Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
12 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Son of Batman (Blu-ray)
$8.00
14 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

You Only Live Twice (Blu-ray)
$3.99
12 hrs ago
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 11-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #2741

Jan 2010
Lisbon, Portugal
-
-
Exclamation

One thing that's a bit annoying of australian database why there's a lot of Blu-Ray's with incomplete specs?? after years of the release date!? no audio and subtitles, and there are few new releases that have complete specs.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #2742

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
One thing that's a bit annoying of australian database why there's a lot of Blu-Ray's with incomplete specs?? after years of the release date!? no audio and subtitles, and there are few new releases that have complete specs.
They can only be updated when people buy them, confirm the specs, then submit them. It's a user submitted database.

Most of the time you can just ask in the Australian subforum and someone usually knows.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:08 AM   #2743

Jan 2010
Lisbon, Portugal
-
-
Exclamation

This doens't make sense, we have internet for what? to wait for a guy to buy a blu ray to confirm a 3000 or more blu-ray's or more to do a australian database, this is ridiculous with the amount of information available in the internet and online stores, review sites and cover sites, dozens of them with subtitles and audio indicated, and a lot of blu-ray's that are exactly the same of UK and US, i know more specs that the guys are adding these titles, so somethings wrong here and the guys that are doing this work have lack of dinamic and source sites, nobody goes to shops???? take a picture and see the back covers, send e-mails to online shops to ask questions, is it necessary to buy all the blu-ray's to confirm all specs? So until a guy buy's a blu-ray to confirm specs we're going to have the database complete in 2020.
And there are some Blu-Ray's bad linked like this one, to superman and with no specs, the release was June 18th, today is November 23rd! so there's enough time to confirm this.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Black-...lu-ray/102417/

Last edited by Super Sonic; 11-23-2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:23 AM   #2744

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
This doens't make sense, we have internet for what? to wait for a guy to buy a blu ray to confirm a 3000 or more blu-ray's or more to do a australian database, this is ridiculous with the amount of information available in the internet and online stores, review sites and cover sites, dozens of them with subtitles and audio indicated, and a lot of blu-ray's that are exactly the same of UK and US, i know more specs that the guys are adding these titles, so somethings wrong here and the guys that are doing this work have lack of dinamic and source sites, nobody goes to shops???? take a picture and see the back covers, send e-mails to online shops to ask questions, is it necessary to buy all the blu-ray's to confirm all specs? So until a guy buy's a blu-ray to confirm specs we're going to have the database complete in 2020.
And there are some Blu-Ray's bad linked like this one, to superman and with no specs, the release was June 18th, today is November 23rd! so there's enough time to confirm this.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Black-...lu-ray/102417/
Bwahahaha! Cover specs? hells no, 85% of the time they are WRONG.

Email Online Shops? again, you'll get the WRONG specs because they don't know. Distributors give the wrong info too, you'll hear that from any Aussie/Kiwi who has tried to get that information out of them.

Are you volunteering to submit the specs you gather from online reviews (that are for the Australian releases) to the Database? If not, seriously take a step back and appreciate the time it takes to scan discs and collect the CORRECT info.

And yes, again, if you're not willing to take a chance and buy a blu-ray without knowing the info, then it's your loss. But hey, once you do, feel free to submit that info right? so that people like you can calm the frak down eh? Roll your eyes as much as you want.

Also, to note for your information, just because a disc is Warner Brothers or Universal Studios in every country, doesn't mean the specs are the same either.

That Black Beauty Blu-Ray, did you actually notice ONE person has it in their collection? ONE. Go ask them if your that desperate.

Last edited by LordCrumb; 11-23-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Thanks given by:
Anamnesis (11-23-2014), Caustic (11-23-2014), Cevolution (11-23-2014), Hucksta G (11-24-2014), jkington (11-23-2014), melmac (11-24-2014), Saints 2010 (11-24-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 03:43 AM   #2745

Jan 2010
Lisbon, Portugal
-
-

So i presume if you see a australian MPAA in a UK, german, spanish, italian Blu-Ray disc at the internet in the way and methods adopted this doens't mean anything because you have to buy the Blu-Ray and don't belive in nothing told by selllers and written in the covers, and Blu-Rays' that are exactly the same of other countries, ok. Every one has his own methods, some are quick, others are slow to do the same job. I have master blu ray's not for commercial purpose to do reviews, that indicate Australia in the disc and a lot of other countries that are sold, i see what i can do to help with the database.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:59 AM   #2746

May 2009
New Zealand

Your understanding of this whole thing is starting to clash and getting confusing for yourself. Not to mention the rambling nature of your post (understandable if English might not be your first language).

Ok, so you buy a Blu-Ray from a different country, and it's got the Aussie ratings logo on it, then YES, the specs will be the same as their foreign counterpart.

When I said all discs are not the same, regardless if they are distributed by Warner etc etc worldwide, still stands.

Everyone appreciates you wanting to submit correct specs to the database.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:35 AM   #2747
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Quote:
So i presume if you see a australian MPAA in a UK, german, spanish, italian Blu-Ray disc at the internet in the way and methods adopted this doens't mean anything because you have to buy the Blu-Ray and don't belive in nothing told by selllers and written in the covers, and Blu-Rays' that are exactly the same of other countries, ok. Every one has his own methods, some are quick, others are slow to do the same job. I have master blu ray's not for commercial purpose to do reviews, that indicate Australia in the disc and a lot of other countries that are sold, i see what i can do to help with the database.

Please don't come here to this section and tell us how to run things. This isn't the first time you've ranted about this. This site relies on the information submitted to the database to be accurate, the best method to achieve this is from members who own the discs. Any sensible person knows that's it's moronic to rely on the specs posted by Amazon or any other online retailer as being factual. If the foundation of the sites database was built by doing this it would make the site less valuable for it's owners. In the case of releases where it's evident that the disc specs are the same for multiple countries, where the specs are posted against another countries entry for the same version, then why does it matter to you if the Australian/New Zealand database is missing the specs for these?

Despite this, rating logos on discs have been proven to be an inaccurate source, for example the Nordic Mission Impossible 1-3 AVC/DTS-HD MA discs bears the Australian rating logos, even though the versions with those specs are not available here. The discs released here have different specs. It has also been proven many times that the specs distributors post on their websites, or print on the covers can be wrong.

I have actually been intending to go through my collection in the database, and start to enter missing specs, which will be taken directly from the disc.

If you want to contribute to our local database then that's great, however the info you provide better be from reputable source, otherwise if I start noticing entries submitted by you that are wrong where it's blatantly obvious that you have taken them from an unreliable source, I will delete them and report them to the Mod's.

Edit: I'd also like to add, I can see that you have submitted a lot of specs to the database, however if these have been obtained in the way you mentioned you want to for Australian/New Zealand releases, then you are actually doing this site a disservice.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote

Last edited by Cevolution; 11-23-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Thanks given by:
Clak (11-23-2014), thetechnique (11-23-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 04:59 AM   #2748

Apr 2010
Central Coast NSW Australia
Australia

21/1/15

11/2/15

26/3/15
I Don't Mean To Sound Bitter, Cold Or Cruel But I Am So That's How It Comes Out.
-Bill Hicks
Old 11-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #2749
Contributor

Jul 2010
Australia

Just a quick note from me with regards to specs etc... I work in the industry and I can tell you unequivocally that the distributors here in Australia have absolutely no idea what their discs specifications will be! None of them! I get release sheets months in advance that all look to be copy and pasted from 1 title from about 10 years ago on DVD.... they sometimes update specs on their websites, but don't even get me started on how bad they are!! Most retailers rely on specs from the distributor. See statement above. rinse.. repeat... welcome to my world!!
Thanks given by:
80sfanboy (11-25-2014), beechy (11-23-2014), Cevolution (11-23-2014), Davidian (11-23-2014), L-Rouge (Today)
Old 11-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #2750

Nov 2014

Hi Everyone, just have a question, does Australia and New Zealand have the same release date for Blu-Rays?
Old 11-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #2751
Contributor

Jul 2010
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2104 View Post
Hi Everyone, just have a question, does Australia and New Zealand have the same release date for Blu-Rays?
No, not always, but most big releases are the same dates.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #2752

Nov 2014

JB Hi Fi NZ have an Alternative Lenticular Cover Exclusive, cover looks better compared to the standard one thats on Mighty Ape. Hopefully the price drops though.

http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/dvd/dvd-gen...raviolet/84848
Old Today, 02:13 AM   #2753

Jul 2013
Melbourne

Good news for Eurocult movie fans:

Joe D'Amato's notorious BEYOND THE DARKNESS aka BUI OMEGA aka BLUE HOLOCAUST was classified R 18+ yesterday for DVD and Blu-ray. Umbrella is releasing it...not sure when.
Thanks given by:
LordCrumb (Today)
Old Today, 03:10 AM   #2754

Jun 2008
Perth, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2104 View Post
JB Hi Fi NZ have an Alternative Lenticular Cover Exclusive, cover looks better compared to the standard one thats on Mighty Ape. Hopefully the price drops though.

http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/dvd/dvd-gen...raviolet/84848
Preview of the lenticular cover of Lucy on JB AU.
Lord, I am your arm of justice. Your righteous sword of vengeance. Let my blows be true!

Wanted: Dawn of the Dead (Arrow)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia