COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
On the Beach (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Breakheart Pass (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 07-25-2014, 03:48 AM   #181

Jan 2014
Ohio

Does this Blu-ray also contain a 2D version of the film?
Old 07-25-2014, 05:24 AM   #182
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Yes, BUT, if your system is set up for 3D, there's no way to get it to play the 2D version. It defaults to 3D if it can play that way, if not, it defaults to 2D. You don't get a choice in the matter.

If you're buying for a 2D-only setup anyway, I'd recommend getting the original release, which comes with the 2D version and an anaglyph 3D version (glasses included) and lets you choose freely. You can watch it in (admittedly ghosty) 3D regardless of setup, and it's the same price as the proper BD 3D version.

You can find that one here: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/My-Blo...-Blu-ray/4379/
Old 07-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #183
Power Member

Sep 2008
The £كا

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
Yes, BUT, if your system is set up for 3D, there's no way to get it to play the 2D version. It defaults to 3D if it can play that way, if not, it defaults to 2D. You don't get a choice in the matter.

If you're buying for a 2D-only setup anyway, I'd recommend getting the original release, which comes with the 2D version and an anaglyph 3D version (glasses included) and lets you choose freely. You can watch it in (admittedly ghosty) 3D regardless of setup, and it's the same price as the proper BD 3D version.

You can find that one here: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/My-Blo...-Blu-ray/4379/
Yeah, it's odd that they don't let you choose 3D or 2D when you press "play movie".
Wonder why that wasn't an option on this disc?
Old 07-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #184
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray O. Blu View Post
Yeah, it's odd that they don't let you choose 3D or 2D when you press "play movie".
Wonder why that wasn't an option on this disc?
Don't see how they can stop you from watching it in 2D on a 3D display if you choose 2D from the Display's settings:
Setup > Settings > 3D settings > 3D eye-wear ON or OFF
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Old 07-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #185
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post

Sorry, but this is not true.

I have a 3D setup. I just put my 3D disc into my Panasonic player and the first thing it asked me is if I want 3D playback or "auto". Auto playback plays it in 3D mode. 2D plays it in 2D. The player always asks me this when I insert a 3D disc.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #186
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Sorry, but this is not true.

I have a 3D setup. I just put my 3D disc into my Panasonic player and the first thing it asked me is if I want 3D playback or "auto". Auto playback plays it in 3D mode. 2D plays it in 2D. The player always asks me this when I insert a 3D disc.
Some players have different/(sometimes for better or worse) navigation that is not always present on others, so people have different experiences.
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 07-25-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #187
Power Member

Sep 2008
The £كا

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Don't see how they can stop you from watching it in 2D on a 3D display if you choose 2D from the Display's settings:
Setup > Settings > 3D settings > 3D eye-wear ON or OFF
I understand that Paul, but there still should be an option on the actual movie itself that would further simplify choosing which mode you want to view it in.
Could you imagine being forced to change your tv settings every time you alter your 3D/2D viewing preference? There's 5 seconds we'll never get back!
[Show spoiler]
Old 07-26-2014, 05:02 AM   #188

Sep 2012
New Castle, DE

So the original version is the inferior 3D compared to the real 3D one that released with the actual imprint on the case saying "Blu-Ray 3D"? Or are they both the same?

Sorry. I'm a noob to 3D.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #189
Power Member

Sep 2008
The £كا

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruistopher View Post
So the original version is the inferior 3D compared to the real 3D one that released with the actual imprint on the case saying "Blu-Ray 3D"? Or are they both the same?

Sorry. I'm a noob to 3D.
It's OK.
You're correct. The newer version with "Blu-ray 3D" on the case is the way to go. The earlier version is anaglyphic 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies