Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Those Redheads From Seattle 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.19
Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sing 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.98
Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Book of Life 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.89
Dial M for Murder 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.92
Oz the Great and Powerful 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.97
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 03-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #7321
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

Moana 3D and Doctor Strange 3D.
HDMI cable CBC
"Your intellect may be confused," he once wrote, "but your emotions will never lie to you." Roger Ebert Physical media forever! In home theater and in life, its my firm belief that anything worth doing is worth overdoing. When UHD Blu-ray comes lay of the DNR! Canadian hero "Your like a gas leak, we don't see you, we don't smell you, but your silently killing us all." PSN: blurules
Old 03-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #7322

Oct 2015
Ireland

Passengers3D
Pleasantly surprised by this movie as the reviews I had read were not that great. The 3D ranged from medium to quite strong in places with the opening scene being the highlight for me. Even though this is not an action heavy sci-fi movie I feel like it benefits from the 3D conversion. Worth the money imo.
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #7323
Special Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi 13th, Do you speak multiple languages?
Yes, but not Spanish or German. I had to get what I needed from the internet.
3D is not dead. What's dead is my interest in any new 2D formats or display technology.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #7324
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
The
Default Yes, I LOVE Gravity!

Watched Gravity again with the wife.

What an amazing film. A pure masterpiece of craftsmanship. Directing, Sound, Music, & Cinematography at their finest.

This is required 3D viewing. 2D is not an option for this one. Totally ruins the experience.

I urge anyone and everyone to watch the special features on the 2D disc if you have any doubt about what was accomplished by the creators of this film. The "making of" segments of this are better than the majority of entire films released nowadays.

I would pay $100 to rewatch this on the IMAX 3D with Laser at the Chinese Theater. That would be the ultimate experience!
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (03-19-2017), Joe D. (03-20-2017), MercurySeven (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #7325
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead

'Gravity' I bet many would love to get a master Blu-ray transfer in 4K. With Atmos of course, which is not on the 3D version, unfortunately.

About 'Avatar' remastered in Atmos (the 3D version). ...And with the bonus 4K Blu-ray disc in the same package, also with Atmos?

Warner Bros...the first title and FOX...the second.
Sony? ...'Passengers' (and other 4K packages)...no Atmos on the 3D Blu, only on the 4K Blu.

All 3D Blu-ray movies should have Dolby Atmos audio to support the 3-dimensional visuals. And same for the 4K Blu versions, and also the regular 1080p 2D versions.

All TVs should be 4K, and 3D.

And in the next Blu-ray standard for the future, 3D should be included...in 4K.
______

Fifty years from now (or before, or around), holography is going to replace ultra flat LG OLED 4K Dolby Vision panels. There would be no more TV panels to hang on your wall or stand on your TV stand.

I revisited 'Passengers' in 3D last night. Awesome! Jennifer is so pretty that she melted all the walls of my room to expand the space beyond...
I think I'm starting to become a fan...

Tonight I'm thinking...or 'Jupiter Ascending' in 3D or 'Oz the Great and Powerful' in 3D.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

What would you say? I am mainly interested to compare Mila Kunis with Jennifer Lawrence in 3D.

'Jupiter Ascending' comes also in 4K (HDR) and with Atmos (same as the 3D Blu version).
'Oz...' is Disney, and when it first came up it was only in 2D. Then people like me (fervent Mila's fan) have to double dip later on for Mila's 3D.
And no 4K with Disney...yet, and neither Dolby Atmos.

Between Mila, Jennifer...and Emma (Stone), which one looks prettier in 3D?

Emma Stone...in 3D:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Should I go for Emma in 3D instead?

Or should I get more of Jennifer in 3D:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thanks given by:
EVERRET (03-19-2017), Hedji (03-19-2017), MercurySeven (03-19-2017), Ray O. Blu (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #7326

Sep 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
Between Mila, Jennifer...and Emma (Stone), which one looks prettier in 3D?
Jennifer as Mystique/Raven takes some beating, but I think Passengers is the best she's ever looked. Recently watched both Mila's 3D films and they're both impressive. I'd go with Jupiter Ascending, only 'cause she's front and centre the whole time (well, most of it). And it's underrated.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #7327
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
The

You can't go wrong with any of those three beauties!

Oz was the first movie I saw in the theater with Atmos sound. It was amazing.
Excellent 3D and enveloping surround. (Wow. Just checked and that was 4 years ago at the El Capitan premiere!)

Think I'll see if the wife wants to go to Oz tonight. We both really enjoy this one.
I actually like Michelle Williams as much as any of those other 3 gorgeous women! She plays a witch!

Last edited by Ray O. Blu; 03-19-2017 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Added stuff to be "on topic" ;-)
Thanks given by:
Shaggy1978 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #7328

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post

All TVs should be 4K, and 3D.

^THIS.
MOST WANTED BLU-RAY RELEASES: The Black Hole, Dawn of the Dead 3D, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Explorers, Supergirl, ORCA, SpaceHunter 3D, V Miniseries, Suspira, Young Sherlock Holmes
Thanks given by:
Shaggy1978 (03-21-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #7329
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead

I agree; Jennifer looks pretty good in 'Passengers'.
And Mila has more presence in 'Jupiter' than in 'Oz'.

'Passengers' is not @ the level of a great sci-fi flick like Ex_Machina.
But it is prettier (visuals), more polished overall, much less organic than 'Ex Machina'.
'Ex_Machina' should have been in 3D, for an even more immersive intellect sci-fi flick.

'Jupiter' is impressive with some decor sets and wardrobe and make-ups...and in 3D.
Some scenes are to die for. But 'Jupiter' is not @ the level of a smarter flick like 'Ex Machina', where your mind is in a constant higher level of intelligence/thinking.

'Arrival' and 'Ex_Machina' are smart films...without all the visual distractions of expensive Hollywood decor sets. They are sci-fi flicks for the brain, for the intellect.

On the other hand, 'Passengers' and 'Jupiter Ascending' are more for the "flamboyance" of the decor sets, the superficiality, the outside form and shape. There is a small portion of imagination, but it ends flat in both films IMO.

I love the opening of 'Jupiter', and some scenes in 3D. But overall @ the end it misses the intellect mark, IMO.
And it is similar too with 'Passengers' in 3D. There are some nice 3D polished scenes that are very pleasant, a feast for the eyes, including our main actress.

Both films we can see more the greater potential than the real onscreen delivery that was offered to us. A film of quality, a message of essence, is one that grabs your mind and explore your inner sanctum. We are extremely sensitive to fireworks and to subtlety. The impact we all feel depends of our stance of the time.
What works for one doesn't for another. There are ten numbers: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
When adding them all together we get 45 (and 4+5=9 ... the highest number).
Between zero and 99.99999999999999999999 there is a limited zone.
Beyond, there is an infinity.
It's the same with films; they work @ the level of our senses, emotions and imagination. We give them numbers to evaluate all those sensations in an entertaining way; a stimulation, a simulation, an assimilation...all in 3D reality. Nothing we see in life is flat, only a painting on the wall, a caricature inside a poster, a comic hero on the first page of a comic book magazine.

HDR and Dolby Vision were born to be in 3D. But because we are not advanced technologically enough, only time will give it to the next generations long after we're all gone. Holography...fifty years, hundred from now. 4D ...That's just a future vision, mine, derived partly from talking with some Sony people...

'Passengers' 3D is from Sony. 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' 3D is also from Sony Pictures.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:32 PM   #7330

Aug 2013
Midlothian, TX (Suburb of Dallas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
Add one more to the list...

That's the edition of Rogue One I decided to pre-order as well. I didn't care much for the WWA steelbook I'm obviously not going to wait for a premium release...

Then I'll get the various editions from Blufans when they arrive!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:26 AM   #7331

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post
Jennifer as Mystique/Raven takes some beating, but I think Passengers is the best she's ever looked. Recently watched both Mila's 3D films and they're both impressive. I'd go with Jupiter Ascending, only 'cause she's front and centre the whole time (well, most of it). And it's underrated.
I just recently included Jupiter Ascending in my top 10 3D Blurays on this very thread and agree that it's generally underrated. I am fascinated with space though so I might be a little biased. I just loved the sets and costumes and love that scene going in/out of Jupiter in 3D. I love the mix of fantasy and sci-Fi!
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 02:13 AM   #7332

Sep 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy1978 View Post
I just recently included Jupiter Ascending in my top 10 3D Blurays on this very thread and agree that it's generally underrated. I am fascinated with space though so I might be a little biased. I just loved the sets and costumes and love that scene going in/out of Jupiter in 3D. I love the mix of fantasy and sci-Fi!
When I first read the premise, it sounded as though it would have broad appeal, aiming for the Star Wars/ Avatar fans. But I was surprised by how specific it actually was in terms of sub-genre. I think the Wachowskis aimed it squarely at diehard space opera fans! Which is awesome if you're one of those ::raises both hands::, but it does seem to have left most other viewers scratching their heads.

Agreed on the sets and costumes. The world-building is off-the-charts. And I love that epic dogfight over Chicago! It's one of my fave 3D action scenes.
Thanks given by:
Shaggy1978 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 03:02 AM   #7333

Jun 2014
St. Peters, MO
Default Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning

The 3d was fairly strong with some mild pop-outs so I was pretty happy with that. The actors that I don't like get killed, so I was pretty happy with that also. I liked the ending and enjoyed the numerous brutal killings.

Bedroom
LG 60PB6900 3d (plasma), LG 3d Blu-ray player

Den
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 @ 12' diagonal
Sony BDP S5100, Sony BDP S6500 region free
Yamaha Cabs 15" + Horn, Jbl 4530 Subs
Thanks given by:
Active3D (03-21-2017), BleedOrange11 (03-20-2017), fatboy1111 (03-20-2017), MercurySeven (03-20-2017), Shaggy1978 (03-20-2017), the13thman (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 04:18 AM   #7334
Expert Member

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Yes, but not Spanish or German. I had to get what I needed from the internet.
Hi 13

LOL. Know that could be rough because I remember the times not being in cue with operas dealing with librettos.
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
Thanks given by:
Shaggy1978 (03-20-2017), the13thman (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 07:20 AM   #7335
Expert Member

Oct 2013
Alabama

Very cool movie with some really nice 3D. Being an 80's movie there is,of coarse, a lack of pop outs (none in fact) but lots of depth. On a bright side,it has an excellent sound track. Naturally, some of the best 3D is in the aerial scenes. Yet the images on the ground are not that bad at all. Actually they are really good and impressive. Who ever supervised the conversion did a good job for sure. The movie doesn't have the action and thrills of today's 3D movies but it holds its own for what it has.
Thanks given by:
Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #7336
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2011
The Citadel

I wish more classics could get the treatment Top Gun got with the 3D. I would be very happy if they did.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore
Thanks given by:
Hedji (03-20-2017), Shaggy1978 (03-20-2017), the13thman (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #7337
Expert Member

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post

Very cool movie with some really nice 3D. Being an 80's movie there is,of coarse, a lack of pop outs (none in fact) but lots of depth. On a bright side,it has an excellent sound track. Naturally, some of the best 3D is in the aerial scenes. Yet the images on the ground are not that bad at all. Actually they are really good and impressive. Who ever supervised the conversion did a good job for sure. The movie doesn't have the action and thrills of today's 3D movies but it holds its own for what it has.
Hi Hardkore,

The only reason holding me back from getting the film is that I found it more a quick macho man flick exploiting Tom Cruise than anything intelligent. However, 3D has made me change my mind on so many other films that if I can get a cheap price on a used copy, I'll probably give it a chance in 3D and , as I suspect, will get to like it if nothing more that for the 3D.
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
Thanks given by:
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #7338

Aug 2013

Finished Watching:
MCU 3D marathon - My thoughts after watching them back-to-back is that the first Avengers movie had the weakest 3D and GOTG and Doctor Strange had the strongest 3D. Avengers was super entertaining and there were some memorable 3D moments but the 3D was inconsistent and there were many missed opportunities. Many scenes only had two levels of depth (front and back) and there were moments I forgot I was watching it in 3D! I still thoroughly enjoyed it but compared to GOTG and Doctor Strange the depth was very mild. In GOTG and Doctor Strange the depth had multiple layers and there were times it looked like you could see for miles into the distance!

I had never watched them back-to-back and in doing so I found Easter eggs and references that I had missed previously! If you ever have the time I would highly recommend it! Now I need to get MCU phase 1 & 2 box sets!

Anyone know where I can grab MCU Phase 1 for less than $300. Folks on eBay are asking $500+ which I refuse to even consider.

Movies received today:
Sing 3D
Assassins Creed 3D
Blufans Captain America - The First Avenger 3D Lenti (FINALLY!!!!!!!)
Snowtime! 3D
Ghost in the Shell - Solid State Society 3D
Old 03-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #7339

Aug 2013

The 3D in the two Amazing Spider-Man movies is very strong and while I really like Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man and Emma Stone as Gwen I thought the bad guy in both films were very weak.

My personal opinion would be to grab the two X-Men movies and the Hunger Games series. Did you know you can get BOTH Mockingjay 1 and 2 in 3D? I've had Mockingjay Part 2 for a while but just recently purchased the Mockingjay 1&2 3D disc from Amazon Germany. I steered clear of Part 1 because I've seen too many AWFUL German auto-conversions but I heard from several people that the 3D is good!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:08 PM   #7340
Expert Member

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Just ordered on sale used copies of

Green Lantern
Legend of Hercules
Rise of the Guardians
Underworld Awakening

With free shipping, $28.64 plus New York sales tax.. Good deal overall?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies