Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Army of Darkness (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Quiet Place 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Rolling Stones: From the Vault - No Security - San Jose '99 (Blu-ray)
$19.94

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

Pitch Perfect 3 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA
Default Revolution Season 1, September 10th, 2013

Revolution Season 1 has been set for DVD and Blu-ray release this September. While September 10th is being bandied about on TV Shows on DVD.com, it's not been finalized just yet. But, it's official that the set is being released this fall. Warner Brothers will ship the set out on September 10th, as indicated on their website for the pre-order.

Warner Home Video has it listed on their site for the pre-order price of $69.97.

http://www.wbshop.com/product/code/1...821628&ref=CJP

Package art and features are not available just yet but that the Blu-ray set will include an Ultraviolet digital code that will be redeemable until September 10th, 2015, two years from the release date.

Source: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Revolution-Season-1/18150
Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #2

Aug 2012
NH

While I watch this show every week, I don't know if it's purchase worthy yet. Hasn't quite lived up to its potential. Interested in seeing what the back half of the season brings us.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #3

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=215697
Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

I have to agree, Andy. The only new Abrams show that has piqued my interest has been the "Person of Interest" series, which I hadn't started watching until I picked up the Blu-ray set.

I stopped watching Revolution a while back because the episode were starting to become monotonous and were dragging on far too long with no resolution in sight. While I enjoyed Lost for the first few seasons, I do expect at least some revelation and mysteries to be resolved as the series progresses. Abrams simply has the bad habit of not revealing anything, something that I feel harms the series more than it helps.

While I don't expect everything to be revealed, I do expect that any series with any sort of history or mythology to start answering some of the questions and mysteries that the producers of that series include within the show. Like the whole thing with the mystery behind the blackout and the rescue of David, Abrams seemed to be more interested at creating more mysteries within mysteries without giving hints or clues as to what was behind it.

While I'm glad that they're going to resolve the mystery behind the blackout, I think that it was mainly due to pressure that the network and the producers were starting to feel from the fans. Additionally, these networks need to stop these long, extended hiatuses between seasons and during the mid-season break because when they started doing that with the Stargate shows, Lost and Battlestar Galactica, I felt that it harmed those shows too much. Fans of a particular show expect there to be a 3-4 month gap between seasons but the networks have been abusing that practice lately by extending those breaks to last as long as 5-6 months or longer. Take a look at Battlestar Galactica, which everyone can attest to, that saw 8-9 month gaps between season 3 and season 4 along with six months gaps during the mid-season breaks.

Even AMC has started this practice.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America