Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$12.36
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$75.49
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Creepshow (Blu-ray)
$5.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #61
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
Camp Crystal Lake
Send a message via Skype™ to MovieFanatic2010

It makes you wonder what these reviewers are seeing that we are not....I watched Priest last week and i would give the 3D a solid 3.5 out of 5.... No way it deserves a 1.5. Captain America got a 2.5 That was a great conversion.
BASEMENT HOME THEATER - EPSON 5030UB 2D/3D PROJECTOR W/ 100" ELITE SCREEN - RECEIVER - HARMON KARDON 1710 7.2
FRONT SPEAKERS - INFINITY PRIMUS P363 CENTER SPEAKER INFINITY PRIMUS PC351 - SIDES AND REARS POLK AUDIO 30'S + 40'S
SUBWOOFERS PREMIER ACOUSTIC PA-120 650 WATT TITANIUM + POLK AUDIO PSW110
BASS SHAKERS BASH 500 WATT AMP + 2 CLARK TRANSDUCERS
BEDROOM DISPLAY - PANASONIC VIERA TC-P60UT50 60 -INCH 3D PLASMA
Old 11-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #62

Nov 2010
Hove,UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieFanatic2010 View Post
It makes you wonder what these reviewers are seeing that we are not....I watched Priest last week and i would give the 3D a solid 3.5 out of 5.... No way it deserves a 1.5. Captain America got a 2.5 That was a great conversion.
I agree. Read about the conversion being no good but I fail to see much fault with it,if any.... loved it!
3D is here to stay,get used to it.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #63
Expert Member

Apr 2012

Am watching this one again, possibly for the 5th or so time. I obviously really enjoy this movie and the 3D is terribly underrated on this.

It's a good vampire flick and if you don't take it too seriously it is quite good.

I Wish I could say more but that really covers it.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #64
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
It really wasn't. The 3d was tacked on and didn't add to the film. Sure if you are a 3D buff you may enjoy the option. But everyone else will walk away wondering why they paid the premium.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #65
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
I agree. Read about the conversion being no good but I fail to see much fault with it,if any.... loved it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
Am watching this one again, possibly for the 5th or so time. I obviously really enjoy this movie and the 3D is terribly underrated on this.

It's a good vampire flick and if you don't take it too seriously it is quite good.

I Wish I could say more but that really covers it.
I agree, this is underrated for the 3D, as it's a medium to high medium conversion, though it does have near the end desert train scene, some more mild 3D that crops up, and a few unconverted 3D shots that are flat 2D probably due to time constraints. The 3D layering looks pretty good, and the movie is entertaining.

Paul Bettany (Priest married to Jennifer Connelly) also is the voice of Iron Man's computer in the new Avengers Age of Ultron movie from what I read. Not Ultron himself, played by James Spader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
It really wasn't. The 3d was tacked on and didn't add to the film. Sure if you are a 3D buff you may enjoy the option. But everyone else will walk away wondering why they paid the premium.
The movie didn't do very well in US theaters and left theaters shortly due to the tough summer competition. Had the 3D been mild from start to finish, then I'd say it was tacked on but what is here is worth watching for fans of 3D layering. The ash falling from the sky in the shot where Karl Urban is standing in the night streets is in the strong 3D range.
This is noticeably better than Smurfs 3D, Green Lantern 3D, Clash of the Titans 3D, etc.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #66

Oct 2014

I've watched this movie many times. I really like the world, the different take on vamps and think the 3D is at least ok. Love those bikes too. Over all I think it is a very good movie, for my tastes.

My only complaint is I cant seem to get the movie to look great. From scene to scene it is either too dark or too bright. I've resigned that it is a product of the setting, wasteland would be supper bright and vamps love the dark. I wish they would have toned it down a bit though. Maybe my HD66/screen just doesn't have enough contrast to pull it off.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies