Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Red 2 (Blu-ray)
$6.96
1 hr ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
19 hrs ago
Captain Phillips (Blu-ray)
$5.99
14 hrs ago
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$7.99
11 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
18 hrs ago
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (Blu-ray)
$3.99
12 hrs ago
12 Years a Slave (Blu-ray)
$6.96
1 hr ago
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (Blu-ray)
$6.96
2 hrs ago
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
23 hrs ago
The King's Speech (Blu-ray)
$3.99
19 hrs ago
The Bourne Identity (Blu-ray)
$6.96
2 hrs ago
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.00

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #701

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eny- View Post
Agreed. I think that they were under so many pressure that they rushed it as is.
It's Warner we're talking about, not a cheap studio, there would have been music if they wanted to. I don't know if it was Burton's or someone else's idea but it was quite bold of them to put out a trailer for superhero blockbuster without any music. Surely no studio would do that today, they play it so safe in marketing now it's really sad. And we can't say it didn't work given the Batmania and box office records that summer!

Last edited by Jerry_Dam; 06-23-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #702
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Isn't the shot of that matte the guy picked gonna look softer anyway because it has the optical title on it?
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 06-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #703
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger89 View Post
That makes me feel old
I turned 27 in the summer of 89 and I was already starting to mope a little about thirty looming on the horizon.

What I wouldn't give...
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 06-24-2014, 02:02 AM   #704

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eny- View Post
Agreed. I think that they were under so many pressure that they rushed it as is.
At the time, I was working as a projectionists at a theater that opened this. It was basically thrown together as a response to the "Beetlejuice as Batman...? You have got to be kidding me" backlash after Burton's casting announcement. I remember having "screenings" of the trailer for friends between the regular shows when it first was delivered (with management approval, of course... I spliced the trailer out of the core and looped it....)
Peace... Harry

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

Last edited by HarcourtMudd; 06-24-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #705

Jun 2011
http://letterboxd.com/vigilante86/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarcourtMudd View Post
At the time, I was working as a projectionists at a theater that opened this. It was basically thrown together as a response to the "Beetlejuice as Batman...? You have got to be kidding me" backlash after Burton's casting announcement. I remember having "screenings" of the trailer for friends between the regular shows when it first was delivered (with management approval, of course... I spliced the trailer out of the core and looped it....)
When my wife and I started dating I was working as a projectionist and for a birthday present she bought several 35mm trailers including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Super Mario Bros, Mortal Kombat and the 89 Batman. I remember doing that same thing before our theater converted to digital, it was so cool putting those on the big screen as I remember seeing them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America