Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$46.87
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$33.87
RWBY 1-3: Beacon (Blu-ray)
$29.17
Fargo (Blu-ray)
$13.21
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$15.99
The Fog (Blu-ray)
$17.77
They Live (Blu-ray)
$16.88
Akira (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Escape from New York (Blu-ray)
$17.77
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (Blu-ray)
$12.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 11-19-2016, 12:00 AM   #1081
Special Member

Jul 2010
-

Got my 1/4 slip copy today. #53/1000. Not bad for a first timer!
Old 11-19-2016, 02:23 AM   #1082

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Priest View Post
No, Og Dae-Su's letter & the character cards folding thing are exclusive to the Keepcase edition

And also the poster card things are different in each separate release (so there are four sets of two)
Ah, shit, really? Damn, so I'd have to open one of each release to get all of the cards? Aw that sucks, was hoping to keep one of each sealed lol looks like I should have grabbed an extra Mondo and 1/4 slip when I had the chance, I only bought two of the Keepcase and the Purple slip one
Old 11-19-2016, 10:37 PM   #1083

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSwitters View Post
Ah, shit, really? Damn, so I'd have to open one of each release to get all of the cards? Aw that sucks, was hoping to keep one of each sealed lol looks like I should have grabbed an extra Mondo and 1/4 slip when I had the chance, I only bought two of the Keepcase and the Purple slip one
Yeah. I would open all the envelopes in mine, but I don't want to damage the sticker or envelope haha
Old 11-21-2016, 10:32 AM   #1084
Power Member

Aug 2014
London, UK

I've just put an unboxing of this amazing steelbook on my channel if anyone would like to see

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and MY INSTAGRAM
Top 5 Movies - 1. Once Upon A Time in the West 2. Seven Samurai 3. Reservoir Dogs 4. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 5. A Better Tomorrow
Thanks given by:
TheFalsetto (11-21-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #1085
Expert Member

Jun 2013

ok I finally got around to poppin mine in and starting to watch it and i have a question for those who have purchased this but have previous versions...

In the scene where Dae-su fights those 4 hooligans after he gets out of his prison room, one of the dudes calls him "f**ktard" and he is perplexed by this and uses it again later....however, in another version i have, they say the word "dick$hit" and that has always stuck with me because of how much of a funny word it is to me as well. So why did they change it in the subtitles if he's saying the same dialogue in Korean?
Old 12-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #1086

Nov 2009
seattle

I think this was discussed a few pages back. Basically, Park said it was a more accurate translation or something.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #1087
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the new scum View Post
I think this was discussed a few pages back. Basically, Park said it was a more accurate translation or something.
Correct. Here it is...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=939
Old 12-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #1088
Expert Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heapashifter View Post
thanks so much....i figured somewhere someone had to have discussed it, however i wasn't going to sift thru 55 pages of chat to find it.

Personally, i prefer dick$hit over f**ktard....it's just more of a fun word...and one i've incorporated into my everyday vocab.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #1089

Jan 2014

Guess who's a happy boy today?

From a commercial standpoint, it's hard to understand why Plain Archive wouldn't offer these internationally. As well packed as they were when these arrived (and while one of the outer boxes has a wee dent on the corner, the contents are mint) I would think they'd be able to offer the same to international customers.
Thanks given by:
BurningAstronaut (01-06-2017), KazzPetrelli (01-05-2017), vamatt99218 (01-05-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #1090
Expert Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSwitters View Post
Guess who's a happy boy today?

[Show spoiler]

From a commercial standpoint, it's hard to understand why Plain Archive wouldn't offer these internationally. As well packed as they were when these arrived (and while one of the outer boxes has a wee dent on the corner, the contents are mint) I would think they'd be able to offer the same to international customers.
That is pretty cool actually...however, i'd be kinda apt to keeping the packaging and the last thing i need is more boxes lying around.
But very cool, thanks for sharing.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #1091

Apr 2016
Southern Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
ok I finally got around to poppin mine in and starting to watch it and i have a question for those who have purchased this but have previous versions...

In the scene where Dae-su fights those 4 hooligans after he gets out of his prison room, one of the dudes calls him "f**ktard" and he is perplexed by this and uses it again later....however, in another version i have, they say the word "dick$hit" and that has always stuck with me because of how much of a funny word it is to me as well. So why did they change it in the subtitles if he's saying the same dialogue in Korean?

Haven't had the chance to watch the new one yet, but would have definitely noticed that. I used to say that word all the time and when I saw it in the movie back in the day, it was a LOL moment for sure! Kinda wish it had stayed the same!
Thanks given by:
Just Jimmy (01-07-2017)
Old 02-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #1092
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quick question. Has anyone else had a problem with the disk freezing on them? I finally got around to watching it tonight, and it froze on me twice. I watched the scenes where it froze multiple times, and it kept freezing at the same spot. It only lasted for a few seconds, but still, very disctracting. I checked the disk for smudges or scratches and saw nothing. Wonder if I should contact plain archive. Anyone else have and issue with this?
Looking for:
Bolt 3D Slip Cover
Mars Needs Moms 3D Slip Cover
Old 02-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #1093
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2014
Malaysia
South Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightman04 View Post
Quick question. Has anyone else had a problem with the disk freezing on them? I finally got around to watching it tonight, and it froze on me twice. I watched the scenes where it froze multiple times, and it kept freezing at the same spot. It only lasted for a few seconds, but still, very disctracting. I checked the disk for smudges or scratches and saw nothing. Wonder if I should contact plain archive. Anyone else have and issue with this?
What blu-ray player were you using? That's weird. I'll check mine in the next couple of days I guess
Old 02-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #1094
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzPetrelli View Post
What blu-ray player were you using? That's weird. I'll check mine in the next couple of days I guess
What up Kaz! Watched in on a PS4 Pro. I have a PS3 as well so Ill test it on that. I have heard the pro has some trouble playing a few bluray disks, so that could be it.
Looking for:
Bolt 3D Slip Cover
Mars Needs Moms 3D Slip Cover
Old 02-12-2017, 12:31 AM   #1095
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2014
Malaysia
South Korea

Quote:
What up Kaz! Watched in on a PS4 Pro. I have a PS3 as well so Ill test it on that. I have heard the pro has some trouble playing a few bluray disks, so that could be it.
Hi Buddy! Hhhmm, I've read somewhere regarding to playing your blu-ray movies via PS3 / PS4, they discourage it. I myself got a problem with DTS-HD MA audio if playing blu-ray movies using my PS3 But no problem with Dolby TrueHD
Old 02-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #1096
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Send a message via MSN to BHolst

Quote:
It played on my OPPO 93 without any issues. This doesn't really help you but at least it doesn't appear to be a widespread problem... Hope you find a solution!
4K is the new SteelBook

"Choose UHD"
- flyry
Old 03-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #1097

Oct 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio

I take it this is long gone now? Don't see it on plain archive's website
Old 03-08-2017, 05:47 PM   #1098

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by annubis44 View Post
I take it this is long gone now? Don't see it on plain archive's website
Correct, it sold out in the first few hours. A few more were restocked a few days later, but those are gone now too.

Plain seems to have a habit of randomly restocking items on their site even months after release, but not sure if that'll be the case with Oldboy as it was extremely popular.
You bumped the latest movie thread asking for news? Here's some news for you: there is no new news! Otherwise the thread would have been bumped BY THAT NEWS!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #1099

Aug 2016

Is it true that the third disc does not have English subtitles? What are the other bonus features that do not have subtitles? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:37 PM   #1100
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinCB128 View Post
Is it true that the third disc does not have English subtitles? What are the other bonus features that do not have subtitles? Thanks in advance!
When it was first announced there were not going to be English subtitles. They changed their mind and all of disc 3 has English subtitles.

There were a few things on disc 2 that don't though.
Thanks given by:
EinCB128 (03-20-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks