COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$30.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Sabrina (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Visitors (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Double Indemnity (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Venus and Vegas (Blu-ray)
$7.49
Tim's Vermeer (Blu-ray)
$20.49
Seattle Seahawks: Road to XLVIII (Blu-ray)
$27.49
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Being Human: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
India
Default Disney/Pixar Recommendations?

So far, I haven't really seen many (if any) Disney/Pixar movies. Any recommendations? I'm kinda picky when it comes to animation though.
So far I've seen:
Coraline,Paranorman,Polar Express,Arthur Christmas and Monster House. I've pre-ordered Rise of the Guardians and Hotel Transylvania. I watched Shark Tale when I was a kid and I liked it too.

I didn't like Despicable Me.

I'm thinking of buying Brave but it's been getting mixed reviews. How about the Toy Story trilogy? I grew up playing with Lego and other action figures, I think I can easily relate to that (if it's required to enjoy the movie more). I'm not a fan of songs in animated movies though if it's just one or two I can easily skip through them.

I just have one requirement : It has to be in 3D. I don't want to purchase a 2D animated film as it will probably get a 3D re-relase anyway and I prefer watching them that way.

I want something with a great sense of adventure, interesting plot and probably a few jokes as well. Something feel-good and fun.Something other than 'kiddy stuff' like Despicable Me.

There are a lot of options but I have no idea where to begin but I prefer computer animation over hand drawn material.
LG 55 Inch LM6700 Passive 3D TV
Sony 5.1 HTIB, Sony 32 Inch LCD TV
Optoma HD67 Active 3D Projector With 160 Inch Screen
Nvidia 3D Vision
7.1 Polk Audio System (6 Towers)
Onkyo HT-Rc270 receiver
Old 01-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas1015 View Post
So far, I haven't really seen many (if any) Disney/Pixar movies. Any recommendations? I'm kinda picky when it comes to animation though.
So far I've seen:
Coraline,Paranorman,Polar Express,Arthur Christmas and Monster House. I've pre-ordered Rise of the Guardians and Hotel Transylvania. I watched Shark Tale when I was a kid and I liked it too.

I didn't like Despicable Me.

I'm thinking of buying Brave but it's been getting mixed reviews. How about the Toy Story trilogy? I grew up playing with Lego and other action figures, I think I can easily relate to that (if it's required to enjoy the movie more). I'm not a fan of songs in animated movies though if it's just one or two I can easily skip through them.

I just have one requirement : It has to be in 3D. I don't want to purchase a 2D animated film as it will probably get a 3D re-relase anyway and I prefer watching them that way.

I want something with a great sense of adventure, interesting plot and probably a few jokes as well. Something feel-good and fun.Something other than 'kiddy stuff' like Despicable Me.

There are a lot of options but I have no idea where to begin but I prefer computer animation over hand drawn material.
You do realize every movie besides Brave that you listed wasn't done by Disney or Pixar? .-. I'm surprised you don't like hand drawn because hand drawn is beautiful. If you were looking for Hand drawn 3D Beauty and the Beast is out of print but easily found on amazon still, and The Lion King is going out of print in april. Both look amazing. The Little Mermaid is coming in fall. Disney most likely won't be doing anymore 3D conversions anymore, Pixar might continue because John Lasseter said he liked it so much. But anyways, back to CGI. Tangled is breathtaking in 3D. Brave is beautiful too, but its a movie you either love or hate, I love it, but I would recommend a rental if you haven't seen it because theres a fair majority who thought it was Pixar's worse.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Expert Member

Jul 2012
Jacksonville, FL

This thread.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=213162
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
animation, disney, pixar, recommendations