Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Rockford Files: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$70.77
Heat (Blu-ray)
$7.88
John Wick: Chapter 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.96
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Hacksaw Ridge (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Star Trek Into Darkness 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Shack (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions (Blu-ray)
$17.89
One-Punch Man: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.52
Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$95.68
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM   #163961
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20th Century Boy View Post
Been holding out a long while for an HD transfer. Finally just gave in.

EDIT: Isn't it amazing how much punch older films can have? I remember being so awestruck by Wings, just the heights filmmakers had to go to get their shots before CG.
The "heights" to get shots of airplane battles. Ha, I get it. Or was the pun unintentional. WINGS is definitely an amazing film, however, and the Blu-ray is just as amazing. If you haven't already got them, you need to get the Blu-rays of THE BIG PARADE and BEHIND THE DOOR.

I wish Criterion would do more silents on Blu-ray and upgrade their fine DVD editions of notable silents to Blu-ray (like PANDORA'S BOX, the von Sternberg set, KING OF KINGS, etc.).
Thanks given by:
oildude (Yesterday), RojD (Today), StarDestroyer52 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #163962

Mar 2016
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoytereden View Post
Another disturbing film from the silent era is the Japanese film A Page of Madness. No telling what damage a double feature of those two would do.
I don't know anything about A Page of Madness, but the San Francisco Silent Film Festival announced they were showing it this year, and I've heard it independently mentioned enough times recently that have me excited to see it. It's a Lobster Films restoration, and Flicker Alley confirmed on Facebook that it's coming from them at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Velvet View Post
The "heights" to get shots of airplane battles. Ha, I get it. Or was the pun unintentional. WINGS is definitely an amazing film, however, and the Blu-ray is just as amazing. If you haven't already got them, you need to get the Blu-rays of THE BIG PARADE and BEHIND THE DOOR.
I blind bought The Big Parade when Amazon had it for extremely cheap a few months ago, and very much enjoyed it. The battle scene
[Show spoiler]with the superimpositions of different distances of the battle field so that the whole screen is writhing like a Bosch painting
is fantastic.
Thanks given by:
StarDestroyer52 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM   #163963
Power Member

Oct 2010
The Big Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseabove View Post
I don't know anything about A Page of Madness, but the San Francisco Silent Film Festival announced they were showing it this year, and I've heard it independently mentioned enough times recently that have me excited to see it. It's a Lobster Films restoration, and Flicker Alley confirmed on Facebook that it's coming from them at some point.
I'll be interested in reading what you and others think after seeing it.
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #163964
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
They should do a two-fer of this and Blue in the Face. Or at least put the sequel on as an extra.
Yes, for sure. I actually finally got around to watching Blue in the Face and quite enjoyed it as a companion piece to Smoke. I gotta say, I've never seen another movie quite like Smoke before, and its such a powerful film. Harvey Keitel and William Hurt were mesmerizing.
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #163965

Sep 2011
Illinois

Isn't the semi annual sale of Criterion titles at Barnes & Noble due to start sometime in May?
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM   #163966
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Isn't the semi annual sale of Criterion titles at Barnes & Noble due to start sometime in May?
July
Thanks given by:
javy (Yesterday), Vilya (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #163967

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
July
Thank you; I guess I can go off on some other buying theme for May then.
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM   #163968
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Where better to start than...

And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Thanks given by:
StarDestroyer52 (Today), Vilya (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM   #163969
Power Member

Jun 2014
NYC

Quote:
It is ani-May after all. Get your Miyazaki on.
Thanks given by:
jedidarrick (Yesterday), Vilya (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM   #163970

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post
Where better to start than...

I have this on DVD already and I will likely upgrade it.
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #163971

Sep 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaide View Post
I think I have Miyazaki pretty well represented, but I could definitely expand my anime collection.
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM   #163972
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
West Hollywood, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja345 View Post
Seagal deserves a spot in the collection. "The Glimmer Man", "On Deadly Ground", and "Fire Down Below" need BD releases and "Out for Justice" and "Marked for Death" need remasterings. This is right up Criterion's alley. A Seagal box set would be much-welcomed.
Sorry, no he doesn't.
Thanks given by:
Arch Stanton (Yesterday), Vilya (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #163973
Special Member

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
Sorry, no he doesn't.
Dude, I was joking, as I later indicated.
Top 10 Most Wanted on Blu-Ray: 1) After Hours 2) Bringing Out the Dead 3) Bob Roberts 4) O Lucky Man 5) California Split 6) The Music of Chance 7) The Limey 8) Brewster McCloud 9) The Hitcher (1986) 10) Straight Time
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #163974
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
Parts Unknown
-
-

I have no idea why this isn't in the Criterion Collection. What an oversight!

I'll be back – for more bargain bin Blus!

Threads I curate: Best Buy $5.99 Bin | Big Lots Deals | 7-Eleven Blu-ray Deals | 99-cent HD Rental of the Week
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #163975

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaide View Post
Speaking of anime, I wish some label would put Gunbuster back in print.
Old Today, 01:02 AM   #163976

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidarrick View Post
Speaking of anime, I wish some label would put Gunbuster back in print.
Gunbustet OVA with the original omakes, so that I could retire my US Renditions VHS tapes and Bandai Visual DVDs.
Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Sommarens tolv månader (1988), Dead of Night (1945), Tag: The Assassination Game (1982), My Chaffeur (1986), Thunder in Paradise TV (1994), Murder Rock (1984), Mirage (1990), Cruel Jaws (1995), The Midnight Hour (1985), Blood Frenzy (1987), Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987), Cheerleader Camp (1988), Blood Island (1982)
Old Today, 01:03 AM   #163977

Nov 2015

Quote:
I wish it was. I want to throw a lot of money at them.
Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Sommarens tolv månader (1988), Dead of Night (1945), Tag: The Assassination Game (1982), My Chaffeur (1986), Thunder in Paradise TV (1994), Murder Rock (1984), Mirage (1990), Cruel Jaws (1995), The Midnight Hour (1985), Blood Frenzy (1987), Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987), Cheerleader Camp (1988), Blood Island (1982)
Old Today, 01:32 AM   #163978

Aug 2016
Eastern Maryland
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Velvet View Post

I wish Criterion would do more silents on Blu-ray and upgrade their fine DVD editions of notable silents to Blu-ray (like PANDORA'S BOX, the von Sternberg set, KING OF KINGS, etc.).
I bought Wings and The Big Parade a few months ago. Man was I blown away at the battle scenes before CG and the story. I always loved WW1 films like them, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Dawn Patrol, and Hell's Angels.
Old Today, 01:34 AM   #163979

Aug 2016
Eastern Maryland
USA

Quote:
July.
Old Today, 02:18 AM   #163980
Power Member

Jun 2013

The selection on Filmstruck is great, but I still feel their rollout of the service to various devices has been a complete and utter failure.

It's been 6 months since it officially launched and still no Roku support. (still saying "Spring" though)

They finally added gen 1 chromecast support after being the only app to not support it and now it doesn't seem to work whether through the app or done as a full screen tab from the browser. (they say their engineers are on it)

I realize this is not Criterion's fault but just wanted to vent, i've was a part of the beta so it's been almost a full year where I feel I haven't properly been able to dig into it. My watchlist has like 60 films.

I realize I could have simply bought a firestick or an apple tv, but that already feels redundant, especially with smart tvs and having the 2 aforementioned sticks already. I refuse to buy anything for just one app
Thanks given by:
RojD (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors