COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
All That Heaven Allows (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Operation Petticoat (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The East (Blu-ray)
$6.99
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad / Fun and Fancy Free (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
Weekend (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Elvis: That's the Way It Is (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Three Colors Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Essential Jacques Demy (Blu-ray)
$69.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 AM   #101
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisakurr View Post
Was David Duchovny nice?
You've met soo many people. Lol. I'm jealous!
It's all from a combination of Film festivals, the Paley TV festival in LA, various conventions, and some after-parties I've been lucky to attend.

As for David Duchovny, he was super cool to me, very approachable and signed an X-Files DVD for me.

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...y/IMG_0818.jpg
Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 AM   #102

Mar 2008
Los Angeles, California

Jack Nicholson
George Clooney
James Stewart
Nicole Kidman
Peter Falk
Alicia Silverstone
Dakota Fanning (Filmed in my friend's house)
Jennifer Love Hewitt (Filmed in my friend's house a couple of times for Ghost Whisperer)
Gary Busey
Alec Baldwin (At a 7-eleven store to buy cigarettes)
Kim Basinger
Danny Trejo (Left a restaurant with foods to go)

Not from my BLU collection....

Jane Fonda
Luke Wilson
Timothy Hutton
Leah Pipes
Rumer Willis
Bruce Jenner
David Hasselhoff
Tara Strong
Larry David
Jenny McCarthy
Dennis Rodman
Carmen Electra
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

few more but I can't remember

I did renovated my friend's townhouse, the old owner was Cindy Williams who lost her home to foreclosure in 2011
Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 AM   #103

Sep 2011
Michigan

In October I traveled right to the heart of enemy terrortory Buckeye Country Columbus Ohio, to see the one and only.... ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER!!!
Got a bunch of pictures and he autographed his book. He was real nice and shook everyone's hand. After he was done signing autographs he left with his people and me and my arnold buddy followed him (some might say stalk) outside where he went inside the Gap to look at some levi's and then he went into a local store called Homage where they sell some of his shirts. He then got in his line of cars and left. But it was the greatest day ever! Funny story is afterwards we went into Homage after Arnold left because when he went in there the police were blocking the entrance and no one could get in. Anyway we talked to the employees and asked them what was Arnold doing in there. And they said that he was looking at and admiring his shirts. I laughed because I can just see Arnold doing something like that.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 AM   #104

Oct 2009

Off the top of my head, here are some of the people I've met at conventions:

Kristen Bell
Tricia Helfer
Morena Baccarin
Amy Acker
Julie Benz
Charisma Carpenter
William Shatner
Leonard Nimoy
Patrick Stewart
Scott Bakula
Dean Stockwell
Missy Peregrym
Ben Browder
Claudia Black
Joss Whedon
Laura Vandervoort
Dean Cain
Jensen Ackles
Jared Padalecki
Misha Collins
James Marsters
Elyse Levesque
Alaina Huffman
Amanda Tapping
Joe Flanigan
Robert Picardo
Michael Shanks
Michael Madsen
Christopher Lloyd
Peter Mayhew
Avery Brooks
Bruce Campbell
Norman Reedus
Sean Patrick Flanery
Brian Krause
Holly Marie Combs
Eliza Dushku
Luke Perry
Stan Lee
Mercedes McNab

Last edited by chipsnyder; 01-04-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:19 AM   #105
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Redding, CA

I used to attend a lot of conventions and I've meet quite a few people in my blu collection. JOHN CARPENTER, GEORGE A ROMERO, WES CRAVEN, ROBERT RODRIGUEZ, QUENTIN TARANTINO, JOHN LANDIS, PETER JACKSON, STAN WINSTON, RON JEREMY, DANIEL TOSH, BRUCE CAMPBELL( yes he is that awesome), SAM RAIMI, JAMIE LEE CURTIS, GUILLERMO DEL TORO( amazing guy!), DANNY ELFMAN, JACK NICHOLSON, HULK HOGAN, TONY TODD, STEVE JAMES, JOHN RUSSO, a lot of B movie stars but one of my favorites overall is DANNY GLOVER. He is a hella nice guy but I ran into him 3 times and the first time was at my first job at a movie theater, guys were over oiling the popcorn before a rush just messing around and GLOVER came in bought some popcorn and got in his car then we see him take a bite and get out of his car. Uh oh, I'm the guy who takes his complaint but he was cool about it. Then I saw him at a gas station and years later shopping in San Francisco.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 AM   #106
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Redding, CA
Default Oh, i forgot

And JOHN WOO and CHOW YUN fricking FAT!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #107
Special Member

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Have met:

Dean Stockwell
Patricia Wettig
Sandra Bullock - Huge ego.
Joel Schumacher
Had dinner with her and a friend at Amerigo when she was in Canton filming "A Time to Kill". She couldn't have had less of an ego.

She was very cordial to a few people that asked for autographs and posed for a few pics.
Display: 60" Pioneer KURO Elite PRO 151FD
Receiver:Onkyo TX-SR875
HD-DVD & BD players:
Toshiba-HD-XA2,Toshiba HD-A35, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Panasonic DMP-BDT210 (X 2)
Denon DVD 1940 CI, CD's, DVD-Audio, SACD
Roku 2 XS
Speakers-Klipsch-Academy (center) Forte; (LR&FR)
SS-One (surrounds), Premier Acoustic PA-120 (sub)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #108

May 2011
North Hollywood, California

Duncan Jones and Sam Rockwell at the New Beverly Theater

Morgan Spurlock at Arclight Hollywood. Got to attend a screening of The Greatest Movie Ever Sold. He signed my poster and I got to talk to him for a bit.

Troy Duffy at a screening of The Boondock Saints at Arclight Hollywood. Ron Jeremy came in midway through the movie and sat next to my brother and I. He talked and texted throughout.

Steve Martin at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills. First celebrity meeting. I was 8 and I said hi and he also said hi but he made no effort to look in my direction.

Shailene Woodley and other cast members of The Secret Life. It's filmed at my school. We're used to having film sets around.

Mickey Dolenz was in our homecoming parade this year. Got to talk to him and he signed my Monkees cd. I'm extremely jealous of my friends autographed copy of Head.

Judd Apatow, Paul Rudd, Maude Apatow, Chris O' Dowd, Graham Parker, Charlyne Yi, and Annie Mumolo at a screening of This Is 40 at Arclight Sherman Oaks.

Tim Burton at a screening of Ed Wood at the LACMA.

I've also seen Frankie Muniz, Jay Leno, and Danny DeVito driving around the valley.

I love living in the Valley
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #109

May 2009
New Zealand

As far as only on Blu-Ray LOL

Braindead: Ken Hammon.

He plays a guy who walks in during the party scene carrying a crate of beer. Met him back in 2001 at an Armageddon convention when the cast of Bad Taste attended.

Super famous!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #110
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Detroit, MI ~ USA

met MANY, MANY, MANY...but I worked on the film 'Alex Cross' and met most of the cast
BD PLAYER (REGION A) : Panasonic DMP-BD85K
BD PLAYER (REGION FREE) : Insignia NS-BRDVD4
HDTV : Panasonic Viera 50" Plasma TC-P50S2

MY 'SALE THREAD'
** thread updated 4-JUNE-2014 **
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #111
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

No actors, but...

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with Dean Karnazes, but he is the author of Ultramarathon Man, and he is notable for his running achievements. He was featured on an episode of Superhumans on the History Channel, and he's also appeared on countless talk shows.
I met Dean Karnazes and talked with him briefly a couple years ago when he gave a pre-race address at a 50-mile trail race that I was running the following day. He shows up at occasional ultra races around here from time to time, so I'll probably cross paths with him again in the future. He's an awesome guy, and is quite modest and down-to-earth in person.

I've also met Charlie Engle, one of the three runners from the Running The Sahara movie. Awesome cool guy.

I've also met several musicians...
The Cure (after a concert in 2000)
Interpol (a bunch of times, since I've been to all ten of their Atlanta concerts)
Billy Zoom, guitarist of X
Mike Score, frontman of A Flock of Seagulls
Wire (UK punk/post-punk act)
...and several others that I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Last edited by The Great Owl; 01-03-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #112

Jan 2009
Ontario, Canada

I've met and got to spend time with Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Betsy Brandt and RJ Mitte all from Breaking Bad, they were all incredibly nice people.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #113
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
California!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
That's what I figured is the place big? Celebs just shop out in the open like regular people?
That's where I met Amanda Seyfried & Hilary Duff. I also got to see Cher Lloyd there and a girl from Pretty Little Liars. I also met a group of Youtubers there as well, who are quite popular in the UK. :P
Anna Faris' Biggest Fan

A year ago (June 2013), I saw Showgirls for the first time and it's changed my life.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #114
Special Member

Feb 2011
USA

Last year I met:
Andrew Lincoln
Sarah Wayne Callies
Laurie Holden
Lauren Cohan
Henry Cavill
Zack Snyder
Jensen Ackles
Jared Padalecki
Ron Perlman
Katey Sagal
Charlie Hunnam
Kim Coates
Ryan Hurst
Kurt Sutter
Dayton Callie
Theo Rossi
Maggie Siff
Mark Boone Junior
Lucy Liu
RZA
Dave Batista
David Guintoli
Russell Hornsby
Bitsie Tullock
Sasha Roiz
Reggie Lee
Jim Kelly
John Saxon
There's more but I'll post them later.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #115

Jan 2013

Never been to convention or anything.. but through screenings or random luck:

john Carpenter
Michael Bay
Sam Raimi
Paul Veerhoven
Joe D'amato
Jet Li
Bruce Willis
Steven Speilberg
Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #116

Sep 2012
Colorado

Arnold Schwarzenegger - met him when I was in high school after Pumping Iron before he was super famous. I interviewed him for a story on a news show I produced. He picked me up with one hand, which was awesome and a big surprise. Very, very nice.

Allison Janney - friends with her in high school. Played with her on the softball team and was going to film a commercial with her and 4 others for a place called Magic Mountain, which turned out to be a big scam.

Kate Upton - saw her briefly at the 2011 ASG celebrity softball game. I didn't talk to her, but my daughter did. Kate was signing things fast and furiously, so she ended up signing my daughters' hand. We took lots of pictures before washing it off. Kate was one of the most stunning people I've ever seen, especially in those shorts.

Tim DeKay - spoke to him for a few minutes at the 2011 ASG celebrity softball game. Very nice, personable, like chatting to your next door neighbor. I don't usually ask for autographs, but got his.

Jamie Gertz - met on the set of Still Standing. My family and I were special guests for one episode and had the pleasure of spending some Tim with her and the two actors who played the kids. Interesting that the two kids dressed in real life the exact opposite of how their characters did on the show. All signed our copy of the script.

Leonard Nimoy - met him when I was 8 or 9 in Massachusetts where he was playing the lead in a summer production of Fiddler on the Roof. I remember a great big smile from him and some chitchat and he signed my program.

Richard Wells - director for [Scrubs] episode 66 on which I was a special guest playing Pharmacist Dr. Greg Bilson. Richard was very accommodating and staged a scene with Richard Kind, Ken Jenkins and John McGinley where I was center shot for my 15 seconds of fame. I was also in a few other scenes in the episode. It freaked my mother out - she didn't know I was going to be on the show, so when she was watching it on NBC a few months later and saw me in the scene, she freaked out!

Richard Kind - spoke to him on/off for the better part of a morning between takes. Always one of my favorites and as nice as could be.

Ken Jenkins - absolute nicest person I've every met in the celebrity world. 180 degrees from his character and was an absolute joy to be around. Was quite helpful too.

Neil Flynn &
John McGinley - had lunch with the cast, primarily Neil and John (with whom I had something unusual with in common). Neil is even taller than he looks, especially flanked by my wife and daughter in some pictures. Both of these guys were regular, very gracious folks with no airs of "I'm a star" about them.

Donald Faison
Sarah Chalke
Zach Braff
Tara Reid
Spend the most time with Donald - very funny and some what of a cut up. Organized some special cast photo shots for us (and with us). Sarah was really busy that day and concentrating for an audition for a part over at Paramount, but she spend some time with my daughter. Saw the least of Zachary, but he said hello and took some pics with us. Seemed friendly. Saw Tara Reid arrive to the set in her car and walk into the medical center. Saw her across the set in another scene later that afternoon, but didn't speak to her.

Conner Trineer
Scott Bakula
Jolene Blalock

Meet Connor, Scott and Jolene outside/inside the set of Enterprise. The most interaction was with Jolene when she came bounding across the set to us, in full T'Pol gear, with a wide bright smile, asking 'who do we have hear?, as if we were some special celebrities ourselves. (Given how hard it was for non-Star Trek people to be allowed to be on the set and explore, I guess we were pretty special). Jolene was such a joy to speak with, very bubbly. I still kick myself for not asking her to take a picture outside with us (she was headed back to her trailer).

John Billingsley
Bonita Friedericy

Ironically, did not meet them on either of our two visits to Enterprise, but my daughter and I chatted with them for 1/2 hour, 45 minutes at a Denver Convention one year. No one else was around and we talked about trek a little, but mostly cats and baseball. The most normal celebrities next door types - just like talking to "real people" who just have a different job than you.

Fred Gwynne
Jennifer O'Neil

Meet each of them in our mutual home town in the late 60's/70's. he was quiet and shy; as a kid I found him intimidating just because of his sheer size. Don't remember any actual conversation other than "Would you like a balloon?)

Jennifer O'Neil - she defined the word stunning for me for years. I was glad we lived in the same town and was pretty sure as soon as I grew up a few years, we could get married. Sigh.

James Doohan -only celebrity I really met and spoke to for more than a few minutes at a Star Trek Convention in the early 70's in New York City. He did 4-5 different voices/accents for me and thanked me for asking him questions that had nothing to do with Star Trek. A number of years later, I did the same with DeForrest Kelly at another convention, who seemed touched that I was interested in talking about his work outside Star Trek

Saw a number of other actors in passing on my two visits to Paramount, but don't remember too many details. One actor I wanted to meet was David James Elliott from JAG, but the PR person with me said he was one of the most unlikable people on the lot, who was nothing like the nice guy he played on JAG.

I think this is pretty good, considering I live in Colorado and have nothing to do with show business other than being in a commercial that aired during the premiere episode of Charlie's Angels in fall 1977 and playing a pharmacist on episode 66 of Scrubs.

If you are interested in BTS for Scrubs or Enterprise, start at scrubs.justbecauseican.com

Last edited by jfh; 01-05-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #117

Jun 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylopez View Post
And JOHN WOO and CHOW YUN fricking FAT!
Wow man, now that is a good one, id love to meet Chow Yun Fat man.

I went to comicon last year, and I met so many people that its crazy, pretty much all of them signed posters and photos for me, I did pay for a couple like the old Star Trek guys, and Stan Lee, but again over 50 free autographed posters.

Cya

Gus
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America