Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (Blu-ray)
$2.78

Return of the Living Dead Part II (Blu-ray)
$25.70

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

Home from the Hill (Blu-ray)
$13.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Blockers (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (Blu-ray)
$26.34
6 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Tag (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Truth or Dare (Blu-ray)
$11.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-27-2011, 02:28 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Default Spartacus: Gods of the Arena - Sept 13

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena Blu-ray

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena Blu-ray Review

Is anyone else excited for the blu-ray release of this? I went into watching it with very low expectations (only watched the first episode of Blood and Sand, hated it), but I was hooked after the first episode.

Amazon pre-order is already up
Samsung 46" 650
IKEA LED Dioder Strips <------ FREAKIN AWESOME!
Xbox 360/PS3
Onkyo sr606- Monitor 50 x 2, monitor 30 x 4, cs10
Elemental design a2-300-Mental note: DO NOT test drive this sub right after you put your daughter down for a nap!
Logitech 880- Taking laziness to a whole new level!!!!!

Last edited by Deciazulado; 08-30-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #2

Feb 2011

I didnt even know the show started. I bought the first season on blu when it came not having watched any of it but it was one of the best shows i have seen. Ill be getting this when it comes out for sure.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:14 AM   #3

Jun 2009
Send a message via AIM to xmonkeywarriorx
Talking

M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SellmeyourDVD View Post
Is anyone else excited for the blu-ray release of this? I went into watching it with very low expectations (only watched the first episode of Blood and Sand, hated it), but I was hooked after the first episode.

Amazon pre-order is already up:

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena Blu-ray ]
Omg!! You are missing out on season one!! Yes the first episodes is not all that, but if you keep watching, the show get very very crazy. Hand down best tv show I have ever seen. Anyway god of the arena is not season 2 for anyone who don't know. It a prequel with 6 episodes, and I just got done watching all six episodes on netfilx . It very good, can't wait for season 2 and I'll be picking this up on blu ray even know it only six episodes.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:27 AM   #4

Feb 2011

Only six episodes!!!! It better be really cheap. I thought they said season 2 might not happen because the main guy forgot his name had cancer. They didnt want to continue without him?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #5
Banned

Aug 2010

Last I heard, after much debate, they DID finally decide to re-cast the main Spatacus character for a second season... haven't heard anything about it since.

And yes, Gods of the Arena is a 6-episode Prequel to season one, they filmed that while Andy Whitfield was unable to work while getting treatment.

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 02-27-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:45 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by icanthelpyou1 View Post
Only six episodes!!!! It better be really cheap. I thought they said season 2 might not happen because the main guy forgot his name had cancer. They didnt want to continue without him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyTheater View Post
Last I heard, after much debate, they DID finally decide to re-cast the main Spatacus character for a second season... haven't heard anything about it since.

And yes, Gods of the Arena is a 6-episode Prequel to season one, they filmed that while Andy Whitfield was unable to work while getting treatment.
Yea, they recast the character. The actor gave them the blessing to continue without him while he goes back through Chemo therapy. I wish him and his family his best.

I look forward to seeing this, I've heard nothing but good things about it so far.
RIP Navster, My SF Giants Compadre. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney
Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Old 02-27-2011, 04:04 AM   #7
Special Member

Dec 2009
IL.

Only watched the first 4 episodes so far but it's damn good. That price on amazon, well it needs to drop a bit.
Infini-Tropolis|Twitter
XBL: Br4inDead | PSN: Disturbed Dan
"Please God! We need a cab! One lousy ****in' cab!"
Old 02-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #8

Sep 2010
North Carolina, USA

Definitely will be picking this up, this is an amazing show - one of the best TV shows I have seen in years!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Go back and watch Blood and sands from Episode 5, I hated Blood and sand as well and gave up after several viewings of the first few episodes, The somebody said I should try from Episode 5 and it is much better, If you liked gods of the Arena then you will like Blood and sands from Episode 5 onwards.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
Old 02-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
Expert Member

Dec 2010
sl, ut

35 bucks for 6 episodes? I love both seasons...but I am not paying that price...
Old 02-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
New York

Amazing Prequel
Old 02-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
Go back and watch Blood and sands from Episode 5, I hated Blood and sand as well and gave up after several viewings of the first few episodes, The somebody said I should try from Episode 5 and it is much better, If you liked gods of the Arena then you will like Blood and sands from Episode 5 onwards.
This.^ I, myself, had to get past episode 5, but then it blew me away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenstar View Post
35 bucks for 6 episodes? I love both seasons...but I am not paying that price...
That's not that bad of a deal. Six hours of content for $35 when most 2 hour movies start at $20. I understand that some full season tv shows on bluray are this price, but they usually start at higher prices. This is cheap for tv on blu.

Last edited by Cook; 02-27-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
Special Member

Apr 2008

This is gonna drop in price.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #14
Power Member

Jan 2008
Washington

I'll have to wait for a good price. Got season 1 for 25. Six episodes? Under 20 for me. Show great though. Any opinions on Camelot next week?

Sent via Tapatalk
Team Whiskey's Bionix-V 1.3
BlueTrigger v1.4

MAIN-Pioneer Elite SC-79 BenQ W1080ST 120"
EP IR 3650 PowerCenter Oppo BDP-93 AppleTv Roku3
Harmony Ultimate Phillips Hue Klipsch(C3,F3,F2,F1,S2,S1,2-Sub12's,2-Sub10ís)
BEDROOM-Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH
Samsung UN55F7050AF HDP1800 PowerCenter
Sony BDP470 Fat PS3 AppleTv Harmony One
Klipsch Quintets, bic12
Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #15
Banned

Feb 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Send a message via AIM to linkgx1

The first episode was very boring. It took me 3 months to watch it again. I don't think I ever finished it. But the rest of the season is TOO AWESOME!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #16

Oct 2010
Toronto

why do people still buy single seasons of tv shows, when they know the studios will eventually release a complete series set. To keep yourself busy watch them on tv, or on demand, or netflix, or download them or something. Stop giving these studios your cash.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by choch View Post
why do people still buy single seasons of tv shows, when they know the studios will eventually release a complete series set. To keep yourself busy watch them on tv, or on demand, or netflix, or download them or something. Stop giving these studios your cash.
If you buy the single seasons then you don't have to buy the series box set...

If they do come out with a box set (which is likely) it wont come out for years (literally) since this is going to be an ongoing show. The BD will also be a huge upgrade from the standard definition netflix streaming I've been watching the show on.

Also, it's my money, I'll do with it what I want.
Samsung 46" 650
IKEA LED Dioder Strips <------ FREAKIN AWESOME!
Xbox 360/PS3
Onkyo sr606- Monitor 50 x 2, monitor 30 x 4, cs10
Elemental design a2-300-Mental note: DO NOT test drive this sub right after you put your daughter down for a nap!
Logitech 880- Taking laziness to a whole new level!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:25 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SellmeyourDVD View Post
If you buy the single seasons then you don't have to buy the series box set...

If they do come out with a box set (which is likely) it wont come out for years (literally) since this is going to be an ongoing show. The BD will also be a huge upgrade from the standard definition netflix streaming I've been watching the show on.

Also, it's my money, I'll do with it what I want.
This^. I'd much rather spend $35 a year for each season that drop $200 at one time for the whole series.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:20 AM   #19
Expert Member

Dec 2010
sl, ut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
That's not that bad of a deal. Six hours of content for $35 when most 2 hour movies start at $20. I understand that some full season tv shows on bluray are this price, but they usually start at higher prices. This is cheap for tv on blu.
But isn't the first season 35? For 12 episodes? I am in at 3 an episode like deadwood..
Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #20
Expert Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Yea, they recast the character. The actor gave them the blessing to continue without him while he goes back through Chemo therapy. I wish him and his family his best.

I look forward to seeing this, I've heard nothing but good things about it so far.
They cast a new Spartacus for season 2: Liam McIntyre. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2553987/

For some reason, I get really bummed when I think about Andy Whitfield not being able to continue because of cancer. Probably felt, he had finally gotten his shot at stardom and life deals him a joker.
"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." -Charles Wadsworth

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." ~ Abraham Lincoln

PSN ID: SillyMammo
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America