Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces (Blu-ray)
$48.95
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Exorcist III (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Aliens (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The BFG (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Carrie (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Highlander (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Pan's Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-25-2016, 10:36 PM   #701

Jun 2016

I like this film but imo certain aspects hold it back from being great.The scene with Kong on ice in N.Y. was bad and should have been cut.
The action scenes are so over-the-top;Kong battling three T-Rex's and the stampede sequence.
I preferred the extended version with the sea monster(Piranhadon?).A great scene that should have stayed in the theatrical cut.
I'm happy that Jackson kept the depression-era backdrop and gave Kong fans a spider-pit sequence.
I still prefer this to the 1976 effort but either version still can't touch the original classic.
Old Yesterday, 03:28 AM   #702
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2015
Ohio

Even though the theatrical cut could've been trimmed down, I liked it way more than the extended cut.
Everyone is a monster to someone. Since you're so convinced that I am yours, I will be it.
Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM   #703
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

The stampede sequence and Kong vs 3 V-rex's get the most criticism but to my knowledge they are the only two sequences that were locked in from day one. As a lot of you know, PJ was going to make Kong straight after The Frighteners and a lot pre-production work was done on the movie in the late 90's. One of the key things to come from this was the bust of Kong fighting 3 V-Rex's and the concept of a brontosaurus stampede. This earlier version of Kong was going to have a lot lighter tone, more akin to The Mummy. I recall PJ saying that when Kong didn't happen in the late 90's he requested this bust of Kong fighting 3 V-Rex's himself to have on his desk or something.

While LOTR happened a lot changed with the Kong remake however the two sequences that were always there from the beginning were the stampede and the big Kong/ 3 V-Rex fight.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore

Best of 2016: Gods of Egypt!
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #704
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

This movie still has that epic scope in my eyes. I always like popping in the Blu-ray once in a while just because its that demo material. It looks even nicer upscaled to 4K.
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"
Thanks given by:
levcore (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #705

Jul 2015
Karloffornia!!

This is actually a guilty pleasure for me.

I'll usually watch it if I catch it on tv, but man, the stampede scene really annoys me beyond belief. The 'insect pit' scene is pretty damn cool though.
Hey kid, wanna make ten bucks?
Old Today, 12:37 AM   #706
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Arizona, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilive View Post
This is actually a guilty pleasure for me.

I'll usually watch it if I catch it on tv, but man, the stampede scene really annoys me beyond belief. The 'insect pit' scene is pretty damn cool though.
You shouldn't feel guilty about it.

I don't get what's so annoying about the stampede scene or the V-Rex x3 scene, we see action like that in plenty of blockbusters, before and since. The river barrel sequence in Desolation of Smaug was one of the highlights of that movie! Super fun and entertaining. It's adventure, it doesn't have to be 100% realistic.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America