Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

The Wizard of Oz 3D (Blu-ray)
$46.70
6 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99
4 hrs ago
Free Birds (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #161
Power Member

Apr 2012
Netherlands

Anyone who can hook me up with a slipcover for this release?

I live in Europe. Name your price, we can discuss, but please PM me!
Disney Wishlist '14: Emperor's New Groove ● Frozen ● HerculesJungle Book ● Lilo and Stitch
Mary Poppins ● Robin Hood ● Tarzan ● Treasure Planet ● Wreck-it Ralph
--
Ghibli Wishlist '14: My Neighbor Totoro ● Kiki's Delivery Service ● Whisper of the Heart
Old 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #162
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
USA

I finished watching the first film last night and will watch the sequel tonight. I'd seen the film a few times before on VHS, so the Blu-ray presentation was a great upgrade. I was a little disappointed with the banding though, and it distracted me when I noticed it. It is by no means horrible, but it's one of those things you would hope they'd address and fix before releasing a title, if possible.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #163
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
HD-DVD: 352

I was planning to wait for this to fall sub-$20 (like we all know it will) but when I saw the new DMR promo for 100 bonus points today, and when I found some copies left at Wal-Mart, still marked $24.96, I decided to get one while I could still take my pick of slipcovers.

But I noticed it has a sticker over the tech specs on the rear of the slipcover and a sticker over the UPC. I'm a bit late to this thread but I did a search and found nothing about the situation...what happened?

If I compare the specs on the slip sticker to the specs on the actual cover art on the case, looks like they attempted to "remove" all references to aspect ratios and also removed DTS 5.1 audio from BB2 DVD...
Old 04-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #164
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
I was planning to wait for this to fall sub-$20 (like we all know it will) but when I saw the new DMR promo for 100 bonus points today, and when I found some copies left at Wal-Mart, still marked $24.96, I decided to get one while I could still take my pick of slipcovers.

But I noticed it has a sticker over the tech specs on the rear of the slipcover and a sticker over the UPC. I'm a bit late to this thread but I did a search and found nothing about the situation...what happened?

If I compare the specs on the slip sticker to the specs on the actual cover art on the case, looks like they attempted to "remove" all references to aspect ratios and also removed DTS 5.1 audio from BB2 DVD...
I believe the sticker is to cover up this error on the BB DVD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-P View Post
Like the mix-up of the Full-Frame only DVD disc in the Roger Rabbit Blu-ray, this package only has the 1.66:1 "family friendly ratio" DVD of Brother Bear. The packaging claims that the DVD has both the 2.35:1 AND family friendly versions but it just isn't true. It's simply a re-pressing of the bonus disc from the 2004 DVD release.
I doubt Disney will do a replacement program here; offering both 1.85/2.35:1 & 1.66:1 on DVD would make it a 4-disc set (they were originally on separate discs).

Edit: Here is the official word from Disney's support website. It makes NO mention of a replacement program:
Quote:
Why is my DVD of “Brother Bear” missing the English DTS Audio Track and (2.35.1) Widescreen version?

We are aware of a packaging error with our Blu-ray Brother Bear 2-Movie Collection Combo Pack. The packaging states that the Brother Bear DVD includes an English 5.1 DTS Audio Track and the Widescreen (2.35:1) Version of the film. These two features are not available on the disc.

The Brother Bear DVD contains an English 5.1 Dolby Digital Track and the Family-Friendly Aspect Ratio (1.66:1) version of the film.

If you have any questions regarding your Blu-ray combo pack, please submit an email via our Contact Us page.
Edit #2: The BB2 DVD still has DTS; they only had to omit it from BB. (The original BB DVD only had DTS on Disc 2, the OAR disc.)
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, TMT 6, PDVD 11)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Chromecast; Vizio Co-Star (Google TV); Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.

Last edited by RBBrittain; 04-06-2013 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Add official word from studio
Old 04-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #165

Sep 2010

Anyone know if the UK solo release is dual aspect?
Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #166
Power Member

Apr 2012
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot75 View Post
Anyone know if the UK solo release is dual aspect?
It is. Like all the other Blu-Ray releases of this film, it switches from windowboxed to widescreen 25 minutes in.
Disney Wishlist '14: Emperor's New Groove ● Frozen ● HerculesJungle Book ● Lilo and Stitch
Mary Poppins ● Robin Hood ● Tarzan ● Treasure Planet ● Wreck-it Ralph
--
Ghibli Wishlist '14: My Neighbor Totoro ● Kiki's Delivery Service ● Whisper of the Heart
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #167
Power Member

Apr 2011

I saw this for the first time last night, and I really liked it.

It is definitely a film with various problems. It can't seem to find its balance between the serious and the comedy (similar to Mulan); the 'message' comes off quite heavy-handedly, with little subtlety; and the resolution comes all to easily and quickly.

However, the animation and visuals in general are breath-taking, the music is effective (though some of the lyrics could definitely be better), and the film is overall both heartbreaking and heartwarming (that is, it effectively evokes emotion) despite its heavy-handedness.

If this took a lesson or two from Bambi, I think this could have been a really amazing film. Still, I think its pretty good and is worthy entry into the Disney canon.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #168

Jun 2012
U.K.

Did anyone get this from amazon and get a slipcover. This week
Old 06-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #169

Dec 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna View Post
Did anyone get this from amazon and get a slipcover. This week
Ya, I ordered it from Amazon after the price cut two days ago and it came today with a slipcover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post

It is definitely a film with various problems. It can't seem to find its balance between the serious and the comedy (similar to Mulan); the 'message' comes off quite heavy-handedly, with little subtlety; and the resolution comes all to easily and quickly.

However, the animation and visuals in general are breath-taking, the music is effective (though some of the lyrics could definitely be better), and the film is overall both heartbreaking and heartwarming (that is, it effectively evokes emotion) despite its heavy-handedness.

If this took a lesson or two from Bambi, I think this could have been a really amazing film. Still, I think its pretty good and is worthy entry into the Disney canon.
Just finished watching this movie for the first time and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said.

Other thoughts: There are one too many montages and the conflict never seemed to reach its peak. (Good example: Scar holding Simba from his death atop Pride Rock in The Lion King before the final battle ensues).

Kind of disappointed Phil Collins didn't quite live up to his genius in Tarzan, but I enjoyed "On My Way" and the sad song that plays with Kenai and Koda in the snow. The song about 'family', 'sharing', and ' caring' was way too cheesy, though. All the instrumental and vocalized songs were terrific though.

Another thing: really annoyed I can't change the scene while watching the movie. I mean that is one of the selling points of Blu-ray, isn't it?

Last edited by VagueSimplicity; 06-08-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:05 AM   #170
Expert Member

May 2009

I liked "No Way Out" too but after watching the deleted scene (is it on blu-ray?), I wished they played it out that way. But I guess that if they did, it'd make the film darker than intended.
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).
Old 06-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #171

Jun 2012
U.K.

[QUOTE=VagueSimplicity;7663807]Ya, I ordered it from Amazon after the price cut two days ago and it came today with a slipcover.

Great thanks
Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #172
Expert Member

May 2010
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post

I felt the same way. It was just all over so quickly. I wasn't a fan of the montages either. I kept thinking that if they'd fleshed out the story better, it could've been up there with some of the 90s canon films. It was definitely better than I was expecting, though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America