it's the first thing I did, and that should be done, since noise reduction (or DNR) is and always have been absolute evil for video (at least it's what I think).

With noise off, the video quality is almost like that of my old, HD Ready LCD projector Epson TW-680 (that displayed 1080i in a 1366 x 768 matrix). That is quite satysfing for me, considering the fact you have the most amazing 3D imaginabile and a much bigger screen with less screendoor effect. The only real issue is the slightly red / cyan borders in high contrast edges, especially in black and with pictures. This is due to the aberrations caused by the lenses, in a less than perfect fit of the headset. Nothing too annoyng anyway, since movies like Creature of the black lagoon still looks very good, and have an "out of this world" 3D effect that compensate all the shortcomings. Same can be said for another outstanding Jack Arnold's B&W 3D movie: It came for outer space.

Gee if I'm enthusiast of this update, and the PS VR all round (I'm counting the days to the release of Farpoint). Does it show?
I love my headset. Once we have sharp 360 video, the sky is the limit. A number of companies are working on that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #67
DartDVD DartDVD is offline
Junior Member
 
Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Once we have sharp 360 video, the sky is the limit.
Absolutely!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #68
reaperx187 reaperx187 is offline
Power Member
 
Jan 2010
Newark, DE
857
77
Default

Anyone get there official update as of yet i had gotten it end of last week or early this week don't really remember exactly though but to be honest can't tell much of an difference but i want to see about the adding of an external HD though haven't tried it out as of yet though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:34 AM   #69
noirjunkie noirjunkie is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
noirjunkie's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
1553
675
2
465
Default

I hadn't ever considered buying the VR kit until I read some of the glowing reviews for the 3D blu-ray playback. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can feasibly purchase it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bhampton (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #70
zeppelin33 zeppelin33 is offline
Junior Member
 
Apr 2016
71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I love my headset. Once we have sharp 360 video, the sky is the limit. A number of companies are working on that.
Make sure you check out the Joshua Bell Experience from the PS Store. It's a free download and the perfect example of the capabilities of HQ 360 video.

That one really blew me away after watching many of the sub-par videos out there.

The future looks amazing!!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
neverenoughtime (03-30-2017), Steedeel (03-28-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #71
DJR662 DJR662 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin33 View Post
Make sure you check out the Joshua Bell Experience from the PS Store. It's a free download and the perfect example of the capabilities of HQ 360 video.

That one really blew me away after watching many of the sub-par videos out there.

The future looks amazing!!
That one actually looks pretty good indeed, wish all 360 videos would look like that.
Top 15 all time favorites: The Evil Dead | Re-Animator | A New Hope | The Empire Strikes Back | Fist Of The North Star (1986) | Evil Dead 2 | Hard Target | Cloverfield | Demons | Suspiria | Opera | Tenebrae | Desperado | Blood And Black Lace | Return Of The Jedi
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (03-28-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 11:55 AM   #72
bhampton bhampton is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
1521
5
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
I hadn't ever considered buying the VR kit until I read some of the glowing reviews for the 3D blu-ray playback. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can feasibly purchase it.
Yeah, me too.

Thankfully I have 2 move controllers already so I am set with those.

Now the camera and the headset ... that will require some creative cash management.
Blu Rays are Forever
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #73
noirjunkie noirjunkie is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
noirjunkie's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
1553
675
2
465
Default

A couple of questions about blu-ray 3D playback:

1. Do I need a 3D TV/projector to play 3D blu-rays in the headset? Or do I only need the headset if I'm not mirroring the picture on my screen?

2. Do I only need the headset, or I do I need the camera/move controllers as well?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:39 PM   #74
Oniichan Oniichan is offline
Active Member
 
Oniichan's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Upstate NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
A couple of questions about blu-ray 3D playback:

1. Do I need a 3D TV/projector to play 3D blu-rays in the headset? Or do I only need the headset if I'm not mirroring the picture on my screen?

2. Do I only need the headset, or I do I need the camera/move controllers as well?
#1 nope, you do not need a 3D tv

#2 to watch 3D movies again the answer is no

should you get this, make sure to set screen size to large, make some popcorn and plop in a 3D movie and off you go
65" SONY 930D HDR 4K 3D TV, SAMSUNG UBD-K8500 4K Blue Ray PlayerHTC Vive
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
noirjunkie (03-29-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #75
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Apr 2011
England
8
444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin33 View Post
Make sure you check out the Joshua Bell Experience from the PS Store. It's a free download and the perfect example of the capabilities of HQ 360 video.

That one really blew me away after watching many of the sub-par videos out there.

The future looks amazing!!
I did and I just assumed it looked that good because it was a download rather than streamed. Apparently though, they approached the video in a new way. I will try to find the article. Would love more stuff like this, really enjoyed it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:31 PM   #76
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Apr 2011
England
8
444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
I hadn't ever considered buying the VR kit until I read some of the glowing reviews for the 3D blu-ray playback. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can feasibly purchase it.
I would seriously consider getting into gaming just to experience the VR. It really is very different to a regular gaming session. Something like Resident Evil was incredibly tense in VR mode. The only problem was my sister tapping me on the shoulder while I had headphones on. I now have a dent in my ceiling!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (03-28-2017), kurosawa (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 07:09 PM   #77
DJR662 DJR662 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
The only problem was my sister tapping me on the shoulder while I had headphones on. I now have a dent in my ceiling!
Hahahhaa!!

When I played Rush Of Blood for the first (!) time (without headphones, sound coming from the surround speakers), my girl thought it would be fun to grab me by my legs during one of those eerie silent moments in the game...

After I cooled off we made a mutual agreement to never, ever physically touch or scare someone in any way while that person is wearing the PS VR headset.
Top 15 all time favorites: The Evil Dead | Re-Animator | A New Hope | The Empire Strikes Back | Fist Of The North Star (1986) | Evil Dead 2 | Hard Target | Cloverfield | Demons | Suspiria | Opera | Tenebrae | Desperado | Blood And Black Lace | Return Of The Jedi
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 10:09 PM   #78
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Apr 2011
England
8
444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Hahahhaa!!

When I played Rush Of Blood for the first (!) time (without headphones, sound coming from the surround speakers), my girl thought it would be fun to grab me by my legs during one of those eerie silent moments in the game...

After I cooled off we made a mutual agreement to never, ever physically touch or scare someone in any way while that person is wearing the PS VR headset.
I feel your fear!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #79
BozQ BozQ is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
BozQ's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Singapore
197
Default

I finally got my PS VR today.
Gosh, the dang thing is so troublesome and messy to set up.

I did try it though, it's good. Only problem is, my own prescription glasses are in the way. So it's not 100% clear for me.

Maybe I'll get contacts.
I kept the VR in the box for now. I need to find time to properly set up the camera and console.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:42 PM   #80
Jbug Jbug is offline
Power Member
 
Jul 2010
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozQ View Post
I finally got my PS VR today.
Gosh, the dang thing is so troublesome and messy to set up.

I did try it though, it's good. Only problem is, my own prescription glasses are in the way. So it's not 100% clear for me.

Maybe I'll get contacts.
I kept the VR in the box for now. I need to find time to properly set up the camera and console.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You can adjust the headset for glasses as the visor part can move forward and back to fit.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:13 PM.